Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Everything that is wrong with this game and the state it is in right now

I see the "derailing excuse" in the concerning thread as an attempt to silence players that speak up or at least to try to "break the resistence" ... but I won't be silent andy longer and took the effort to create a new thread that the discussion can continue here.

Why I see it that way? The concerning thread wasn't created by the devs and was of course another major f*ckup for no reason.

That's what we've got so far (without the quotes so it may be a bit confusing but the attempt to silence the criticism that way will not work this time):

hold: "Devs: "Booohoooo we would love to push new content out faster but our resources are limited ... *cry*"

... resources are put into things that aren't broken to break it.

With every update this scam and the guys calling the shots are less credible. NIce idea with nice graphics - unfortunately a cash grab exploiting the loyal fans of Iron Maiden.

QA is non existent in Legacy of the Bugs ... no resources ... they are all put into think tanks how to mil the players."

Mariner-1212: "Hold, I'm curious... do you enjoy the game in any way? Is there a reason you play it? I like to learn things about users, especially the ones that make it their mission to shit on everything. If you think you're the first person here to point out that there are shortcomings in the game, I'm sorry but those shoes were filled by many others over the past 2.5 years. It seems like you're on the forums an awful lot... but most of it (maybe all of it) is spent churning out negative energy.

I'm trying to figure out the point. Is your plan to cause an uprising against NF and get all users to abandon the game so it can close its doors? Or maybe you think they'll see your posts and say "Hold is right, we should do whatever he says"...? Help me understand your vision, and why you stick around. I'm not saying you don't have a reason to be upset - I think we've all been upset with the game from time to time. But it seems more like a full time job for you. What's got you so angry?"

hold: "I put a lot of time in this game (from the very start). I would love that the devs finally deliver what they are promising since like forever. My point is:

- It didn't help at all for people pointing out things. The devs simply ignored it or waited until a thread was buried and carried on like before. That approach obviously is not working
    - So let's try a different approach and call the poor work of the devs out as much as possible. Only if they start to suffer enough they will change something.

The are also not playing fair anymore. So I am pointing out that people should complain to Apple that LotB is not complying to their rules and tell us the droprates. Again - once they have been called out not playing fair and people see it is a scam - change can come.

I don't care if everyone thinks I'm an asshole because I will not give in for letting those fraudsters win. I'm way too stubborn for this. But it really is enough how the devs screwing with the players and the sheep are just nodding away (pun intended).

FFS are the players of this game metal and Maiden fans or a bunch of pussies that accept to be pushed around since almost 2 years? Think about it. You want a better game - so do I. Just hoping that the devs will deliver one day really got us nowhere.

Nothing pisses me more off than scams and at the moment this bug infested crap feels like one.

It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it ... "

Mariner-1212: "That's fair. I agree that the drop rates should have been disclosed a long time ago. And I have also stopped spending money on the game because of the 'RNG' which is not really that random.

As far as content, I think they've delivered quite a bit, and this year has a lot in the pipeline. So there's a lot to look forward to - but for me to do that, I have to keep reminding myself that it's just a game that is supposed to be a fun way to spend downtime, and to enjoy immersing ourselves in the Maiden universe. Expectations are through the roof because of the potential we all see... but as many already have realized, this game is best enjoyed when you realize HOW to play the game with NF.
    Last edited by hold; 03-14-2018 at 07:16 PM.

OS
    Android
    Change expectations. Ignore the 'special' souls. Assume that drop rates are absolute shit, because they always are. Know that going in, and don't waste your resources. If you end up with a great toon, then you can use it to compete... and if not, then you can't - so enjoy the free time. If NF wanted everyone to play in the arena and have an enjoyable experience, they would have made one Lilith guaranteed to every player right out of the gate, and they would make it easier to get toons that allow you to compete. Or better yet, it wouldn't require a small subset of toons to compete.

Disclosing drop rates doesn't solve anything, really. You know from how many souls you've opened what the drop rates are for you. The only thing that would make a difference to most players is to fix the drop rates, so everyone has a chance to land the toons to compete equally - and that's not the business model. If they're essentially telling you to play less by not giving you new toys to play with, then listen to them and play less."

hold: "I get all that. But if you are nagging for money all the time as they do with their "events" the players could at least expect some QA or a mainly bug free game. I really would love to know what they are smoking in the Nodding Ivory Tower regarding their bug management or their roadmap.

I don't use Navigator myself (still using Grim Reaper for farming) but anyone with a brain would ask by now:

- Who was the genius that put time and effort into nerfing Navigator instead of improving the game in the areas that really need improvement?

Whoever is "improving" the AI should be punished to do bug fixing for the next 12 months as she/he clearly has not as much clue as she/he thinks.

Just a mainly bug free game would be the biggest improvement ..."

Liebhild: "That is the reason, why I would like to see the odds and I would say also the reason why we wont see them."

hold: "I definitely want to see them and that's why everyone should report to Apple that this game is not complying with their rules. It doesn't matter if the game will improve or not but for the first time since the start the players can force some change - or at least will know that they have been screwed all along."

Roadkillsuperman: "Well stated Mariner.
    As a long term player, I have spent money on occasion as a thank you. I have learned not to gamble my cash on “event souls”.
    I did make the mistake of gambling my ironite on Lillith and lost. However, I am not going to go on a tirade as I knew it was a poor gamble.
    It is the constant stream of negativity that keeps me from participating here. If I was really this angry with the game, I would stop playing."

scott-5496: "The game seems to rely heavily on RNG and that is the problem with all aspects - some are 'gamblers' and others are not. I has a massive store of ironite but only did 20 light souls (less than half what I had) as I do like a flutter every now and again but I also like to know what i am getting as well. For me if the devs know or feel that a new character is going to be a big winner or want from most then I think they need to do events where a target can be reached to get said character.

RNG is the core of the game though so not sure hwo they could change that too much unless they look at a clean slate approach to how the game works and pays for itself - it must work for them surely or they would change it? They have to make money for the game to last/work/develp/expand.

I liek other are seeing some postive changes and monthly events are a good approach and I am sure they will develop and improve over time but really is it maybe just a few hundred players who are doing all the events maybe? I would love to know the weekly average play numbers for the game. If folk are not doing a lot of PVP which is really the only thing of interest other than collecting and hoarding resources (which I try to do) then what we have is a wait for new modes and areas to play in and I am very keen to see this happen.

I rarly get luck on RNG pulls - my 'success' comes from grinding most days and building up resources but I know I cannot really compete for top 50 much as not got the time and with my win rates dropping like a rock recently it becomes less of a pull to play PVP though to be honest I am caring less about losses (or trying to) as there are just some teams that kill me most times while others a 'weaker' team with RNG in its side can also kill me.

still like the game a lot and play it a lot (grinding mostly) btu just not got the need to go top 50 every week - it just is not worth the time for me as the prizes are of no real interest to me as i have all the eternity and trooper toons now and just get sacrifice fodder from PVP (plus a few souls etc).

I really am just looking forward to new content and modes to be honest.....and a fairer challenge based way of getting new toons as opposed to RNG hell with souls. No SSE for me (he is a pain to kill with the right team) and no Lilliths yet and still waiting on an Eda, Warlord and a few others (which is fine).

The devs are a small team and I prefer to be positive as I can be with them - I do just wish though that they could stress test their updates a bit more. I am not going to haul them over the coals - they are I am sure trying their best in a small team of folk to keep a global game moving forward and trying to keep us all happy at the same time. None of that is easy I am sure and in the end of it al I stil love Eddie and Maiden and really that is it for me - my favourite band of all time in game - I do not need much else to play this and I guess they know that about a lot of us on here!

Still to get my Aberdeen tickets for the tour but not sold out yet so I think I will spend some money on that as I know what I am going to get there.....plus a t-shirt!"

hold: "Name one thing that was a real positive and game changing improvement within the last 6 months ... dangling carrots in front of the donkey does not count.

(and if you find one compare it to the promises made by the devs)"

Mariner-1212: "Frontier coins, which brought the ability to work towards selecting a high-end character you want. A bunch of new Eddies, even if one of them was Hallowed."

hold: "Fair enough but not really game changing ... they have been introduced after players left getting 6 Beelzebub in a row (was it 6 Jofer? - btw I got half a football team of Bastions by now - I got only Bastions and the Vampire lady). For 24 weeks (almost 1/2 year) I could not even afford a Lilith ... improvement? Really? Dangling carrot for me ...

Eddies are carrots as well and don't count"

OS
    Android
    slauki: "let's extend the period to 12 months please

awesome:
    -arena
    -sacrifice
    - fragment system
    -constant events (immortal event, 2x chances event, pumpkin event, valentines hearts)
    - gold became usefull
    - (BNW) playing the first times was awesome
    - more toons became usefull in arena and it's better balanced now (aside liliths)

worst thing in the last 12 months:
    - CYBORG MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

hold: "Hmmm ... OK ... but we have a standstill in the last 6 months. And I do agree with you that I was a bit cheeky here as I really really enjoyed the first half 2017. But again - to much sugar up the arses of the devs and we end up where we are now. Standstill, horrible cash grabs, worst droprates since a long time, no transparency and worst of it all NO f*cking QA and NO bugfixing (quite the opposite).

worst thing in the last 12 months I would call:
    - No QA
    - No testing of updates
    - No bugfixing
    - Bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs and more bugs ... and some old bugs

I am happy to be the arsehole or the devil's advocate here but there is absolutely no reason to defend what's going at the moment. As long as the players don't make that clear - nothing will change. Why should it?"

Askora: "Last year, PvP was introduced, sacrifice, hidden locations changed to skull quests and now open once a day, a lot of new characters, new talismans, all kinds of events (many which guarantee a character), missions, tabs for different teams, frontier coins and eternal and trooper characters, bnw, etc.

A lot has been added, even if it's not as quick as we'd like you're fooling yourself if you think nothing has changed. Are they still dangling a carrot? Of course their goal is to keep people engaged in the game and investing in the game. Businesses kind of need to make money to survive, simple economics.

As far as drop rates, I think they should share them or at least make a post explaining why they shouldn't have to. It doesn't change them and anyone who's been playing for a while knows they suck.

Bugs have always been there. The game breaking ones are the ones that to me are the most critical. Passives and skills not working right are not game breaking. Crashing constantly, people losing points on wins, etc are the ones that need to take precedent. Hopefully, despite the issues it's introduced, the recent fix to correct some reversed logic helps to improve the skill bugs. No doubt it'll take a little bit to sort out the skills that were coded against the bad logic, but once it's done then moving forward it should be less often that new skills introduce new issues."

slauki: "man, you have many fair points. i also just realized there was NOTHING groundbreaking in the last 8-9 months, nothing. and i think we need also guys who point this things out in a more direct way, as long as everything stays civilized. despite that all i hope for the best and i think things will get better due to the tour ahead....but well only time can tell..."

hold: "Please don't take that personal but you are defending the devs here for their absolutely shit coding or management of bugs or non existing QA. After 1,5 years of development some of the bugs within the game are pathetic.

I understand that coding is done by humans and they make mistakes - but not in EVERY SINGLE UPDATE and the bugs they are introducing are not minor glitches. It's up to every person how long to accept this behaviour and nobody has to play the buggy game. I do understand that. But as a person who would love to see that game improve - personally I have been patient long enough I think.

How about the devs challenge themselves a bit with something similar to this (input welcome): every new major bug that comes with an update and is discovered in a special "found the bug thread" they give X ironite or X souls or X to every single player ... could that improve the poor coding?"

Askora: "I'm not a professional coder, but I do know how to write a little. LOTB has a lot of code. If they just found a mistake in the core logic, that could have been causing a lot of issues. So, I'm all for giving a chance to see if things don't improve from that fix.

Something else to consider is we don't know that the programmers working now are all the same as the original group. I can assure you that anyone new coming in requires a fair amount of time to get familiar with the code and that it can be a nightmare chasing bugs in someone else's poorly documented code."

Patrice-1201: "very true, a lot of good things in a year this game has evolved so much so thanks Dev for this!"

Ironstyle: "I second this. Other games do this, why not NF? I know we had that free 150 ironite, or however much it was, but you had to get the code from Facebook. It should have been automatically given to us when we logged in the game, not hidden away where most people won't find it.

Anyway, thanks, Hold, for being the asshole we need speaking up on these issues. More of us should. As much as the devs have given us since the game launched (and I am grateful) there has been a huge lack in anything super significant. Mainly, new story content. Almost any other game out there that's similar releases new story content in a timely manner. Oh, and I like how you stick to your narrative. The Q&A thing would be really nice."

Yup: "I'm gonna call bullshit here......

Yeah things may have taken a HUGE leaps forward 9-10-11 months ago.. great for you. That means doodle-squat to probably more than half the people playing this "game". That dose of heroin felt great last year... doesn't do much for me today though.

I wasn't around a year ago... so in my time...

- constant events (immortal event, 2x chances event, pumpkin event, valentines hearts)
    - New toons
    - New talismans
    - Frontier coins
    - Satellite 15
    - Relics

So... really nothing really new except characters or ways to get stuff. You simply can't equate what happened 9-10-11 months ago with what's happened the past 6 months. The goal of any money-seeking "game" should be to entice new players to stick around while also keeping long-standing players interested. Players are going to come and go. That's inevitable.

Since I started playing the ONLY new stuff I've seen are characters and talismans, well now relics.. that's it. And each month more and more and more time is being asked to reach achievements. I mean to hit that 400 cosmos battles in the last event I had to play pretty much every second I could over the course of a week. That's a RIDICULOUS amount from time to ask from users. TO hit the current daily ironite reward I need to ensure I play as much as possible daily.. again too much of an ask for most people. And then they change the BEST Eddie for farming so that even MORE time is needed.

Events are either becoming complete time sucking shit holes that are nearly impossible to reach. Or paced decently and people on the forums bitch about the month being "boring". If you want something NEW then you should NOT be focusing on events. Let the events die a bit in favor of dev time on actual new content. I imagine Devs are caught trying to satisfy the "since the beginning" forum members while also trying to create events that new players can enjoy. Frankly the people who have been playing this for a year SHOULD BE A BIT BORED by it. They SHOULD be hitting event achievements rather quickly and be left with nothing (special) to do until the next event. Because the stuff you seem to want means the people who haven't been playing for a year are hosed. I'd wager there are FAR more players with less than 6 months under their belt. It honestly amazes me that I have every Eddie.. I think 99.9% of the native 5 star toons.. most with full powered talismans.. and a whole lot with maxed skill shards.. yet the time it takes me to hit some event achievement is still ridiculously long. Shouldn't things get EASIER to achieve with the better characters?

Do I want new content? Hell yes. But I'm certain the devs MUST know that its needed by now. I merely hope their definition of "content" isn't more characters and talismans. Sadly the while Lillith thing has me wondering. I'd be fine with no new characters or talismans (or even events) for a month if it meant Secret Planet is released the following month.

(And I don't feel the Lilliths are imbalanced at all - neither does my arena defense tab. You WANTED a counter to PI.. you got it.. now you're complaining about it.)."

hold: "True ... but don't punish the players because it's certainly not their fault. If my company f*cks it up I try to keep the customer happy. Well at least in my universe of fair play. As a customer I'm not interested who is responsible for the mess and I agree that cleaning badly documented code from others is more than a pain in the ass ... but as a customer I don't want to be double screwed for mistakes I didn't make. That's unfortunately the case right now."

Yup: "I think a more reasonable compromise would be a MONTHLY or Bi-MONTHY events rather than weekly events. So every 2 weeks there was something new and the time needed to reach an achievement could be more reasonable for most people, while also not sucking up so much dev time.

And change Navigator Eddie back please."

OS
    Android
    i'd prefer events three times a week. they already said, that creating those doesn't suck up much dev time at all...and i have no reason to doubt that...
    the problem with LOTB might be that they outsource new content to cheaper devs in india or ukraine or somewhere else. something like that was stated a while ago from them. so they have not the full control over new content.

but creating events is easy for them as it seems, so it would be just boooooring to play two weeks without events. man even 3 days only farmin poweslave is just a pain...

as every player i'd love to see more content. i just cannot understand why we don't get someting like the FOTD level once a month. it was possible in 10/16 why not now....this would be great mini content on a monthly basis...i feel this is the main problem with the game. it's stalled for a while now.... one freaking level once per month, come on guys this should be doable!

ps: hold you are really a stubborn mofo no offense ofc
    Last edited by slauki; 03-14-2018 at 07:26 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Fully agree as everybody can decide to take part or not.

But transparency (fair play) and less bugs are needed ...

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    ps: hold you are really a stubborn mofo no offense ofc
    non taken ... I haven't even started yet ...
    Last edited by hold; 03-14-2018 at 07:29 PM.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    iOS
    FOTD???? For those who have no clue what that is???

I'm not opposed to the frequency of events. But as someone that's been playing for 6 months with maxed characters.. I HATE that it takes me the ENTIRE allotted time to complete the event. It's never a matter of "do XX damage to Wrath in the area" or "Upgrade a Their Talisman to 5 stars". The event achievements are ALWAYS "throw this amount of time into the 'game'" That's what I'd like see changed. Events with more mission-style achievements rather than suck-up-my-free-time-based achievements.
    Last edited by Yup; 03-14-2018 at 07:35 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Fear of the Bark lmao
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    it was a special level once NF took over the game from roadhouse (october 2016).

fear of the dark was open during helloween in 3 different difficulites playable for 10sot. it was really cool to grind something new for a few days. just a bloody shame we didn't get this again this helloween, since the level was created anyway...but they had "technical difficulties" to implement it for some reasons...as said one of these levels once per month while waiting for new stuff would calm many guys. and it cannot be that hard...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    That was actually a really nice little extra level where FodD Eddie was introduced. A Halloween level for the first Halloween after the game was started. I also don't understand why it was taken completely out of the game.

Fun Fact: Back in the day they introduced a bug that fury of FotD killed himself if he was healing himself too much. This is one of the issues that could have been found out just autofarming the level for about 2 runs ... you see why I am ranting about no QA in the game since forever?
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    iOS
    Well, now that would be cool. A random short time level that's disappears after a period of time. Honestly... pushing something like that... well heck.. that could be a complete game changer if it happened once every month or two.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..