Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ428 View Post
    I guess it is possible from my own experience I get nomads like they are going out of style. Plus getting my 2nd prisioner two days after getting my first one after almost a year. I just think the rng is wonky vs actual code causing issues
    i have read that sooooo many times man...one example from my experience...it took me 1,5 years to get acotd. i finally got him during valentines event and guess what i got 2 in 5 minutes. no bullshit. this story is so common that it's most likely no coincidence.
    once you are allowed to drop a char, he will drop more often...it's something like that...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    i have read that sooooo many times man...one example from my experience...it took me 1,5 years to get acotd. i finally got him during valentines event and guess what i got 2 in 5 minutes. no bullshit. this story is so common that it's most likely no coincidence.
    once you are allowed to drop a char, he will drop more often...it's something like that...
    Meh.. not sure.. I've only ever seen 1 VHE. And I've seen, I think, eery other character at least twice (except W, A, and S Lillith at the moment).
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    No offense, but aren't you just making excuses?

If the odds are different for every player, there must be a tier system... so reveal the odds per tier.

Tier 1: 3% chance of 5 star drop
    Tier 2: 1% chance of 5 star drop
    Tier 3: 0.5% chance of 5 star drop
    Tier 4: 0.25% chance of 5 star drop
    Tier 5: 0.05% chance of 5 star drop.

Then merely disclose to the user what tier that user is on, or how tiers are factored: Tier 1: XXXXXX experience Tier 2: xxxxxx experience. Etc. Then show the user XP.

In short regardless of how drop rates are factors they COULD be disclosed. It's math. Math can be displayed.
    hard to interpret an excuse there...

anyway, take my example player 1 can drop all chars at a normal rate only chars XYZ are way less likely (random 5* picks VHE for you and ACOTD for me). player 2 can drop all chars only ABC are way less likely (other random 5* picks). are you going to expose that? if so how are you going to do that?
    every player would need to have an individual window, which is impossible to implement...
    Last edited by slauki; 03-14-2018 at 11:34 PM.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    So you are suggesting that the drop rate code is so specific and so encompassing that each and every player gets their own special form of drop rate? So when a new player picks up the game, the devs must add that player and create him/her their own drop rate as well? Are you seriously presenting that as a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    hard to interpret an excuse there...

anyway, take my example player 1 can drop all chars at a normal rate only chars XYZ are way less likely (random 5* picks VHE for you and ACOTD for me). player 2 can drop all chars only ABC are way less likely (other random 5* picks). are you going to expose that? if so how are you going to do that?
    every player would need to have an individual window, which is impossible to implement...

The ENITRE POINT of Apple's guidelines are YES. You MUST expose that. Players must know the rates. If in the quest to get people to spend you created a drop system that is is inherently convoluted and weighted, you STILL must expose that. It's not the players fault you are trying to tip the scales nefariously in your direction. The purpose of exposing the guidelines is to STOP such behavior on the part of developers.

And it's not 'impossible" to show me my drop rates on, say the, gear/settings screen.
    Last edited by Yup; 03-14-2018 at 11:50 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    So you are suggesting that the drop rate code is so specific and so encompassing that each and every player gets their own special form of drop rate? So when a new player picks up the game, the devs must add that player and create him/her their own drop rate as well? Are you seriously presenting that as a possibility?
    That's oversimplifying it, but in a sense, that's what I say is happening. Not a round table of devs selecting manually who drops what, but more of an automated pull towards specific toons that can be swayed further based on several different factors. Not going to get into it all, but I can say two things - first, the odds are not equal for each player on every character. And that's actually a fine model, so long as it doesn't break... which I think sometimes it can. Second, the game is structured to appeal to the collector, and what does a collector often do when they finish their collection?
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    iOS
    But that still would not preclude the disclosure of my odds of getting a Lillith drop during the event. If you're correct and they may not be the same as your odds, even if that's the case.. where are the odds?

It's terribly interesting to me how users are making excuses for the lack of disclosure. When the entire point is transparency for the user! To ensure the user isn't being taken advantage of. It's like voting against your own self-interests.

"Yes officer, he punched me square in the face and broke my nose.. but he only did it because he loves me...."

I, for one, am a bit tired of guessing why nothing's been disclosed.
    Last edited by Yup; 03-15-2018 at 01:59 AM.
    CLANLESS

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post
    I see the "derailing excuse" in the concerning thread as an attempt to silence players that speak up or at least to try to "break the resistence" ... but I won't be silent andy longer and took the effort to create a new thread that the discussion can continue here.

Why I see it that way? The concerning thread wasn't created by the devs and was of course another major f*ckup for no reason.

That's what we've got so far (without the quotes so it may be a bit confusing but the attempt to silence the criticism that way will not work this time):

hold: "Devs: "Booohoooo we would love to push new content out faster but our resources are limited ... *cry*"

... resources are put into things that aren't broken to break it.

With every update this scam and the guys calling the shots are less credible. NIce idea with nice graphics - unfortunately a cash grab exploiting the loyal fans of Iron Maiden.

QA is non existent in Legacy of the Bugs ... no resources ... they are all put into think tanks how to mil the players."

Mariner-1212: "Hold, I'm curious... do you enjoy the game in any way? Is there a reason you play it? I like to learn things about users, especially the ones that make it their mission to shit on everything. If you think you're the first person here to point out that there are shortcomings in the game, I'm sorry but those shoes were filled by many others over the past 2.5 years. It seems like you're on the forums an awful lot... but most of it (maybe all of it) is spent churning out negative energy.

I'm trying to figure out the point. Is your plan to cause an uprising against NF and get all users to abandon the game so it can close its doors? Or maybe you think they'll see your posts and say "Hold is right, we should do whatever he says"...? Help me understand your vision, and why you stick around. I'm not saying you don't have a reason to be upset - I think we've all been upset with the game from time to time. But it seems more like a full time job for you. What's got you so angry?"

hold: "I put a lot of time in this game (from the very start). I would love that the devs finally deliver what they are promising since like forever. My point is:

- It didn't help at all for people pointing out things. The devs simply ignored it or waited until a thread was buried and carried on like before. That approach obviously is not working
    - So let's try a different approach and call the poor work of the devs out as much as possible. Only if they start to suffer enough they will change something.

The are also not playing fair anymore. So I am pointing out that people should complain to Apple that LotB is not complying to their rules and tell us the droprates. Again - once they have been called out not playing fair and people see it is a scam - change can come.

I don't care if everyone thinks I'm an asshole because I will not give in for letting those fraudsters win. I'm way too stubborn for this. But it really is enough how the devs screwing with the players and the sheep are just nodding away (pun intended).

FFS are the players of this game metal and Maiden fans or a bunch of pussies that accept to be pushed around since almost 2 years? Think about it. You want a better game - so do I. Just hoping that the devs will deliver one day really got us nowhere.

Nothing pisses me more off than scams and at the moment this bug infested crap feels like one.

It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it ... "

Mariner-1212: "That's fair. I agree that the drop rates should have been disclosed a long time ago. And I have also stopped spending money on the game because of the 'RNG' which is not really that random.

As far as content, I think they've delivered quite a bit, and this year has a lot in the pipeline. So there's a lot to look forward to - but for me to do that, I have to keep reminding myself that it's just a game that is supposed to be a fun way to spend downtime, and to enjoy immersing ourselves in the Maiden universe. Expectations are through the roof because of the potential we all see... but as many already have realized, this game is best enjoyed when you realize HOW to play the game with NF.
    My man! Someone’s gotta carry the torch after myself, Silentknight, Gmac, Canyptian, Nicko, Enti, Davemurray, Blackbolt, etc, etc, etc, quit. Only the zombies left, sometimes I wonder if it’s just NF paid vaginas propping this game up, these fanboys seem suspect, or just super unintelligent. any intelligent mind would follow the founding fathers suit. Godspeed to you for fighting the good fight! Iron Maiden’s name has been shit on by NF, until that’s fixed the game will be played by sheep, fix it and the wolves shall return.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ428 View Post
    I guess it is possible from my own experience I get nomads like they are going out of style. Plus getting my 2nd prisioner two days after getting my first one after almost a year. I just think the rng is wonky vs actual code causing issues
    This ... I waited over a year for my Prisoner (got him of course after the needed nerf but unusable because bugged as f*ck) ... within a month (I think) I got a second one.

Didn't get the Gunner Rescuer lady forever ... suddenly I got her multiple times.

Still waiting for a Nomad (that other people get like mad) or an AoF ... can't complain about Angels as I had the blue and the green multiple times.

Taking the numbers from other players into account - I could all be a very strange coincidence ... but it certainly smells ...
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    ... until that’s fixed the game will be played by sheep, fix it and the wolves shall return.
    Could be intentional ... chase the wolves away to control the sheep ... but that is of course speculation as I can't proof that.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    But that still would not preclude the disclosure of my odds of getting a Lillith drop during the event. If you're correct and they may not be the same as your odds, even if that's the case.. where are the odds?

It's terribly interesting to me how users are making excuses for the lack of disclosure. When the entire point is transparency for the user! To ensure the user isn't being taken advantage of. It's like voting against your own self-interests.

"Yes officer, he punched me square in the face and broke my nose.. but he only did it because he loves me...."

I, for one, am a bit tired of guessing why nothing's been disclosed.
    man not sure why it's so difficult...it's no excuse at all, it's just a possible explanation. we all want to see the odds and we are all angry that they didn't reveal them yet, despite the apple rules.
    so there has to be a reason behind it. it's just an analysis with possible reasons, no excuse at all.