Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PVP Meta builds

OS
    iOS

PVP Meta builds

Hey All,

I have been gone a while but recently started playing again. I really enjoy the PVP aspect of the game but I was wondering if anyone posts builds to defend against certain metas that they run into frequently. Lately it seems most of my battles are against the "base" three, Gunner Corrupt Rescuer/Clairvoyant/Grim Reaper Eddie with at least one of them using an Enduring talisman set. This build was my downdfall for many a fight with it's constant revive loop. I recently made a build specifically against it and my success has really improved. I am not sure if those type things are shared since maybe some of you use that build.

Thanks

Stormseye
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    I'm still trying to figure it out as well after leaving before pvp was officially released. It seems like a blocker with immunity / immortality / yellow buffs plus a reviver is all the rage. The red undead rescuer seems really popular since it can heal and steal buffs. I'm working on one right now, I'm just not quite sure what talismans I want to go with.

I've also been surprised by a few Speed of Light eddies here lately, since he steals buffs. I don't know if he'll catch on or not though. I suppose I should experiment with mine since he's level 100...

Right now VHE plus The Prisoner plus Clairvoyant plus x my bane, and I'm really not sure how to counter that. If I can kill the prisoner first turn I might win, if not I'm hosed.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    iOS
    Funny you mention that because Speed pf Light Eddie is part of my build. There are a few other factors but talismans are definitely part of it.

OS
    Android
    against the gunner rescuer and vs endure talis the angel of pain (blue bat) is golden. it will shorten the duration of endure and it will prevent the GCR from casting his shield. this is one of the best toons in game. aside this permadeath can help or just waiting it out with a reviver.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Since Speed if Light Eddie got a huge buff he's been my main attacker. When you pair him with the right kinds of debuffers, you can easily turn the battle in your favor with him.

Warrior Undead rescuer is well worth leveling up, but recently I've been seeing all the different blockers here and there except for the dog.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    One of the great abilities of SoL Eddie is the Restore ability. This perpetuates any buffs you have as well your ally buffs. Endure talismans and some creative allies and the Revive cycle is broken and though it is a bit slower than my Attack based build, I can usually win in 3-4 rounds. I am still building all their talismans up to 5* but the build does well against most builds, even passive disable builds.

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    The team I used to always use for this is Pharaoh Eddie/Golden Pharaoh Dog/Alliance General/Warrior Pyro Soldier. The Pyro inflicts Flame which usually removes the endure and the Gunner chick's shield. You can put Void talismans on him so as long as you nail the perfect hits you will inflict flame plus put up a void shield and this team will basically destroy themselves. Ocassionally the Grim Reaper will go off and take the Pyro out but with the General stealing power you can easily revive him. Just take the Clairvoyant out first since she uses her revive more often (sometimes when she doesn't even have power or fury)
    Chaosego888-9998

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    One of the great abilities of SoL Eddie is the Restore ability. This perpetuates any buffs you have as well your ally buffs.
    But that assumes the buffs aren't stolen or removed. Too often I see teams which are seemingly relying on buffs rather than core abilities to their own folly.

7Son steals/removes buffs in a couple ways.
    Astra can stun if you have blue buffs (and remove the buff)
    Angel of Strife shortens buff life
    Alliance General steals buffs
    WUR steals buffs

There are so many ways one can lose a blue buff, using an Eddie merely because he can extend buffs is almost pointless to me.
    Last edited by Yup; 02-13-2018 at 04:45 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I don't use Restore very often. With the Corrupt General, it's pretty simple to lower MR, Smite, and Stun and then I just use leech and that usually fully heals everyone.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    I know some of you guard your builds like hoarded treasure but the reality is that I am not playing against you. I am playing against an AI that plays your characters a certain way. Sometimes not in the way you would play them. So a few questions.

Do you make defense builds based on how you have seen the AI play those particular allies?

Do you make defense builds that cover as mush defense as possible?

Do you make Attack builds for synergies or to defeat current defenses?

Do you have certain allies you wish you could set as defense because you know how well they can perform but the AI plays them terribly?

I have so many allies that I see in the meta but don't play them because I know the AI will play them poorly. I am trying to find a build or a least even a open slot for these characters but when I face them in PVP I can win easily because of AI, that puts me off in playing them. As much as I try and break away from the form that most play, I always wind up going back to what works for me. When I see builds with no healer/ no reviver/ no buff removal and they are ranked higher than me, I am usually shocked because I can't see how they are winning.

I have no hard hitters in my build. My basic formulae is steal/strip/stun. Visions/GPD/CG/Claira, that's it. You cant hit for 32k if you are not taking an action. You can't take action if you have no power/fury. The opponent AI usually does the rest in terms of "silly" moves.

I know "benchwarmers" are being discussed in another topic but man there are so many allies with great combos but I just cant build them into a defense that the AI will properly play. Really wish the meta was more varied. I know this can be seen at the Duelist ranks but as it has been stated many times over, once you hit Warlord you are facing the same builds over and over, sadly myself included. This week has been a slight exception as I have seen quite a few different defenses and seeing new enemies to face.

stormseye-8121