Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Weak Defense

OS
    Android
    I haven't really done anything in the last few days. Personally, it's not because of the relics, but there's just nothing to do and the things you CAN do are just too tedious to WANT to do.

I've been playing other games waiting for new updates like Marvel Strike Force and DC Unchained. They JUST came out and it feels like there's more to do there.
    Last edited by Amarthir; 04-02-2018 at 09:19 PM.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    People are really sleeping on Samurai he is so good and a lot of fun and a great counter to visions, granted I do have a lot of relics myself but I can sometimes one or two shot these nightmare vision defenses with him. I am toying around with another idea once SMP gets buffed/debugged and I will swap her out and rearrange some talismans to see if I can get lilith to do even more damage
    JJJ-5111

Did I mention I have two beasts from the 15 free souls.

Calling my shot now, I will have Alexander by the end of August. (after the immortal event I don't know if I will even still be playing this in August) Update: I couldn't make it, I have given up on this game.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    sorry man, my def is a broken piece of crap i know but if we all use broken stuff they will fix it faster i hope...
    No apologies needed. I’d be right there with you if I hadn’t given up on pvp a long ago. I don’t get the thinking behind this move though. They had to see this coming.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    Name:  841F2F71-8E68-4DF0-B687-669B6CD01F35.jpeg
Views: 280
Size:  44.8 KB

Ha. After a certain point total it really is all Visions. I’ve entered the Visions zone. Time to stop.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    I’ve had a weak defence for about 6 weeks or longer. I’m not bothered about ranking high in arena and the lower I rank the more likely I am to gain Iron Coins. Which is all I want.

Thought I’d stop giving people easy IC and give defence ago again.

Climbed up to top 200 and figures it’s not worth it. Rather lose all my matches on defence so I sink back down again.

Up top there’s too many teams with Relics to face, too many Visions Eddie’s, too time consuming, and too many bugs. Lost 5 times to a admittedly a very good defence. But when I start to rank higher the defence teams Talismans proc nearly all the time, I lose nearly all the tosses and it feels like I’m fighting with one hand tied behind my back. Probably not the case and I’m just salty but that’s how it feels and in the lower ranks I never feel like that.

I’ll let people get easy IC again and hope I sink back down low enough. The higher I get the more I hate arena and if I put a defence in or not I still rank in Deulist so what’s the point?
    Last edited by 90mphyorker; 04-03-2018 at 04:58 AM.

OS
    Android
    You can get more ic depending on rank though I know if you are in top 25 you get 15 ic a win instead of 10 so have to weigh whether it’s worth it or not to climb up the ranks.

OS
    iOS
    Once you get into the top 100 things get much tougher and win rates do drop a lot. There are some super tough teams to face above you once you are top 100 that is for sure. I will keep plugging away and start to settle for the 80-90% win rate (hopefully). The relics are making a huge difference - some 80% health relics coupled with level four or five on attack and magic can be very tough.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    I'm going to keep my defense weak for a while. I'm hoping that getting beat down to the lower tiers over night will allow me to have faster battles and subsequently more wins during the week netting me more IC I can spend on Relic bumps later. The past few weeks I've realized my current team has the ability to hang in the top 100, usually around 75-60ish, but the fights take so much longer and I feel compelled to try to maintain the ranking when I get there. If I stay low I can win faster and, in my opinion, gain more IC during the week than trying to maintain a higher level grind. The top 100 is exciting to get in, but for me it is more frustrating than fun trying to win those battles. My team is ok, but not great enough to really hang there for long.

Out of curiosity, has anyone in the top 25ish noticed that the number of battles to stay in the top ranks is fewer overall due to per-battle length, or is the top 25 still about the same number of fast battles to stay on top?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim28213 View Post
    I'm going to keep my defense weak for a while. I'm hoping that getting beat down to the lower tiers over night will allow me to have faster battles and subsequently more wins during the week netting me more IC I can spend on Relic bumps later. The past few weeks I've realized my current team has the ability to hang in the top 100, usually around 75-60ish, but the fights take so much longer and I feel compelled to try to maintain the ranking when I get there. If I stay low I can win faster and, in my opinion, gain more IC during the week than trying to maintain a higher level grind. The top 100 is exciting to get in, but for me it is more frustrating than fun trying to win those battles. My team is ok, but not great enough to really hang there for long.

Out of curiosity, has anyone in the top 25ish noticed that the number of battles to stay in the top ranks is fewer overall due to per-battle length, or is the top 25 still about the same number of fast battles to stay on top?
    Right now there's nothing to chase in PVP but IC so everyone is quiet. My strategy last week was to win as many fights as I could and thus get as many IC as possible. Lucky me my defense was holding pretty good and I stayed on top. As someone mentioned before, the higher you go the better in regards of IC amount you're getting. Roughly, last week alone I got more than 11k IC, you do the math...
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    Android
    I feel before relics even hit, the arena has gotten a lot less attention from players. I remember needing to do a lot of refills just to hit top 50 or top 25 now I feel I can hit top 10 and sometimes top 5 only using my free sow. I think kaz or sparton mentioned the prizes in the arena might be changing soon to make people excited about it again. Though with the current divide between players with relics vs those without I think that might be a bad idea.

Except maybe a change to the top 25 prize there are times where if I am ranked 22 or so on Saturday, I start forfeiting matches to get top 50 instead.