Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    yep this question is crucial, and it should be doable to answer that from the side of the devs. not sure if they don't know yet or if they don't want to answer it. one sentence would be enough....
    We've answered that in the past, and it still basically boils down to "we aren't sure yet". We're still working on refining the feature and seeing if duplicate characters being not allowed makes sense for it.

If you want to be safe, you shouldn't delete characters you may want to use in future game modes, but it's not a sure thing one way or another.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    We've answered that in the past, and it still basically boils down to "we aren't sure yet". We're still working on refining the feature and seeing if duplicate characters being not allowed makes sense for it.

If you want to be safe, you shouldn't delete characters you may want to use in future game modes, but it's not a sure thing one way or another.
    thanks man, must have forgotten this, getting old while waiting for new content as it seems pointless to ask about an ETA i guess,if these basic concepts are still unclear?
    Last edited by slauki; 03-29-2018 at 08:03 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    I started storing toons... had most eddies duplicated.... was working on others.. then it dawned on me...

There's no telling when this mode may be released or how it will work. I may regret sacrificing all my dupes if it's released next month.... but it also may be several months before the new mode is available. Should I find I want to duplicate character to work through this new mode, that will merely spark a new desire to collect more. So why horde now? Better off to fill the vortex, collect skill shards and fully power every single Eddie or toon I can. I've got about 5 -8 Eddies that need more skill shards and maybe 6 regular characters. Maybe then I'll start collecting duplicates.
    Last edited by Yup; 03-29-2018 at 08:24 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    pointless to ask about an ETA i guess,if these basic concepts are still unclear?
    No ETA quite yet, yeah. We're still working out details like that before we feel it's at a good enough place to do a beta.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post

Dang it! I'll continue to save my dupes. Thanks for jumping in. When is the next sacrifice event?

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I started storing toons... had most eddies duplicated.... was working on others.. then it dawned on me...

There's no telling when this mode may be released or how it will work. I may regret sacrificing all my dupes if it's released next month.... but it also may be several months before the new mode is available. Should I find I want to duplicate character to work through this new mode, that will merely spark a new desire to collect more. So why horde now? Better off to fill the vortex, collect skill shards and fully power every single Eddie or toon I can. I've got about 5 -8 Eddies that need more skill shards and maybe 6 regular characters. Maybe then I'll start collecting duplicates.
    Yes, no telling when. I think that is a good plan depending what you are chasing right now.
    For me, there are only 3 toons I'm chasing outside of the 3 Liliths I'm missing. Can purchase another, but don't really feel need at the moment. I'm loaded with skill shards, so I'm good there.
    I'm just holding on to the great, game changing dupes for now.

OS
    Android
    Honestly hope you can't bring in dupes, don't know how it'll work but otherwise it'll end up in inventory full of dupes & most char still.... Benched as it already is :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sag7272 View Post
    Honestly hope you can't bring in dupes, don't know how it'll work but otherwise it'll end up in inventory full of dupes & most char still.... Benched as it already is :/
    I agree as well, I think it would be a bit boring to be able to use dupes. Make me use my full roster of toons, encourage me to continue to raise different toons to 100. Used all your native 4 & 5 star toons? Welp, you have to make it to the end using demon spawn and possessed rifle.

On the other hand, I say that as an end-game player with a beefy roster. How do you make it fair for the early game player who could only make their way through the gauntlet using dupe 3* toons?

The answer that comes to mind right away is two-part. One, have several difficulty levels to appeal to early, mid, and end-game players. Two, structure the rewards in a way to reward the use of non-dupes the whole way through. That way you can make it through with dupes, but rewards could be greater if you use non-dupes the whole way through.

OS
    iOS
    The Walking Dead No Man's Land which I play have a feature called The Distance. With that you have 21 levels that got progressively harder. Apparently the last levels are insanely difficult. There are also 2 difficulty levels - Normal and Hard. I can't imagine how difficult the last levels of hard mode are!! Anyway, all your roster is available to use at the beginning. If you take a few hits then you don't reheal at the end of that level. So, start at L1 with 100 health but take 40 damage and you start L2 with 60 health. However, once 1 character dies then it can't be used any longer. The secret is to use your slightly weaker characters in the early levels and then bring in your big guns later on.

I have suspected for a while that Gauntlet might work on a similar scale with regards to the progression. I don't think Gauntlet could work the same way as The Distance though in regard to chars not healing at the end of a level
    Game ID: Andy-4743

OS
    Android
    Since we're talking about similar modes in other games, Marvel Future Fight has "Shadowland" where you pick a couple characters to finish a certain floor. You're only able to choose specific types of characters for a specific floor which basically gives you incentive to rank up someone you normally wouldn't use. Since you're not allowed to use someone on more than one floor, you have to have a pretty developed roster. The highest floor I've completed so far is, I think, 9 out of like 25 or 30 floors.

I'm looking forward to the Gauntlet because I like the challenge of having to use someone you aren't used to using. If I had to choose between stockpiling dupes and only being allowed to choose one character, I'm a little torn because only choosing one character would bring more challenge to the table, but for a new player, it would be a pretty steep stopping point for them.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings