Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

An idea to switch up PVP.....

Make the Defensive team random.....

What I mean is the AI picks the strongest Eddie the player has... then three strong allies.. whenever you get attacked.
    Next attack, another 4 Defensive players are picked by the AI, never picking the same toons twice. This, combined with the mythical "Gauntlet", would encourage players to utilize more characters and power them up.

Everything resets every hour or 4 hours.

So the players themselves do not pick their defensive team. All they can do is power up as much as possible.

Make the DEF stat effect rankings less due to this and focus on the win stat.

This would eliminate the top 50 teams ALL being Visions Eddie and Pharaoh dog.

Yeah, yeah.. I now there will be nay-sayers.. but basically relics have improved PvP for 10% of players and made it complete boring drudgery for the other 90%.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    This would assume that you have different teams....

Some people, like myself have a very limited number of players.
    I have 1 PVP attack team, slightly altered (prisoner replaces magus UR) for defense and one team for the red and green dragon.
    PVE is my pvp eddie and random lowlevels. I don't have that many Eddies (namely: 7th son, monarch, coalgiver, pharaoh and mystic) on one account. I don't even have an actual eddie for the garden of dismay. Sure i have a lot of toons, but mostly i keep PVP-Exclusives, rares and fragment-characters. (why should i even bother keeping the green bomber boy, nomad, alliance general, witch doctor or PDK? Once i get one of these, they keep saved for the next sacrifice event.

And for visions eddie... he's not that hard to kill. My 7th son and my red lillith can insta-kill him without problems.
    i had nearly all characters (all devices combined, some sacrificed), only missing:
    2019 Eddie Guy Farks Eddie, Wicker Toon Awaken The Pilgrim, Wicker toon Awaken, Valhalla Maiden Fallen Icarus Eddie, Lone Star Eddie Magma Beast Ed
    main: satani-7954 - Life after Death Ed
    second: satani11ce-5461 - Where the Eagles Dare Ed
    mobile: satani666-5224 -Thor Ed

OS
    iOS
    Where are you ranked? Because I promise you the top 100 slots are filled with at least 90 Vision Eddie teams. And while Visions himself isn't hard to kill.. but stack all the HP relics and it's just time-consuming. The Relics have REALLY altered the top of PVP making it just horse shit completely. Throw in the complete lack of creativity on the defensive teams and I can spend all day killing Visions after Visions after Visions after Visions.. it's worse than grinding story levels.

And if you don't have a lot of powered characters.. well, you'd have to fight a lot more to boost the win stat. Since teh DEF stat would hold less value.
    Last edited by Yup; 03-31-2018 at 05:51 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Something needs to be done about Arena, not only randomize Defense teams, but rewards/tiers. Did over 500 wins for event & 9,000+ lifetime but I don’t try to compete for rank for reasons you list. Top teams all similar and insanely strong. Battles take too long. As of right now top ranks for a limited few. New players have no chance at ranking due to Relics imbalance. So until it’s fixed, I’m just playing events for talismans & skill shards & iron coins. Arena just a grind fest for small group of people. Glad this thread was started & hope it brings a revamp...

OS
    iOS
    The arena is fun until you get to around 100.. then it's always the SAME players... always the SAME team (because they all copy each other)... then they all have massive relics because.. well .. they are all always at the top because they have so much time to play. All relics have done is to ensure they will always stay at the top, that's all.

I have a bunch of relics.. but I won't EVER catch up... not until everyone has purchased every possible relic possible and eventually I'm able to do the same. Devs massively screwed up PvP by introducing a feature no one needed or asked for.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    I would think I am one of those top players and enjoy having a ton of relics. Right now all the lower teams have become incredibly easy and only have about 5 or 6 players now that are a challenge.

When they released the relics I was hoping that meant gauntlet was coming soon but by some of the comments it seems beta is a long way off let alone everyone having access to it which means we are going to have this relic divide for the foreseeable future and I can see it alienating anyone who has not grinded to top.

OS
    iOS
    JJJ its not about grinding.. it's about returns.. above 100 you get 13 IC for each win, and I get 12 for being above 250.. I'll never catch you...if I were to drop below 250 and only get 10IC.. well there's no way I would ever catch up. And not jsut due to that.. I may lose a battle every now and then due to the (clear but unspoken) Defensive boost. All these teams with massive relics ALSO get that defense boost!! It's an untenable situation for most people playing the "game".

Those with all the relics as you put it.. now have EASY wins.. so they are ensured of the high iron coin return every fight.... All the devs have done is to give 5% of players more... and screw the other 95% playing.
    Last edited by Yup; 03-31-2018 at 06:12 PM.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    Sorry it didn't mean grinded now. I meant all those who have grinded before and were sitting on huge war chests of iron coins. I agree with you, it has become impossible for anyone who has not made it to the top before to be able to grind up and compete the power divide will become too huge until they find other ways for people to get iron coins. They should not have released relics if gauntlet was this far off.
    JJJ-5111

Did I mention I have two beasts from the 15 free souls.

Calling my shot now, I will have Alexander by the end of August. (after the immortal event I don't know if I will even still be playing this in August) Update: I couldn't make it, I have given up on this game.

OS
    iOS
    Even if they found "other ways for people to get iron coins" Those with all the relics will earn those too. There's no leveling out of players.

What they need to to is refactor the defensive teams in the arena... remove the "hidden" boost that's clearly given.. reduce relics by 50% or something....

I mean I throw all my ic into HP boosts.. great.. but the top players have all the HP boost, so they start throwing (more) ic into ATK and MAG or DEF or MR or Fury.. so my HP boost means nothing add to that the DEF boost given for every match and.... it's stupidly outweighed due to the mechanics., not the players.

Before relics I was competing in the top 50.. not really trying to get to 25 or better just due to the time commitment. Now.. there's no way I can compete with +160% HP boosts at the top. Even if my team has no issue going second and they all survive with relatively decent HP left. I can't overcome the HUGE disparity in HP.
    Last edited by Yup; 03-31-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    'least until those "reduces Max health by #%" type moves come out.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings