Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    I think it is funny when people complain about the odds and spending money on the game. What do you think lotteries and slot machines are made to accomplish? This is a for profit game that actually is a very useful teaching tool. One event is great when the odds are in your favor, then the next event it is terrible when the odds are against you.

Every event we hear the same complaints, while a lucky few pull the grand reward. What is it called when you do the same thing over and over and expect different results.

I have been losing interest in the game the last few months, not due to the odds or content of the game. I am just finding other things that I enjoy to occupy my spare time.
    Good point .... "games" like this should actually be called slot machines because that is what they are deep down.

I still like Gauntlet because I have a deep roster - but this rather nice mode really is almost ruined due to the awful talisman and character management. You spend more time swiping left than actual playing. Events like this are luckily over very quick for me - dump the stuff in you saved and be done with it. Not gambling with real money here - 109 Euro for a quick kick of swiping something into big mouth is ridiculous - well at least for me.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    I still enjoy the game. The new game content recently introduced has been a good diversion with decent rewards. For long term players any content introduced will not end up being a real challenge, just time to figure the mechanics out.

Events like the current one is a very good learning tool for new players or players with limited rosters. The long term players this is just a different grind.

I haven't seen any complaints about the last several sacrifice events, memory can really be short term. I also haven't seen many comments on the reduced bug encounters in the arena/gauntlet except game freezes. The bugs have been reduced or better understanding of the mechanics explain some of the so called bugs.

I keep seeing complaints about talis combos not possible in the gauntlets opponents. It is not a bug, they are just making the game a little more unpredictable and challenging.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    I still enjoy the game. The new game content recently introduced has been a good diversion with decent rewards. For long term players any content introduced will not end up being a real challenge, just time to figure the mechanics out.

Events like the current one is a very good learning tool for new players or players with limited rosters. The long term players this is just a different grind.

I haven't seen any complaints about the last several sacrifice events, memory can really be short term. I also haven't seen many comments on the reduced bug encounters in the arena/gauntlet except game freezes. The bugs have been reduced or better understanding of the mechanics explain some of the so called bugs.

I keep seeing complaints about talis combos not possible in the gauntlets opponents. It is not a bug, they are just making the game a little more unpredictable and challenging.
    I don’t mind the challenge but unpredictability can be unfair at times. It means you will have to take a team that can deal with any situation. I was up against a team where none of them could equip primodials, yet they had primodials.

That can hurt because my team was not setup to deal with yellow buffs, nor cleanse silver effects. I lost the game and had to change my team setup. In the process I lost 4 characters from my roster. I don’t think that is a challenge, it’s simply unfair.

I can say how the coin toss can be unfair but at least we know that’s a thing and we prepare for it. But we can’t prepare for unpredictable talisman setup. At least not without ending up using characters that are not needed for a fight which in turn hurts when up against a stronger team down the road.

But I don’t complain about it. My only complain is me getting tired of swiping left lol. Hope the devs come up with a better interface for talisman setup. A simple “unequip all” helps a lot too.
    Last edited by Waffen; 01-08-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Waffen-7837

I play all my troopers everyday!!

OS
    Android
    Don't know if something like this has already been posted here (Just got back for today, so haven't checked much), but I made a little table of all the characters to use in this event. If I've missed something, please let me know and I'll fix it. Cheers \m/
    Name:  Heroic event character table.JPG
Views: 569
Size:  118.4 KB
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    Android
    heal reduction green reindeer does it on basic, 100% chance.Purple reindeer basic at 50% chance

OS
    iOS
    400+ rare souls opened (not a single Night City character btw) and no 5* from the heroic legendaries. Did not touch the two heroic mythic souls I earned yet, since I think I may get one or two more legendaries during the event, or the "standard" heroic souls I have saved. At least I got tons of sacrifice fodder for the next sac event. Nearly got a whole vortex filled with only the 3* dupes I got from all the souls.
    natasar-7294 – playing all troopers daily

OS
    Android
    Thanks once again deathbat, really useful (as always)! And thanks as well Natasmai!
    Make you an offer you can't refuse,
    You've only got your soul to lose
    Eternally,hehehehe
    Just let yourself go!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbat6120 View Post
    Don't know if something like this has already been posted here (Just got back for today, so haven't checked much), but I made a little table of all the characters to use in this event. If I've missed something, please let me know and I'll fix it. Cheers \m/
    Thanks man!

Interesting event! First one important question for the devs: Will the legendary heroics also give the 50 myth heroic fragments after the duration of the event is over? I think so, but maybe you could clarify this? Thanks!

From my point of view the event has its pros and cons. Heroic souls are becoming more and more important because of the increasing number of event characters that are not included in the normal soul pool. So it was clear from the last Gauntlet special, that something would happen to the mechanics so that more myth heroic fragments would become available. I thought that also the next Gauntlet might give them or some other permanent addition would come but no - it is this event.
    What I really cannot understand is, that only normal rare souls give fragments during this event! Why?? In my opinion all types of souls should give fragments, depending on their rareness including legendary souls that should give like 5 times the frags of a normal rare soul. G/A rares sould give somewhat 2 times the frags of normal souls given the higher value e.g. seen in the Trooper Badge prices in the shop, W/S/M rare souls something in between.

If you really want to benefit from this event you want to create some myth heroic souls. For 1 of these you need 250 souls! That's a lot! Some of us might have 250 saved or even 500 but I guess no player has 750 or more rare souls in the inventory. You want to farm them? Nice, try your luck in LoL or via sacrifice....but it was often the case that exactly within the period of an event of this type, no rare souls seem to drop anywhere or at least far less than normal. Coincidence?

And here some final math for those that think about buying souls in the shop (and yes, Amarthir I also remember the times when during such an event the rare mega pack gave 20 souls instead of 10...):
    10 rare souls cost 675 Ironite. 250 souls = 25 packs * 675 = 16.875 Ironite (wow!)
    The Pharaoh's Treasure ("Best value") gives 4.000 Ironite for 100 bucks. So you need to buy 4 of these if you have 875 Ironite saved up.... this means 400 bucks for a CHANCE for your desired character. I doubt that it is a 50:50 chance there.

I was somewhat lucky to get the Count with the myth heroic soul I claimed after opening several rare souls plus the frags I had from my first bigger attempt at the gauntlet (#37 woohoo). But the 6 legenary heroics (and I also tried some 30-40 normal heroics) on the way there gave nothing good, mostly red dogs... So to be honest I thought I would get AH Ed from the myth soul, but I was lucky this time!

So to conclude: Yes, it is an interesting event and giving the players some options to acquire special heroics is a great thing for sure. But in my opinion the conditions are rather unfair. What if you have all characters that you can get from normal rare souls but you are obliged to open them just for the fragments? Why are legenarys or G/A souls nothing worth in terms of fragments, even though they cost more than normal rare souls in the shop or are set as rewards for the higher PvP ranks? Please, devs, rethink these conditions for future events of this type. 250 souls are a lot, even if we are "allowed" to use all type of souls we have.

This is meant as a warning and I just wanted to share my thoughts. Do what you want to do - it might be successful, but there is no guarantee. If the (g)odds are against you, this event can only result in disappointment and a huge drainage of your souls and wallets... Good luck everyone!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Deathbat, it doesnt appear warrior demon spawn passive reduced healing is working, as previously stated. Warrior newborn of light can reduce healing. 30% unsharded, 75 % sharded, hits all targets so this is a good option for the mission.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Thanks man!

Interesting event! First one important question for the devs: Will the legendary heroics also give the 50 myth heroic fragments after the duration of the event is over? I think so, but maybe you could clarify this? Thanks!

From my point of view the event has its pros and cons. Heroic souls are becoming more and more important because of the increasing number of event characters that are not included in the normal soul pool. So it was clear from the last Gauntlet special, that something would happen to the mechanics so that more myth heroic fragments would become available. I thought that also the next Gauntlet might give them or some other permanent addition would come but no - it is this event.
    What I really cannot understand is, that only normal rare souls give fragments during this event! Why?? In my opinion all types of souls should give fragments, depending on their rareness including legendary souls that should give like 5 times the frags of a normal rare soul. G/A rares sould give somewhat 2 times the frags of normal souls given the higher value e.g. seen in the Trooper Badge prices in the shop, W/S/M rare souls something in between.

If you really want to benefit from this event you want to create some myth heroic souls. For 1 of these you need 250 souls! That's a lot! Some of us might have 250 saved or even 500 but I guess no player has 750 or more rare souls in the inventory. You want to farm them? Nice, try your luck in LoL or via sacrifice....but it was often the case that exactly within the period of an event of this type, no rare souls seem to drop anywhere or at least far less than normal. Coincidence?

And here some final math for those that think about buying souls in the shop (and yes, Amarthir I also remember the times when during such an event the rare mega pack gave 20 souls instead of 10...):
    10 rare souls cost 675 Ironite. 250 souls = 25 packs * 675 = 16.875 Ironite (wow!)
    The Pharaoh's Treasure ("Best value") gives 4.000 Ironite for 100 bucks. So you need to buy 4 of these if you have 875 Ironite saved up.... this means 400 bucks for a CHANCE for your desired character. I doubt that it is a 50:50 chance there.

I was somewhat lucky to get the Count with the myth heroic soul I claimed after opening several rare souls plus the frags I had from my first bigger attempt at the gauntlet (#37 woohoo). But the 6 legenary heroics (and I also tried some 30-40 normal heroics) on the way there gave nothing good, mostly red dogs... So to be honest I thought I would get AH Ed from the myth soul, but I was lucky this time!

So to conclude: Yes, it is an interesting event and giving the players some options to acquire special heroics is a great thing for sure. But in my opinion the conditions are rather unfair. What if you have all characters that you can get from normal rare souls but you are obliged to open them just for the fragments? Why are legenarys or G/A souls nothing worth in terms of fragments, even though they cost more than normal rare souls in the shop or are set as rewards for the higher PvP ranks? Please, devs, rethink these conditions for future events of this type. 250 souls are a lot, even if we are "allowed" to use all type of souls we have.

This is meant as a warning and I just wanted to share my thoughts. Do what you want to do - it might be successful, but there is no guarantee. If the (g)odds are against you, this event can only result in disappointment and a huge drainage of your souls and wallets... Good luck everyone!
    I think you need to redo your math. I believe you get 10 frags per rare soul, you need 25 rare souls per mythic