Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Gunna miss ur posts!!! But yeah, enjoy the summer!!!
    Thanks SK!

I'll still be here posting here and there - and anyone can continue them!

But one thought occurred as I walked away - I mentioned offense, defense, speed, and timing. But there IS one more element - and that is sheer desire. The amount of effort it takes just to be top three is crazy once those attacks come pouring in - and while I have only been Eternal in Beta - can only imagine number one is crazier.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Thanks SK!

I'll still be here posting here and there - and anyone can continue them!

But one thought occurred as I walked away - I mentioned offense, defense, speed, and timing. But there IS one more element - and that is sheer desire. The amount of effort it takes just to be top three is crazy once those attacks come pouring in - and while I have only been Eternal in Beta - can only imagine number one is crazier.
    Strategy too! Good Luck to whoever...big shoes to fill! U da man!!!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    First - since this thread is already set - I'm going to use this as a means to hand off any type of weekly PvP thread. I'm feeling a little burnt out - events and so on help - but with summer fun there are simply better things to do right now. Those threads started as a dare from those complaining about the Prisoner so I wanted to provide transparency about his effect - and they helped better elucidate the crazy point system along the way - but i think have run their course. Perhaps the need will arise once again - but for now I'm taking a break. Anyone who wants to continue if they'd like to keep tracking is welcome.

Second - I have to agree with Jofer here - the way to approach this game consistently changes - and he who figures it out has a huge advantage. All else equal - assuming two players have top tier rosters, decent defense, and win most of their battles - timing is everything. There was a point where simply playing a ton was enough - but those days are gone. Rising to the top early in this environment - as has been proven the last two weeks - can be a fools game (though Killhouse did it well). Heck, a few weeks ago i finished near the top with just over 100 attacks by simply staging things the right way. Its a matter of balancing the best time to make a move - because it's easy to rise when you're down low - and then playing enough to maintain it. Jofer obviously has his timing down - and as proven in the days where sheer bashing was enough - can then shred through lists to maintain that lead after he rises.

And I absolutely agree Eternal shouldn't be handed off or "delegated". It's simply a matter of combining all the elements - a good offense - solid defense - speed - and timing. If any of those are missing - you're not going to grab Eternal.

Congrats to the top three!
    Feeling the same way, burnt, and not just from the summer heat. Sands of time are running low. And echo Silent, your weekly PvP threads were a reason for me to come to the forums, will be missed by all. Enjoy the warm months

Sorry everyone, my last Eminem video, I promise.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Strategy too! Good Luck to whoever...big shoes to fill! U da man!!!
    Ha! I just like to write

And exactly - all those elements are then grouped under the heading "strategy" - point being (at this stage of the game) it's not just plowing through endless lists.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    Feeling the same way, burnt, and not just from the summer heat. Sands of time are running low. And echo Silent, your weekly PvP threads were a reason for me to come to the forums, will be missed by all. Enjoy the warm months

Thanks much! And you probably savor them more than I do with those Minnesota winters
    Nicko-0517

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Thanks much! And you probably savor them more than I do with those Minnesota winters
    Indeed! "We come from the land of the ice and snow"

OS
    iOS
    I too am a bit worn out after Sparton 500 and last week I just settled back a bit and tried to just stay top 100 as I really am not sure I can be bothered trying to spend more time on anything better - work and family tend to vary demand wise and I need to have those as the main eater of my time! I hand it to all that go for top 10 and especially top 3 - I think I now know that I will never have the hours to do it. I have a semi-decent roster and I have had fun with it over the last couple of days using different and new toons so that has kept me amused, even if I have lost more than usual I think I am now past worrying too much about the difference between a 92% win rate and a 98%-99% win rate....in the end it makes little difference in ranking and I think I am having more fun changing my offence team around than I was using the same 4 for every match.

My new view on the game was also rewarded with a few new toons to play with - I even got a Magus CR which is a great toon to have fun with, as is Wrath and I also got my first Gunner COTD and she is pretty cool too......so I think I am going to concentrate on the fun stuff in the game and in life and forget about going for the big win rates and all that other stuff. Maybe I will get a AoF and a GCR too.....probably not!

Nicko you have done some awesome posts and I will miss the weekly read through on your posts for each week - they were insightful and interesting to get involved with and I am sure loads of others think the same too. Like you I think my time with the game will be for fun and for Troopers and not going to worry so much about top 25 in PVP.....hopefully the new, more common events, will keep me interested as they usually do provide decent loot and there is always new content not too far away (I hope).

For all the hardcore guys into the rankings I salute you and your efforts and you guys do really keep everyone on their toes - I cant see anyone taking Jofer, he is a beast and will continue to be ahead of the rest of the crowds as he will keep on raking in the goodie loot each week in PVP and will ace all the events too I am sure. Unless we get someone who can chuck a lot of money at souls and all the other paid for goodies to get the ultimate roster and unlimited shards (if that is even going to be possible) I can see Jofer heading the lists whenever it takes his fancy, no matter of the folks out there that try to 'give it a go'......I think you will be wasting your time unless he decides he cant be bothered one week!

I think for the rest of us - we can keep dreaming but I can take some solace in the fact that no-ones defence is unbreakable and one day I hope the game goes to real PVP and not what we have just now as that would be very cool and real challenge to all - what we have now just isn't much of a challenge if you have a solid set of teams to go to for certain scenarios (PVP, PVE, LOL on auto) and once you get past suffering the odd defeat (mostly due to RNG, but also some very good defence strategies) then the game, for me at least, gets back to being more fun and not just a time/resources grind.

As ever, UP THE IRONS \m/
    Last edited by scott-5496; 06-12-2017 at 02:14 PM.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Agree with what the others have already echoed. There's a lot of factors that go into Eternal and it's not just bashing through the lists. From what I've seen and experienced, going to the top early will just beat you down all week. Work on speed and come smashing in friday/Saturday when you can score more points per win and rise faster.

I'm at the same point as others, being our very short period of warm weather, lack of content and the need to play 50 matches a day is catching up. Playtime is at a low point and desire even less.

For Eternal the Rewards alone are not worth it, recognition is probably the best reward since the souls will end in dupes.

I'll leave you with a conversation I had with my wife the week I went Eternal and the beast took over my life for a few days... she asked what I'd get from playing so much. I said some souls and skill shards, but people that play will see me at the top. Her reply was "yeah but what about your real friends???" Hahah in the end it's a game and when it's not fun, step back, Eternal is very tough. Congrats on those that keep climbing and fighting it out. You have my support.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Killhouse View Post
    Agree with what the others have already echoed. There's a lot of factors that go into Eternal and it's not just bashing through the lists. From what I've seen and experienced, going to the top early will just beat you down all week. Work on speed and come smashing in friday/Saturday when you can score more points per win and rise faster.

I'm at the same point as others, being our very short period of warm weather, lack of content and the need to play 50 matches a day is catching up. Playtime is at a low point and desire even less.

For Eternal the Rewards alone are not worth it, recognition is probably the best reward since the souls will end in dupes.

I'll leave you with a conversation I had with my wife the week I went Eternal and the beast took over my life for a few days... she asked what I'd get from playing so much. I said some souls and skill shards, but people that play will see me at the top. Her reply was "yeah but what about your real friends???" Hahah in the end it's a game and when it's not fun, step back, Eternal is very tough. Congrats on those that keep climbing and fighting it out. You have my support.
    I'm real!!!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Killhouse View Post

I just respect your words one by one and lol I hot the same conversation with my wife yesterday!!! Lol

" There's a time to live, and a time to die, when it's time to meet the Maker, there's a time to live, but isn't it strange? that as soon as your born you're dying!"