Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Talisman store packs

This time I am really ticked off.

Last week during the NBoL event, we were offered the Overwhelming Shell Talisman ($4), Safeguard Explosive Talismans ($5), and NBoL Power-Up pack or something consisting of Mystical Shell and Fierce Explosive Talismans ($8), and I ended up buying the Shell and Power-Up packs.

I needed the Shells and Explosives in order to be relatively competitive in PvP, given that I do not have Shell or Immunity Talismans.

It looks like those Talismans packs may have been a big hit since others besides myself may have succumbed to the purchases, but now with the latest store offerings for Talismans of $10, $20, and $50, this is really ridiculous. All I want are Immunity Talismans, and I am forced to spend $10 on 2 Immunity Talismans (NOT 2 sets of 2), along with a bunch of other crap that I don't need and which drop from grinding or SQ anyway. There is an Explosive set in this pack, so maybe it is similarly priced compared to last week, but I don't need a darn 2nd set...1 set is enough when your other toons will have Counterstrikes, etc.

If I want more Shells, then I have to Shell-out $20 for 2 Shells, with the rest all worthless and stuff you get from grinding (except for Life Talismans which are next to worthless).

Lastly, if I want Immunity and Shells, then I have to Shell-out a whopping $50, but they do throw in 2 skill Shards, a Counterstrike set, Life set, and some Resistance and Resilience Talismans, whoopdeeydoo!!!

I have said this before and I will say it again...NF needs to fire their marketing department. They haven't learned from the Apple mistakes of the 80s, which is why Bill Gates and Microsoft killed them. Price the product reasonably well and you will get economies of scale...better to have a thousands of people buy $3 & $5 packs, instead of a few tens buying $20 & $50 packs.

If they offered Shell sets (Overwhelming, Ward, Mystical) for $3 a pack (similar to last week), I would buy all 3 packs. Likewise for Immunity.

Sigh, looks like BNW is not on the horizon and these Talisman packs will be milked for all they are worth.

I for one am not going to succumb to these ridiculously priced packs. You got my money last week, I ain't doing it again this week. Top 50 or 100 is not worth $50+. I have a bottle of Laphroaig for that price which gives me far more pleasure.

<End of rant>
    Last edited by IceManFerrar; 06-24-2017 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceManFerrar View Post

Last week during the NBoL event, we were offered the Overwhelming Shell Talisman ($4), Safeguard Explosive Talismans ($5), and NBoL Power-Up pack or something consisting of Mystical Shell and Fierce Explosive Talismans ($8), and I ended up buying the Shell and Power-Up packs.

I needed the Shells and Explosives in order to be relatively competitive in PvP, given that I do not have Shell or Immunity Talismans.

It looks like those Talismans packs may have been a big hit since others besides myself may have succumbed to the purchases, but now with the latest store offerings for Talismans of $10, $20, and $50, this is really ridiculous. All I want are Immunity Talismans, and I am forced to spend $10 on 2 Immunity Talismans (NOT 2 sets of 2), along with a bunch of other crap that I don't need and which drop from grinding or SQ anyway. There is an Explosive set in this pack, so maybe it is similarly priced compared to last week, but I don't need a darn 2nd set...1 set is enough when your other toons will have Counterstrikes, etc.

If I want more Shells, then I have to Shell-out $20 for 2 Shells, with the rest all worthless and stuff you get from grinding (except for Life Talismans which are next to worthless).

Lastly, if I want Immunity and Shells, then I have to Shell-out a whopping $50, but they do throw in 2 skill Shards, a Counterstrike set, Life set, and some Resistance and Resilience Talismans, whoopdeeydoo!!!

I have said this before and I will say it again...NF needs to fire their marketing department. They haven't learned from the Apple mistakes of the 80s, which is why Bill Gates and Microsoft killed them. Price the product reasonably well and you will get economies of scale...better to have a thousands of people buy $3 & $5 packs, instead of a few tens buying $20 & $50 packs.

If they offered Shell sets (Overwhelming, Ward, Mystical) for $3 a pack (similar to last week), I would buy all 3 packs. Likewise for Immunity.

Sigh, looks like BNW is not on the horizon and these Talisman packs will be milked for all they are worth.

I for one am not going to succumb to these ridiculously priced packs. You got my money last week, I ain't doing it again this week. Top 50 or 100 is not worth $50+. I have a bottle of Laphroaig for that price which gives me far more pleasure.

<End of rant>
    Some good points. There really won't be a lot of people buying €70 packs. Also they probably need to stop advertising all their packs as 80% off. I mean cmon... It don't fool anyone ;p
    "Undercover of the veil of your disguise
    The men that fear you are the ones that you despise
    No one's certain what you future will behold
    You're a legend you own story will be told"

floki-4148

OS
    Android

<End of rant>
    I'm with you on this. I didn't purchase last week, and damn sure won't purchase this week. I don't show a $50 pack, dominator pack is $65.

It's sad to see a game that has so much potential slip into the pay to win trap. Before long it'll be just like Mobile Strike, a big name behind it and the only way to compete is to continue to spend tons of money. At least with Mobile Strike you have guaranteed items from a purchase and not have to hope that the RNG treats you kindly. Although the talisman packs I guess can be considered guaranteed, the souls are definitely not.

Looked at the tuning notes and little being done to really balance the OP characters and a few bug fixes. Apparently a ton of bugs that won't be fixed. It's funny how when it was the tauntfest meta, one of the devs said they didn't want pvp to be like that. Yet, that's exactly what it's back to. I fought one battle in pvp yesterday where I won the coin toss and made one attack with one toon and then sat back and watched as my team was destroyed over 3 rounds. With no new content, pvp is the only draw, and when strategy ceases to be a factor it's not much of a draw. Playing the same level/levels over 1,000 times a month to get trooper badges gets old.

OS
    Android
    yeah i fully agree, i hate to say it, but this game gets a new pay to win approach which i hate. everyone needs shells and immunity, so they created a bottleneck and now try to milk it to the end?
    i hated the last talisman packs, but they had reasonable prices at least.

this ones are complete overpriced bullshit which makes me kinda mad. this behaviour is absolutely indecent if you ask me

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    It's a slap in the face. I still don't have any shell or immunity. I'm not paying for them. The pvp rewards are crap outside of the top 25 anyway. No news on BNW. What's the big secret? We haven't heard anything about where the game is headed. We see regular updates to the store trying to rip people off. We see regular "tuning" changes wrecking fun characters. How about putting the same effort into advancing the game beyond PvP. It's an rpg. Pvp should be a fun side note. Did any of the classics rpgs we grew up on have pvp? No. Please devs listen to your player base before this thing is run into the ground.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    Everything end up being free anyway...
    Only good thing about these absurd prices is that you can hardly buy yourself a game keeping almost everyone relatively on the same page..

On another point...
    Seriously, just my defense team worth more than a thousand bucks with those prices... Can barely imagine with all toons, shards & tallismans how my whole rooster worth with current pricing
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    I'm with you on this. I didn't purchase last week, and damn sure won't purchase this week. I don't show a $50 pack, dominator pack is $65.

Weird, I see the Dominator for $49.99, Unyeilding for $19.99, and Crusher for $9.99.

Do you guys in Texas have a different exchange rate than NC, lol?

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by floki View Post
    Also they probably need to stop advertising all their packs as 80% off. I mean cmon... It don't fool anyone ;p
    Exactly! 80% off implies that the $50 pack normally sells for $250. I'd like to be in the room when they're discussing the market value of these. I don't think anyone can put a $250 price tag on a talisman pack with a straight face.

Between them "blessing" us with 80% off and using talisman packs as a way to further delay BNW release, this just makes NF look bad.

Personally, I'm okay with the BNW release delay if it means getting it right. Sure, actual new content more often than every 6 months would be fantastic. I think the majority of the events they've been putting out lately are great. Just don't go making this a pay 2 win game to cover up the delay...

OS
    Android
    Weird, I see the Dominator for $49.99, Unyeilding for $19.99, and Crusher for $9.99.

Do you guys in Texas have a different exchange rate than NC, lol?
    Maybe we get charged more, since we all know that everyone in Texas has an oilwell in their backyard. Unyielding and Crusher prices are the same, but Dominator still shows $64.99.

Funny how you have Iron Maiden doing things like this http://ironmaiden.com/news/article/g...he-right-price, and yet the prices in game don't reflect that same attitude.

Sparton, Kaz, would it help if we started a thread on how you can better monetize this game? I know their have been a few suggestions thrown out, but maybe a dedicated thread would be better. Their are a lot of smart people in this forum, many that I'm sure have some business experience, many who do not want to see this game fail, and I'm sure most of us would be willing to tell you what we feel is reasonable and worthy of spending on a mobile game.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    Maybe we get charged more, since we all know that everyone in Texas has an oilwell in their backyard. Unyielding and Crusher prices are the same, but Dominator still shows $64.99.

Funny how you have Iron Maiden doing things like this http://ironmaiden.com/news/article/g...he-right-price, and yet the prices in game don't reflect that same attitude.

Sparton, Kaz, would it help if we started a thread on how you can better monetize this game? I know their have been a few suggestions thrown out, but maybe a dedicated thread would be better. Their are a lot of smart people in this forum, many that I'm sure have some business experience, many who do not want to see this game fail, and I'm sure most of us would be willing to tell you what we feel is reasonable and worthy of spending on a mobile game.
    Well they do say everything's bigger in Texas...including prices...I guess!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers