Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Pretty excited to see there is other skaters here. I wish I got to skate more than once a week (If even...). Used to be every day.

The funny thing about music in skate videos... Sometimes it's a song you've heard a thousand times, and never even liked it. If it's a good skate part, that song will forever be a favorite: completely changing your view and opinion on the song. Pretty powerful if you ask me.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Now I'm getting really nostalgic, with all this skate talk. It was a short-lived phase for me about 30 years ago, but I have great memories. I can still remember walking in to buy my first "good" board (which now almost sounds like a LotB character):

(f'n) Vision Gator (link is to a re-issue)

I always wanted a Powell Peralta Caballero, and I still regret never getting one.
    Last edited by druid138; 09-13-2017 at 07:13 PM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Btw, got one soul so far.... I am only getting increments of 5 now. FFS, I was hoping to get more than 2 but at this rate I won't get more than 2. I should have started farming BNW again once I got the first soul...
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    Now I'm getting really nostalgic, with all this skate talk. It was a short-lived phase for me about 30 years ago, but I have great memories. I can still remember my first "good" board (which now almost sounds like a LotB character):

I always wanted a Powell Peralta Caballero, and I still regret never getting one.
    Dude! I have the movie about him "stoked" - awesome that was your first board. He is still in prison though, I think.

And for Caballero... I always get the half cab shoes, best skate shoes ever.
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Dank Brew View Post
    Dude! I have the movie about him "stoked" - awesome that was your first board. He is still in prison though, I think.

And for Caballero... I always get the half cab shoes, best skate shoes ever.
    Holy crap! I had no idea what you were talking about regarding prison. So, I just looked up Rogowski, and I'm horrified. That definitely puts a damper on my good memories. I should have got the Caballero, I guess!
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Holy crap! I had no idea what you were talking about regarding prison. So, I just looked up Rogowski, and I'm horrified. That definitely puts a damper on my good memories. I should have got the Caballero, I guess!
    Yeah man, it's some terrible stuff huh... I'd recommend the movie stoked the rise and fall of gator
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Brewtus-1572

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Check out this documentary too if you guys haven't seen it, about the Pappas brothers. It's on Netflix if you have it. One of my favorite documentaries period, even outside of skateboarding. Although it really made me despise Tony Hawk.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2938416/

Name:  2039-all_this_mayhem-301058_full.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  56.9 KB

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    Check out this documentary too if you guys haven't seen it, about the Pappas brothers. It's on Netflix if you have it. One of my favorite documentaries period, even outside of skateboarding.
    Sweet, thanks for the recommendation! I'll check it out. Interesting about Tony Hawk. For some reason, that guy never resonated with me. I appreciate the talent, but I was never a big fan. Though, it could have just been me trying to go against the grain, since everyone seemed to love him. That was part of what drove my Caballero interest - an alternative, less-popular Powell option at the time.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Sweet, thanks for the recommendation! I'll check it out. Interesting about Tony Hawk. For some reason, that guy never resonated with me. I appreciate the talent, but I was never a big fan. Though, it could have just been me trying to go against the grain, since everyone seemed to love him. That was part of what drove my Caballero interest - an alternative, less-popular Powell option at the time.
    You'll love this doc then

OS
    iOS
    Now I'm getting really nostalgic, with all this skate talk. It was a short-lived phase for me about 30 years ago, but I have great memories. I can still remember walking in to buy my first "good" board (which now almost sounds like a LotB character):

A Bonite Cab was my first board. Christmas of 87. I've still got it.

I wish I'd kept all those world industries boards I had during the early 90s. Some of those things are worth a ton a money now. I burned them all at a party in the mid-late 90s. Along with about ten Hensleys. I really regret that. Not as much as Gator probably regrets killing his girlfriend and stuffing her in a snowboard bag, but I still regret it.
    MrFreeze-6530