Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Interesting 2 hours.. all questions.. no responses. Guess that's as designed?
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Interesting 2 hours.. all questions.. no responses. Guess that's as designed?
    Answers don't begin until 10am pacific time tomorrow.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    Oh.. so it's jsut a standard forum thing.. okay. I clearly misunderstood and with all the hype thought it was a more "live" session. I mean.. seems like it's merely standard forum operating procedure now. Well I hope some get answers that are satisfying.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    As a fellow developer I am curious what steps are being taken (or planned to be implemented) to address the constant bugs that are found shortly after each update?

I know not all can be caught during QA due to the player base being much larger, but it seems those who try to participate immediatley have either a huge advantage (like with the intro of trooper dungeon prices being a Frontier Coin generator) or at a steep disadvantage (game unplayable due to disconnects or errors that aren't resolved until hours later).

As for my answers:
    Found out about the game at an Iron Maiden show on June 19 2017.
    Iron Maiden fan first.
    I downloaded the game and started playing in between the opener (Ghost) and Iron Maiden.

Leviathan Edit: Hi MuzakMaker! Matt posted an answer to this in his reply at the beginning on this thread. I've also pasted it below!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_LOTB View Post
    So, first off, I want to assure you that event bugs are really frustrating for us too.

There are a whole host of causes that underly some of the bugs that you're referring to. Some of them have had to do with process. Some of them have had to do with data and variable configuration. Some of them have had to do with our toolset. Some of them have had to do with our QA bandwidth. Some of them have had to do with how our various game environments (QA, Dev, Production) are set up, and truthfully, some of them are human error.

Along with all these various causes come a bunch of possible solutions, some of which are more feasible than others.

For instance, rebuilding our entire environment structure, or replacing our variable delivery service are significant undertakings that would potentially offline a lot of core development work while we were to undertake them.

However, concrete steps we have taken include:

- improved tooling: in recent weeks we have completed development on a number of key QA tools that will substantially increase our QA team's capacity to locate and identify issues with event data and assets. Not only does this have the benefit of making our event testing more robust, it also takes significantly less time, so QA is able to focus more of their effort on other aspects of the game.
    - Double-check process: we have additionally implemented a recurring double-check process supplementary to our QA sign-off to catch and correct any human error or configuration problems long before the events go live. This should help to prevent a lot of that early jank you refer to, wherein the event behaves differently for the first couple hours than it does for the rest of the event.

One of the big takeaways I want to assert here is that our QA team are incredibly diligent and hard working. They do their absolute best to ensure that bugs are found and everything in the game is as it should be. They do so with a small team, enormous scope, limited resources, and smiles on their faces. We continue to try to build out the tools and resources they need to make their jobs more manageable, but the QA team deserves a huge amount of credit and thanks for the work they've done and continue to do.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Simple questions from me. I have a shed load of fragments that I don't know if I should keep or convert into precious soul frags. Is there a reason to keep the following fragments?

Killer Beast Soul
    Virus Eddie Soul
    Shrieking Soul
    Rebellious Soul
    Beast Soul
    Corrupt Feldmarschall Soul
    Immortal Soul
    Steel Soul
    Prowler Soul
    Undying Soul

I'll stop there

Leviathan Edit: Hi iPoop! Thanks for your question! You can find my answer here!
    Jomsvikings/thanos-2148

Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Oh.. so it's jsut a standard forum thing.. okay. I clearly misunderstood and with all the hype thought it was a more "live" session. I mean.. seems like it's merely standard forum operating procedure now. Well I hope some get answers that are satisfying.
    Hi Yup. As druid138 notes, our devs will be online tomorrow from 10am-4pm PT answering live. We posted this thread now as we know not everyone will be available during the 6 hour window we have set on July 25th. But I can assure you that questions that come in during the Q&A period will also be addressed, in addition to the ones that came in before the event actually begins.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by zamasu View Post
    There are many, many instances of characters wearing 3 or 4 different sets of talismans in Gauntlet. Instances like The Nomad wearing Primordials and Vipers at the same which in normal game play is impossible since both are a 5 or 6-set and he can only wear Red Talismans.
    Speaking of Nomad talisman slots . . . Why does he have red slots when he deals true damage? Any chance we can see a change to purple in a tuning update?

Leviathan Edit: Hi druid138! Kaz posted an answer to this in his reply at the beginning on this thread. I've also pasted it below!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz_LOTB View Post
    The main reason is that most players use Echo Talismans on the Nomad at the moment, so we're hesitant to change the current strategy of so many when it works well for them. We've mainly changed Talisman Slots in the past of characters that are not used as much or are underpowered and would benefit greatly from the change without creating a new imbalance. That being said, there is a feature on the horizon that would allow us to open up the talisman slot restrictions on certain characters, like the Nomad, so that players can experiment with new builds, but keep any strategies they currently use if they would like (this would not be something that will for sure apply to every character, but just a few select characters).
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    We seem to have a bit of imbalance toward the Warrior class with Eddies.

eg:
    Warrior: 13
    Sentinel: 10
    Magus: 10
    Gunner: 10 (not including Gangland)
    Assassin: 10

Are there plans to even this up a bit?

FWIW: Iron Maiden fan first, found out about the game around the time I got back into metal after a somewhat long hiatus. Been playing >2 yrs.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    iOS
    Thanks Leviathan. I was hoping for a more "live" thing.. good to know that's planned.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    Can we get save-able teams please? It'd be nice to have 10 (or so) teams, pre-saved in groups for all the standard areas of the game.

I'm envisioning something like a button to "select from saved teams" that loads up a screen of the teams (eg: similar to the new Arena opponent select UI) that will load in those characters.

While I know the number of Allies can change in some parts of the game, and some battles have restrictions, this can be worked around by simply not loading those extra characters that don't match the restrictions, or leaving the last slot open (or dropping the last character).

Note: Whatever you do, allow us to NAME the saved teams. I can see myself with 3 identical looking groups, because I have dupes of characters pre-loaded with different talisman sets for different situations, and it'd be nice to be able to name them appropriately!

Leviathan Edit: Hi Cefiar! Matt posted an answer to this in his reply at the beginning on this thread. I've also pasted it below!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_LOTB View Post
    We'd certainly like to get a feature like this into the game, but it's not on the roadmap right now. In the shorter term, we would like to get your Frontier Dungeon teams saving, so that they are at least preserved.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War