Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Open Letter to Nodding Frog and Forum Members

Dear all,

I feel compelled to expose my feelings on the journey that we have been on together and the recent development following the update.

As a start, I want to say thank you to the community around LOTB as it has become more than a game for many of us and brings us a little bit closer to our favorite band 😉 I also want to say thank you to Nodding Frog for being so open to discussions and sharing so much with us. We are not always easy to deal with, we push hard because an update is one day past our expectations and as soon as we get it, we criticise and suggest they should spend more time testing… Interesting, are we never going to be satisfied?

With that said, I must admit that I was extremely shocked by the extortionous price put on the Eternal Soul as a "Thank You”to a selected few that the system is currently pushing up creating an ever growing divide between players. Some were lucky to be part of the PVP beta and had not only gained experience but also souls, skill shards, iron coins that helped them stay at the top and forbid the rest of us from ever achieving. A real thank you should have been addressed to all of us here in the forums by setting a much more reasonable price (between 5k and 10k Iron Coins i guess). It will take so long to get the remaining 3 souls anyhow…

I also wonder how much Trooper Points they will charge for Trooper Eddie… (25k, 50k…)

I am really puzzled and hope that someone will address this and make it right.

But I also feel that we should also make it right and stop insulting the enormous amount of efforts and time spent by the devs to share with us and deliver. I run a software company I know how much work that is!

Sorry for the heartfelt post but I had to let it out…

Up the Irons \m/

Patrice-1201
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    Patrice, IMO, because the Enternal was set for a limited time, I was not going to be able to purchase a soul that was way too high priced so that was no concern to me. Those that saved their pennies where rewarded. I have no problem there. Making the fragments only available in PVP is disappointing. I do not care for PVP and only play it as a necessity. But, again, the game is designed so that the developers survive. I have no problem here either.

Maybe they can throw us "have nots" a bone every once in a while though...
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    Totally agree! The forums was the reason i really wanted to come back to the game. The family i've made here is one that i cannot leave without regret. Ive seen some faces go, and some faces come, but this place is still one of the best ways i could find to waste time, heck! I spend more time here than i actually play the game!

And about the eternity soul, i see it as a way for rewarding those who supported the devs by purchasing and stuff like that, and for those hardcore no-lifers who spend 23 hours a day playing.

I was personally in the pvp beta (i keep telling myself that i was put in it cuz im special) and imo, it wasnt all that fun, so i didnt really play. And i, still to this day, dont play much pvp, its fun right now, but without a good team, i stand no chance. But now ill make sure i play alot, so i can get that eternity soul, i will 100% do it cuz i spent a shit ton of time spending my 64 sands of war (tells you how much i play pvp)

Btw, as much as the eternity soul is "cool and badass", it's chars will probably still be weaker than some 4* and 4* toons (like AoF, CG, Nomad, Troll, etc...). Yea, they will be powerful af, but you will still be able to beat them.

Unless some fucker makes a team out of a Clairvoyant, a gunner rescuer, pharoah water spirit and GR, bullshit infinite revive team!
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    man partice i get you...some of us spend hours of hours betatesting and posting for on the forums to make the game better...went through every bug with the intention to help the devs to get the things together. well no thank you for us because we have no 20k coins? this is a big insult for many of us i think-
    i know the intentions were good, but rewarding 1% of the players and exclude 99% is a bad idea, you don't have to be a genius to forsee that. unlock souls or skillshards if you want to make people spend their coins or make another special deal...

OTOH it won't take too long to get first eternals, i like the system a lot. if we manage top 50 every week and buy fragments it will take 3 weeks to claim an eternal, that is very fair, we have to admit that too. but this "big thank you" for the 1% of the player is not very savvy, it makes me wanna puke...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    man partice i get you...some of us spend hours of hours betatesting and posting for on the forums to make the game better...went through every bug with the intention to help the devs to get the things together. well no thank you for us because we have no 20k coins? this is a big insult for many of us i think-
    i know the intentions were good, but rewarding 1% of the players and exclude 99% is a bad idea, you don't have to be a genius to forsee that. unlock souls or skillshards if you want to make people spend their coins or make another special deal...

OTOH it won't take too long to get first eternals, i like the system a lot. if we manage top 50 every week and buy fragments it will take 3 weeks to claim an eternal, that is very fair, we have to admit that too. but this "big thank you" for the 1% of the player is not very savvy, it makes me wanna puke...
    I think u made a mistake. Im sure u meant "rewarding 0.01% of the players and excluding 99.99% is a bad idea".

u kno what they should do? They should make eternity fragments dropable from skull quests as rare drops, make them available by trooper points and increase the 2 purchases a week for a limited time event (or smth like that)
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekroliun View Post
    I think u made a mistake. Im sure u meant "rewarding 0.01% of the players and excluding 99.99% is a bad idea".

u kno what they should do? They should make eternity fragments dropable from skull quests as rare drops, make them available by trooper points and increase the 2 purchases a week for a limited time event (or smth like that)
    actually you are right dear nekro, 0,01 is prolly more accurate than 1.

lets assume 20 people can buy an eternal with 5k regular pvp players in the last weeks and monthe = 0,4% it's a shame

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    actually you are right dear nekro, 0,01 is prolly more accurate than 1.

lets assume 20 people can buy an eternal with 5k regular pvp players in the last weeks and monthe = 0,4% it's a shame
    I am more insulted by the horrible drop rates and the horrible RNG opening souls tbh. At least those eternal souls I can calculate when I will get one so I have a goal.

Fine - some people have new chars ... whatever.

I am in a very lucky position that I have quite a competitive roster (probably until the next nerf hammer strikes). But I feel for everyone who is caught in the RNG trap.

I put on average 5 Euro a month into the game until now. That is what I would spend on other mobile games as well. But I stop now and only use my free stuff until RNG changes, the QA quality improves and the big nerfs stop. I put too much effort in to stop but it is almost a year now and we are still waiting for one smooth update, for an easier way to play all troopers and for better RNG. These all aren't things that just popped up the last 2 weeks.

Long story short: for the time being no more money from my side - even it isn#t that much but it adds up.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekroliun View Post
    Unless some fucker makes a team out of a Clairvoyant, a gunner rescuer, pharoah water spirit and GR, bullshit infinite revive team!
    I now have a life goal. LOL
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Even though Eternals have the best drop rate in the game, I'm still glad I haven't invested cash money into ironite for the arena lol ...makes sense they would only let players that have spent a bunch of money on PvP (and played an insane amount of matches) have the advantage of spending excess iron coins on those chars.

I just hope that the next Eternal toon isn't Trooper Eddie! He should be the one char that you purchase with trooper badges.. 150 billion trooper badges lol!
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    Android
    150 billion?! Please delete that comment! Before they take it to heart!!!
    Trooper eddie is my main goal of the whole game. I have had trooper eddie tattooed on my leg since I was 19
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572