View Poll Results: Who would YOU upgrade?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sentinel Soulless Demon

10 47.62%
  • Warrior Troll

9 42.86%
  • Gunner Golden Son

3 14.29%
  • what else ya got?

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Green Soulless Demon vs. Red Troll

The time has come once again to elevate one of my characters to 5*'s. Any advice on who it should be? I've been leaning towards my Sentinel Soulless Demon (based on some recent discussions about him), but I have also heard good things about the Warrior Troll and Gunner Golden Son. Any last minute advice before I pull the trigger?
    OpticSugar-0227
    the return of Muffin! lvl 100 red warrior Troll

"Goin' all the way, I'm nature's beast;
    Do what I want and do as I please"

OS
    iOS
    I use the troll when autoing rifts as the passive shield helps the AI. I use the demon a fair bit too, decent AOE damage and quite amusing with some vanish talismans when he taunts something then disappears.

Short version: Troll if you aim to auto play more. Demon if you prefer to stay in control.
    Last edited by Baba-8301; 10-11-2016 at 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Baba-8301 View Post
    I use the troll when quoting rifts as the passive shield helps the AI. I use the demon a fair bit too, decent AOE damage and quite amusing with some vanish talismans when he taunts something then disappears.

Short version: Troll if you aim to auto play more. Demon if you prefer to stay in control.
    solid advice...
    OpticSugar-0227

OS
    iOS
    I'd promote the character that is closest to having a max set of talisman placed on it. If you have 6 lvl 50 overwhelming health talisman laying around, then souless demon becomes nearly unkillable with 50k+ HP while dealing true damage and 55% chance to taunt (using skill shards).

OS
    Android
    i love the troll but since he has three purple spots and i can't get the assassin talismans i want to put on him, i would choose another character.
    it's not easy to upgrade three purple talismans anyway if you don't have the right chars...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Since I have both of these characters, and I literally have chosen one to evolve over the other, I guess I have to say Sentinel Soulless Demon (though God alone knows when I'll be able to turn him 5*).

Side note: I imagine that it's the fabled Barrier Assassin Talismans you're holding out for, slauki, and I'm curious: what makes the Magic Resistance that much better than the Defense the Shield Assassin Talismans would give you? I've always considered those to be reasonably throwaway stats, as stats in this game go...
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    Since I have both of these characters, and I literally have chosen one to evolve over the other, I guess I have to say Sentinel Soulless Demon (though God alone knows when I'll be able to turn him 5*).

Side note: I imagine that it's the fabled Barrier Assassin Talismans you're holding out for, slauki, and I'm curious: what makes the Magic Resistance that much better than the Defense the Shield Assassin Talismans would give you? I've always considered those to be reasonably throwaway stats, as stats in this game go...

the troll deals true damage, so you need to push the attack and magic stats.

when you now check the effect of the assassin talismans that i meant, you will find, that they fit perfect with true damage dealers

Name:  2016-10-11 18_32_49-Talisman Illustrated Guide.png
Views: 521
Size:  60.7 KB

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    the troll deals true damage, so you need to push the attack and magic stats.

when you now check the effect of the assassin talismans that i meant, you will find, that they fit perfect with true damage dealers

Name:  2016-10-11 18_32_49-Talisman Illustrated Guide.png
Views: 521
Size:  60.7 KB
    and is barrier the best type of assassin talisman? And if so, why? I have a set of shield assassin talismans (two max 50 and one lvl 40) wasting away on my lvl 100 assassin Axis Bomber Boy (which I kinda wish that I didn't upgrade to 5*, but I've been going with him). Are the shield type comparable?
    OpticSugar-0227

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Don't the Shield Assassin Talismans do the same thing, or pretty close, though? "ATK x Magic" sounds too similar to me to justify the rarity and coveted nature of these talismans (but then again, for all I know they give an additional 20000 damage per enemy--lol). I'd love to see these two sets' damages go head to head sometime... I'm guessing by 2044 or so, when someone actually gets them.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    Don't the Shield Assassin Talismans do the same thing, or pretty close, though? "ATK x Magic" sounds too similar to me to justify the rarity and coveted nature of these talismans (but then again, for all I know they give an additional 20000 damage per enemy--lol). I'd love to see these two sets' damages go head to head sometime... I'm guessing by 2044 or so, when someone actually gets them.
    okay, sorry maybe i understood your post in a wrong way.
    if shield or barrier depends... if you like to push your magic resistance go with the barrier for the normal defense push go with the shield.
    but you are right, the effect is the same, so both would be fine on the troll, but i have never ever seen one single assassin talisman. i hope they will fix the droprates by the end of the week.