Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

What relics do you prefer?

I’ve been curious about what relics you guys preferred for your team
    I chose power instead of HP, MR or DEF it suits my style it makes fights go faster but I also see the benefit of a higher HP
    Do you regret any relics investment?

OS
    Android
    Mostly attack and magic so far. Got one or two fury, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. Loading up on attack has made a noticeable difference.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    iOS
    I guess, you’ll do best when you balance them.
    Sick-6808

OS
    iOS
    Regretful of the Magus Attack....either there are none or I just don't have any Magus characters that deal physical damage...so wasted IC unless I misunderstand how Attack and Magic relic work.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    I misunderstand how Attack and Magic relic work.

It depends upon the damage the toon does...

if the toon does Magic Damage, then the ATK relic won't help.
    You need the MAG relic to boost the attack of magic attacks.
    (i.e. Gunner Lilith, Magus CotD, GRE, Clairvoyant)

if the toon does Physical Damage, then the ATK relic will help.
    You need the ATK relic to boost the attack of physical attacks.
    (i.e. Warrior Lilith, Shaman/Samurai/RTH/Holy Smoke Eddie, Warrior CotD)

If the toon does True Damage, then the ATK relic will help.
    True damage is a formula using both ATK and MAG to create the actual attack value.
    (I.e. Assassin Lilith, 7Son Eddie, Gunner CotD)

This also depends upon HOW the toon scales damage.
    For example, Viking Eddie deals damage based upon Magic Resistance.
    So no amount of ATK or MAG relics will boost Viking Eddie's attack, but the MR Relic will.

Most of Pharaoh Eddies attacks are based on DEF, so boosting DEF helps Pharaoh Eddie.
    Although the MAG relic will help with a couple of Pharaoh's attacks.

-------------------------------

I haven't regretted any relics. I've spread them out quite a bit across all classes. The HP seems to yield the most benefit for the cost - allowing toons to survive that 1 extra hit many times.
    Last edited by Yup; 03-21-2018 at 08:24 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    If the toon does True Damage, then the ATK relic will help.
    True damage is a formula using both ATK and MAG to create the actual attack value.
    (I.e. Assassin Lilith, 7Son Eddie, Gunner CotD)
    I was curious as to why my GCOTD does more damage with a set of Assassin talis equipped as opposed to a set of Mystical Warp talis. Even though GCOTD says Damage dealt increases based on the enemy's Magic and Atk.

I guess it still calculates the base True damage off the attack/magic currently and Assassin Talis boosts that.

Wonder why there is no True damage relics then.

Well then I stand by my statement. I regret Magus Attack relic, since of my 19 Magus characters none of them do Physical damage. Does anyone have a Magus character that does physical?
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    I initially focused on toons I like to use in the Arena, strengthening their weaknesses. Used some on global as well. I had a lot of down time the week the relics kicked in, and had already planned to play a lot. The relics were a bonus for me in that regard.

No regrets really, but t’s feeling more like a chore to continue the grind now.

Btw does Shaolinlando ever sleep?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    I was curious as to why my GCOTD does more damage with a set of Assassin talis equipped as opposed to a set of Mystical Warp talis. Even though GCOTD says Damage dealt increases based on the enemy's Magic and Atk.

I guess it still calculates the base True damage off the attack/magic currently and Assassin Talis boosts that.

Wonder why there is no True damage relics then.

Well then I stand by my statement. I regret Magus Attack relic, since of my 19 Magus characters none of them do Physical damage. Does anyone have a Magus character that does physical?
    7th Son and Lady Azov are both true damage attackers, so raising ATK will increase their damage at a slightly lower cost than for the magic relic. So, it's cheaper but doesn't provide any benefit to the magus characters that only do magic damage.

My primary first focus has been health and fury. Branching out now to target my preferred team setups.

OS
    Android
    Some say that defense and magic resist don't help at all but I faced a team with my warriors team and got my ass whipped off then I went to the store, upgraded both defense and magic resist with the little IC I had left and fought the same team again and again they started first but this time I had all my warriors alive and won. All the relics help one way or another you just need to start with the specific ones for the chars you use in PVP. If you get global health but then you also get warrior health relic, your warrior gets double the % of the current level on both. As you go to higher upgrade levels the price gets VERY high...
    Last edited by Bradata; 03-21-2018 at 09:32 PM.
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    I initially focused on toons I like to use in the Arena, strengthening their weaknesses. Used some on global as well. I had a lot of down time the week the relics kicked in, and had already planned to play a lot. The relics were a bonus for me in that regard.

No regrets really, but t’s feeling more like a chore to continue the grind now.

Btw does Shaolinlando ever sleep?
    Maybe he got motivated getting all the relics before everyone or he wants to get as many Eternals as his nemesis jofer