Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Gauntlet speculation

While we continue to wait for this new feature, I’m curious to hear what some of you might think it’ll be. We haven’t gotten much information from NF about it. It’ll be another source of iron coins is about all I know. Which makes me think it’ll be more like pvp than pve.

If that’s the case, I’m thinking it might be something like, your team of four vs a continuous wave of opponent teams with no reset in between. I hope I’m wrong because that doesn’t sound too fun. I like tower events were you get to use your whole roster to progress up the levels.

But I have no idea what they’re planning. Any thoughts?
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    The impression that I got was the ladder. Your entire roster is available, though each character can only be used once.

OS
    Android
    i just started to play marvel strike force, and there is something similar like gauntlet i belive. you play vs a defense of another player and you can use your char only once every 6 hours. if you want to use him sooner, you have to pay ingame currancy. have just played one match since i have only a handfull of chars there, but i'm pretty sure gauntlet will be something like that.

this ladder challenge will be silent planet i belive... check the state of the nation post

"More playable content, in the form of Gauntlet and Silent Planet, is also being developed. The Gauntlet is an exciting new game mode where players can battle through a series of challenges that scale in difficulty during the event period to earn exclusive character and talisman rewards. This new mode will seriously put the breadth and depth of your roster, as well as your team composition skills, to the test as you can't use the same character twice within the challenge period!

Players looking for even greater challenges can test their mettle on the mysterious Silent Planet. Battle your way up a monthly resetting tower with 100 quests and face off against 2 new and fantastic Mega Bosses. Earn highly valuable rewards as well as exclusive character and talisman content."
    http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...t=state+nation

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    What I would like to know is, do dupes count as one character or not. In other words, does it make sense to collect dupes to prepare for Gauntlet?
    Sick-6808

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick View Post
    What I would like to know is, do dupes count as one character or not. In other words, does it make sense to collect dupes to prepare for Gauntlet?
    yep this question is crucial, and it should be doable to answer that from the side of the devs. not sure if they don't know yet or if they don't want to answer it. one sentence would be enough....

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    I am sure I remember somewhere a dev saying that having dupes would serve a purpose somewhere down the road - this was a while back, last year maybe but I am sure I remember one of them saying something along these lines.

EDIT: Just checked the discussion thread on the state of the nation and it was just community speculation their too but it kind of makes sense that if you have strong supes you can use them - guess we will see sometime down the road!
    Last edited by scott-5496; 03-29-2018 at 09:47 AM.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Honestly, I don't like the idea to use my Skill Shards on dupes.
    Sick-6808

OS
    iOS
    Thanks Slauki. Not sure how I missed that one, but it sounds like both will be “tower” like features. Cool, I’m ready for something new, and it’ll be nice to use some of these characters that have been on the bench for so long.

Scott, are you thinking about that post from Lamia back at the beginning? It was the one where people were asking about keeping dupe eddies. If so, I think he/she was referring to sacrifice, but I could be wrong.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFreeze View Post
    Thanks Slauki. Not sure how I missed that one, but it sounds like both will be “tower” like features. Cool, I’m ready for something new, and it’ll be nice to use some of these characters that have been on the bench for so long.

Scott, are you thinking about that post from Lamia back at the beginning? It was the one where people were asking about keeping dupe eddies. If so, I think he/she was referring to sacrifice, but I could be wrong.
    yw man...was also thinking about sacrifice, cannot remember something else...

OS
    iOS
    I’ve been saving some of the better dupes because of this, but I’d prefer not to. Taking up a lot of space even with the expansion to 300. I do have a nice surplus of skill shards but rather not use them on the dupes. At least not on the Eddies that take so many.

Wish the Devs would give us the word on this.

Looking forward to the new content!