Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifelheim View Post
    I believe it's randomized, just other players def lines.
    Perhaps it picks a random selection of characters from a given player to make a team? That's what it's looking like, anyway. There isn't an option to choose a defensive team in the Gauntlet.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvorada View Post
    Gauntlet wasn't supposed to award with frontier coins??

I assume that curent iron coin as reward its just during the beta test, in order to prevent unbalace adventage to the playres select to do the test.
    Iron coins are rewards for completing every battle (i.e. 12 iron coins per battle for 3 sands of war in stage 3), frontier coins would be the ranked reward... the reward you would get at the end depending on your ranking... #1 would get 150 frontier coins #2-10 would get 100 frontier coins and so on...
    "Do you really want to be. Just another one statistic"
    Down Under Clan

OS
    iOS
    I completed this battle at approx 01:08 CDT. (06:08 GMT) and I clearly won, but it just hung at this point.

Name:  Pic4.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  97.0 KB

After about 5 min of waiting it changed to this:

Name:  Pic5.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  113.3 KB

Finally after about 10 min I quit the game and relaunched. It showed that I still have not passed the level:

Name:  Pic6.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  113.4 KB

This sucks because when you lose, your Toons get counted as used. Well, I already lost this board, but got it this time.

These boards can only be played with Warrior or Magus Toons. SOOoooo now I'm not sure I can get past this board right now. (Going to have to work on what's left of the team.)

Anyway, thought I would report.

Thanks!
    Z
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired

OS
    Android
    Hi,

I tried the gauntlet this morning. They fixed a bug already. I cleared the F.

I like it because you have to be very strategic when you are creating your team for each PVP battle.

Your team is cleared when you reach the next level.

Nice new PVP gameplay.

Edit: my concern is that some players have a big advantage because of the skill shard bug during last sacrifice event. With 500 skill shard, you can fully skill all your characters and have strong team for each level of the gauntlet
    Last edited by Banished; 08-02-2018 at 08:15 AM.

OS
    Android
    I like the mode but I just cleared gauntlet B, which is the fifth one. It was pretty easy but it was five battles at five sands of war each battle. That’s 25 sands of war. If these requirements aren’t reduced, it makes it impossible to play in both PVP modes. It’s too time consuming to do both and you have to waste too much ironite for refills. It almost seems intentional to get people to waste their ironite so more money has to be spent to keep up. I know once it’s out of beta we will have two weeks to get to SSS but if the SOW increases continue, it will be like 10 SOW for one battle. So either 10 hours of waiting or 30 ironite per battle which is insane. Don’t get me wrong, I like the new mode and am shocked I was picked for the beta. I’ve been playing since day one and have stuck with it for two years so I’m hopeful they correct the SOW amount at higher tiers cause it’s not worth the reward in my opinion

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by ericgallucci View Post
    I like the mode but I just cleared gauntlet B, which is the fifth one. It was pretty easy but it was five battles at five sands of war each battle. That’s 25 sands of war. If these requirements aren’t reduced, it makes it impossible to play in both PVP modes. It’s too time consuming to do both and you have to waste too much ironite for refills. It almost seems intentional to get people to waste their ironite so more money has to be spent to keep up. I know once it’s out of beta we will have two weeks to get to SSS but if the SOW increases continue, it will be like 10 SOW for one battle. So either 10 hours of waiting or 30 ironite per battle which is insane. Don’t get me wrong, I like the new mode and am shocked I was picked for the beta. I’ve been playing since day one and have stuck with it for two years so I’m hopeful they correct the SOW amount at higher tiers cause it’s not worth the reward in my opinion
    Well spoken. Those are exactly my thoughts. Another option would be to get another currency. Not SOW or SOT, but SOG= Sands of Gauntlet? I sacrificed lots of regular Souls from LoL to get more SOW, but still not enough.
    Pepp-7418, daily player using all troopers daily

OS
    Android
    Well, it is a company that has to do profit and also to pay royalties to Iron Maiden holding. We can complain but it is understandable that they want the players to spend money on their game.

OS
    iOS
    I was gobsmacked when I logged in on my phone earlier and saw I was in the Beta so thanks for that.

I am not into Arena at all so when I saw a few weeks back that Gauntlet was PvP based my heart sunk. However, first impressions are that I really like it. Only done the first 2 levels so far but will look to doing a few more over the next few days. As others have said this is really going to test your roster and make you think about what teams you use. We all have a 1st choice team but you will only be able to use that team once per level. The 3rd level I am on now you can only use Warrior and Magus characters and I know I don't have 12 characters of those classes with full talismans on them so I am going to have to max out a load of talismans or borrow them off other characters.

Two things already said I agree with - I think the SoW requirements are a bit steep and could do with adjusting a bit and everyone who benefitted from the Sacrifice bug will be pissing themselves now at all the Skill Shards they got as they can max out a shit load of characters now. I didn't benefit from that bug and still did really well out of it so god knows how many SS players who did benefit are sat on!! That isn't a moan by the way - more an observation
    Game ID: Andy-4743

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamuz24z View Post
    Thanks! Looks great.
    desprezo-9297, daily player using all troopers daily

Having now received beta access on my Ipad, I can agree with this. It is certainly a fun mode and I like the challenge of having to use different characters to fulfill objectives, however the Sands of War requirement for each battle is going to be cost prohibitive for the average player. SoW really needs to recharge faster, reward more SoW/have a higher cap, and the scaling cost for these battles needs to be reduced. Otherwise it further cements a pay-to-win strategy for the player, which is a definite turn off.