Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

sudden, big drop in arena points

At 7 pm I collected my rewards for being at duelist II. I was around 1780 in points. A couple hours later, I checked the arena. I had 4 defense battles in that time period ( 2 wins and 2 losses).
    I checked my arena points and I am back down around 1450.
    What the H•••?!?

This is not fair.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayn13 View Post
    At 7 pm I collected my rewards for being at duelist II. I was around 1780 in points. A couple hours later, I checked the arena. I had 4 defense battles in that time period ( 2 wins and 2 losses).
    I checked my arena points and I am back down around 1450.
    What the H•••?!?

This is not fair.
    Arena points reset to a specific number depending on how many you have when the Saturday reset occurs. For example if you have over 2000 it will reset to 1900, if you have 1900 it will set to around 1700 and so on. This is really just so that who has like 7000 doesn't still have 7000, it would go down to 1900.

So yeah it is fair
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    Explain the reason behind this please. Is it to even out those who choose pay to play and keep refilling sands of war?
    Last edited by Rayn13; 12-31-2017 at 03:20 AM.

OS
    Android
    Explain the reason behind this please. Is it to even out those who choose pay to play and keep refilling sands of war?
    How about, it rewards those who put the effort in to climb to the upper tiers. Still get points dropped down at reset, but have a little bit of a head start.

It doesn't necessarily reward paying players over free-play players. Once you climb to a higher tier, it is easier to remain on that tier. Only really need to spend ironite if you want the upper spots. Top 100 with only free Sow is very doable.

OS
    iOS
    I just think it is a big drop for as little amounts of war sands we get.

OS
    Android
    I just think it is a big drop for as little amounts of war sands we get.
    You get 189 Sow per week (counting the ones rewarded for daily tasks). That alone can keep you in top 100. Clear a list and get 2 free Sow. So, you can stretch that to 200 easy.

Need more, sacrifice a lot of regular souls. Biggest thing is you need a decent defense, and a very good offense. I finished the week at a little over 5,000 points but get dropped to 1900 at reset. So, you're complaining that you lost 300 points at reset? I lost 3,000. Which means you effectively got a 2700 point gain. You're going to complain about that?
    Last edited by Askora; 12-31-2017 at 04:28 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Because there has to be a deduction, that means it is a flawed system. Just make everyone’s points reset at 0 at the start of each month. That would be fair for everyone.

OS
    Android
    Because there has to be a deduction, that means it is a flawed system. Just make everyone’s points reset at 0 at the start of each month. That would be fair for everyone.
    That would be pretty brutal if it were like that, especially since to get any kind of decent reward your points must be at least 1500. Having everybody forced to start at Zero would create even more outrage and you'll likely lose more ironite just trying to climb up to Duelist.

No worry's though, once you get a good enough team you'll find that staying in Duelist I is the easiest thing you'll ever do. Like Askora said, as long as you have a good defense and offensive team, you can easily make the top 100 without spending any money, and even if you don't, as long as your points are over 1900, you will have the same amount as EVERYONE else who had over 1900 points. That's a couple thousand players right there.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    Of course the reward level would also have to be changed. The way it is now is like having an auto race with some drivers getting a 10 lap lead from the get go.

OS
    Android
    Of course the reward level would also have to be changed. The way it is now is like having an auto race with some drivers getting a 10 lap lead from the get go.
    It's been a while since I've kept up with racing, but when I did it seemed to favor top drivers. Qualifying determines starting position. In a cup series, the top drivers are the ones who have the greatest chance of winning the cup.

What you're suggesting is that players who put in a failing effort, little effort or absolutely no effort each week should have the same chances at eternal as those who do make the effort. How is that a fair system?