OS
    Android

Need help progressing to 5* characters

Hello everyone, this probably sounds kinda dumb and maybe has been answered already but where the hell do I find 3* colored evo shards to upgrade my characters to level 5? All of my characters are still 4* and I can't get them anywhere.

The highest my team setup can go is LoL VII, Heart of Darkness(Battlefield Madness), and Souls of the dead(Underworld Hard). That's like where I hit the wall currently and can't beat those levels at all with my setup(maybe with the help of some good trooper friends).

How do you guys suggest I progress further in the game? I currently have 4*runes on all of my main setup chars at around level 30/40.

Do I need to evolve all of my runes to max 5* (I can do this currently but don't have the xp runes)?

Also my current team setup is SoL eddie, Normal Eddie, Green bat(blocking/tank), and pharaoh dog(heal+magic). I also have soldier eddie but is he good for me to use? I don't know what talismans to put on him. Also if you guys have the time or want to help if you could look at my team ingame and suggest what I should move around perhaps would be greatly appreciated

So far it looks like you guys are saying to mainly upgrade my talismans to max then grinding out LoL. I'll try that out for a week or two and see if I can progress any better.

treeb0mbb-9454
    Last edited by treeb0mbb; 01-25-2017 at 11:55 PM.

OS
    Android
    The only place you will find them is in LOL level 7-10 or on occasion you will get them in the higher secret locations. If level 7 is the highest you can go you should get one about ever 10 runs. Percentage goes up as you go higher.

Also on your guys, the soldier eddie is probably your best bet when you don't have maxed allies. He is the do it all kind of guy and many people finished the game with him before they got any of the rarer guys.
    Last edited by Shifter; 01-25-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    Thursty-1116

OS
    Android
    All right, let's do this piece by piece:

1. Do you mean rainbow 3* evo shards or colored 3* evo shards? I know for certain the rainbow ones drop on Underworld Madness (not that it helps you much) but I can't remember if they drop anywhere else. As for colored 3* evo shards, they drop in the LoL dungeon levels 7-10, according to their color. And occasionally you'll get a rainbow rune there too. They also drop on some of the higher Secret Locations (definitely Endless Rain Madness and Light Bringer Hard and Madness, can't remember what else).

2. Level up your Talismans. I was already scrambling to get my Talismans to lv40 (4*) when I did Underworld Normal. Definitely get those maxed out as soon as you can. They are your biggest catalyst for success. I recommend you upgrade as many Talismans to 5* as you can. For reference, at lv 17, 5* Talismans offer better stat improvements than 4* lv 40 Talismans, so get as many as you can to at least that level.

3. Looks like a very support oriented team there. Soldier Eddie is another good supporter. He does AoE damage, has a heal, and his Fury brings a ton of buffs to your side. He's definitely not as good as he used to be yet I still use him for grinding (without Skill Shards) on Game of Death Madness. My Talisman recommendations for him are 2 Strength Talismans (Fierce/Safeguard) and 4 Boost Talismans (Will). His damage won't be the best, but he'll give you buff-heavy Furies fast. 4 yellow Talismans also give him a fair bit of health.

4. EDIT: The account name you posted is missing a 'b'. Was a bit difficult finding you. Team&Talisman recs follow:

5. Talisman choices look pretty decent honestly. I see you have a Hell Hound and Rocket Dog (and Golden Son). You could easily do a red team headed by Soldier Eddie I think. Those 3 have good synergy with each other. Assassin Corrupt Rescuer might also work nicely with your Pharaoh Dog.

Hope this helps a little bit.
    Last edited by Kardas; 01-25-2017 at 11:49 PM.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifter View Post
    The only place you will find them is in LOL level 7-10 or on occasion you will get them in the higher secret locations. If level 7 is the highest you can go you should get one about ever 10 runs. Percentage goes up as you go higher.
    Alright so to get colored 3* just grind on LoL then I'll play there a lot. Thanks
    Also on your guys, the soldier eddie is probably your best bet when you don't have maxed allies. He is the do it all kind of guy and many people finished the game with him before they got any of the rarer guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post

1. Do you mean rainbow 3* evo shards or colored 3* evo shards? I know for certain the rainbow ones drop on Underworld Madness (not that it helps you much) but I can't remember if they drop anywhere else. As for colored 3* evo shards, they drop in the LoL dungeon levels 7-10, according to their color. And occasionally you'll get a rainbow rune there too. They also drop on some of the higher Secret Locations (definitely Endless Rain Madness and Light Bringer Hard and Madness, can't remember what else).

2. Level up your Talismans. I was already scrambling to get my Talismans to lv40 (4*) when I did Underworld Normal. Definitely get those maxed out as soon as you can. They are your biggest catalyst for success. I recommend you upgrade as many Talismans to 5* as you can. For reference, at lv 17, 5* Talismans offer better stat improvements than 4* lv 40 Talismans, so get as many as you can to at least that level.

3. Looks like a very support oriented team there. Soldier Eddie is another good supporter. He does AoE damage, has a heal, and his Fury brings a ton of buffs to your side. He's definitely not as good as he used to be yet I still use him for grinding (without Skill Shards) on Game of Death Madness. My Talisman recommendations for him are 2 Strength Talismans (Fierce/Safeguard) and 4 Boost Talismans (Will). His damage won't be the best, but he'll give you buff-heavy Furies fast. 4 yellow Talismans also give him a fair bit of health.

4. EDIT: The account name you posted is missing a 'b'. Was a bit difficult finding you. Will update post in a bit for Talisman recs.

Thanks for all the advice man. Sorry for not spelling my name correctly also didn't see the typo's. Also I am mainly looking for colored 3* shards as I have a decent amount of rainbow 3* ones as that's what basically only drops for me at LoL 7 and other crap.

I guess my plan will be to just need to try and my max out my runes for now mostly then keep on grinding LoL. Thank you for the input guys

OS
    Android

4. EDIT: The account name you posted is missing a 'b'. Was a bit difficult finding you. Team&Talisman recs follow:

5. Talisman choices look pretty decent honestly. I see you have a Hell Hound and Rocket Dog (and Golden Son). You could easily do a red team headed by Soldier Eddie I think. Those 3 have good synergy with each other. Assassin Corrupt Rescuer might also work nicely with your Pharaoh Dog.

I see so do you think I could perhaps switch out the green bat or dog for hellhound? I like him cause of his attacking all enemies damage. Also how do you suggest I use the Assassin Corrupt Rescuer as I just got him today and don't know what talismans/or what role he should be in.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by treeb0mbb View Post
    I see so do you think I could perhaps switch out the green bat or dog for hellhound? I like him cause of his attacking all enemies damage. Also how do you suggest I use the Assassin Corrupt Rescuer as I just got him today and don't know what talismans/or what role he should be in.
    I have neither the Hell Hound nor Assassin Corrupt Rescuer but I'll try my best here. I don't know what your tactics are when playing levels but I assume it's very defensively focused? Considering all damage ends up on your green bat, but you have two very powerful heals on your team he turns out okay? Still, I'm not sure the green bat is all that handy going through the campaigns considering his single target damage. Sure, Pharaoh Dog has that too, but Pharaoh's Curse makes up for that. Personally I'd say swap out the green bat, but again, IDK your strategy.

Both Hell Hound and Assassin CR deal AoE damage. Hell Hound has a phenomenal Passive, but his heal feels like overkill on your heal-heavy team, and the ATK bonus he gives is wasted. As for the Assassin CR, she's also got AoE damage, another great Passive, and an ability that will be an absolute killer against bosses. For her Talisman recs, I'm guessing 3 Freeze Talismans, 2 Holy Talismans and a green Ward Talisman is a good loadout for her. Make sure you keep the balance between Arcane and Power roughly equal. This will give her some crowd-control with the Freeze, good damage, and a fair bit of health.

Final note: checking the 'Compilation of maxed characters' thread is a great way to get inspiration for Talisman loadouts and character use because it's all in one place.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    I have neither the Hell Hound nor Assassin Corrupt Rescuer but I'll try my best here. I don't know what your tactics are when playing levels but I assume it's very defensively focused? Considering all damage ends up on your green bat, but you have two very powerful heals on your team he turns out okay? Still, I'm not sure the green bat is all that handy going through the campaigns considering his single target damage. Sure, Pharaoh Dog has that too, but Pharaoh's Curse makes up for that. Personally I'd say swap out the green bat, but again, IDK your strategy.

Both Hell Hound and Assassin CR deal AoE damage. Hell Hound has a phenomenal Passive, but his heal feels like overkill on your heal-heavy team, and the ATK bonus he gives is wasted. As for the Assassin CR, she's also got AoE damage, another great Passive, and an ability that will be an absolute killer against bosses. For her Talisman recs, I'm guessing 3 Freeze Talismans, 2 Holy Talismans and a green Ward Talisman is a good loadout for her. Make sure you keep the balance between Arcane and Power roughly equal. This will give her some crowd-control with the Freeze, good damage, and a fair bit of health.

Final note: checking the 'Compilation of maxed characters' thread is a great way to get inspiration for Talisman loadouts and character use because it's all in one place.
    I usually just try to play like my initial strategy back in the lower levels was just to survive as much so I used green bat to block all damage then pharoah to heal if anyone gets low. Then use whatever my eddie is to do all the rest of the damage+the other troops. Ill try to experiment a bit with other troops really like hellhound also because of his AoE and not bad attack damage. And try out Assassin CR as well experiment with her.

But yea basically my strat is try to attack with all my troops first, then have green bat block damage(usually dies a lot or gets low health), so then I heal with either SoL or pharoah (I personally like SoL a bit more right now because he heals more), and attack again I guess lol. Don't really have that strong of a tactic but that's what I do.

Should I use some other tactic perhaps? I can take out green bat and put in hellhound I guess to get more damage and stuff, I'll see and perhaps try to mix it up a bit. Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by treeb0mbb; 01-26-2017 at 04:31 AM.

Senior Member Schadenfreud-0217's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Pseudo quote from patch notes:
    LoL dungeons have an increased chance to drop Evo shards. Dungeons 7-10 drop 3* shards (colorless and the type you're fighting), LoL 10 has an increased chance to drop class specific shards.
    Schadenfreud-0217

Maxed Champions:
    Speed of Light Eddie (Magus)
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Magus)
    Soldier Eddie (Gunner)
    The Nomad (Warrior)
    Angel of Fear (Warrior)
    Child of the Damned (Gunner)
    Child of the Damned (Assassin)
    Allied Soldier (Magus)
    Soulless Demon (Sentinel)

Using CotD as leader, if you want me to switch to any of the others, or just have questions towards me in general, feel free to P.M. me.