Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    See - more speculation. While you dismissed them, that Prisoner team with three Ox Cultists beat me at least once daily, taking my Defensive Hold percentage from 99.6% all the way down to 99.2%.

Infuriating...
    LOL,haven't seen that 1 yet. Try BadTaste,lmao
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    i'm very sure the list is bugged to his favor, since i have read it multiple times, that he is not appearing on lists very often (maximum once to me, not sure if he ever showed up). another example: my first account got attacked 308 times the last week, my 2nd account 6(six) times, even if he is much worse... so i think this is another bug, but for sure it's also another speculation :P
    Interesting point - that we are all not on attack lists equally - that some of us appear more than others. I must confess he's almost never on my list either...

Because it really made no sense. Statistically, if you attack more you should have more revenges. His offensive attacks were over mine significantly so right there he should have had more attacks on him than I did from revenging opponents. And if anything a Prisoner should REDUCE the number of attacks and revenges I get.

Just more mystery in the magical world of (supposed) RNG...
    Last edited by Nicko; 02-19-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    And to add to that thought - a potentially uneven distribution on the attack lists is likely a bigger issue than the Prisoner. Because Prisoner or no Prisoner, you're defense will likely win at best about 40% of the time. And you take a big hit with each defensive loss. This is an important topic.

I'd love to hear Sparton comment on this. Obviously all conspiracy theory stuff, and maybe people just like Felice more than me so they attack him less, but those ratios made absolutely no sense.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    And to add to that thought - a potentially uneven distribution on the attack lists is likely a bigger issue than the Prisoner. Because Prisoner or no Prisoner, you're defense will likely win at best about 40% of the time. And you take a big hit with each defensive loss. This is an important topic.

I'd love to hear Sparton comment on this. Obviously all conspiracy theory stuff, and maybe people just like Felice more than me so they attack him less, but those ratios made absolutely no sense.
    True,u r a bit of an ass! J/K. Nicko-The Voice of Reason. Maybe u should run for Prez!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

OS
    iOS
    Yeah, Badtastes team is fun. Tauntfest.

I still went for it.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by CanyptianFit View Post
    Yeah, Badtastes team is fun. Tauntfest.

I still went for it.
    Just gotta go 1st. So much still hinges on that. Too much. More than 1 of those double SSD teams out there too
    Last edited by Silentknight; 02-19-2017 at 10:57 PM.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

Interesting point - that we are all not on attack lists equally - that some of us appear more than others. I must confess he's almost never on my list either...
    One thing most people don't mention when they're attacked infrequently is what rank they are... except that one guy who mentioned he wasn't ranked super high earlier in this thread.

With more players playing, it's a lot more likely you'll have people near your rank and near your strength to fight in the attack tab, which our matchmaking tries to match people up for. There's still oddities with how the matchmaking tries to accomplish that, sure, but that is nonetheless happening more often now.

Because it really made no sense. Statistically, if you attack more you should have more revenges. His offensive attacks were over mine significantly so right there he should have had more attacks on him than I did from revenging opponents. And if anything a Prisoner should REDUCE the number of attacks and revenges I get.
    To a point. Remember, we capped the amount of revenges you can do, so some people probably have different criteria for who they want to revenge. Some people go after those they have a grunge with, others those they feel they're likely to beat, others only against people they've held against...

I'm still delving into the arcana of matchmaking to find ways to improve it, but not everyone attacks everyone else. We've already seen a bit of a division between those who're happy to refresh to get more solid opponents and those who fight to clear lists for the freebie sands.

Obviously all conspiracy theory stuff, and maybe people just like Felice more than me so they attack him less, [...]
    Well, we've already seen some rivalry stuff in this thread, so maybe that's more widespread than we think.

OS
    Android

We should blame ourselves first

Hi guys, here it goes as promised, sorry for the late reply, trying to get my personal life in order now.

About Ironite, time spent and stats
    It was a 2000 point run on Saturday and a 1000 point run on Friday. It took me the whole day Saturday and all night Friday. I attacked 638 times during the week, my win rate was 89%. My defense win rate was 23% with 141 attacks to it.
    I started the week with 2350 ironite, finished with 1450. (Iīm still missing the rewards, so it will be 1700 once that is corrected) So, less Ironite than one could imagine. And Iīve been over 2000 Ironite since Arena beta started, without purchases on the game.

About tactics
    The point system sucks, and it sucks 10x more when you are above the top 10. So for now I think tīs better to stay low during the week, save my Ironite and make a run on Saturday. Always did that during beta and was always on the mix for the top 5 or the top 10.
    When you make a run, you have to play it fast, clear your list, all of it, and move on. So you need a reliable attack system that makes you win above 90% of battles, FAST.
    Others make runs early on the week, built a lead so large that disencourage people to chase them. My defense is not good enough for this strategy, plus the fun for me is on those Saturdays battles.
    I donīt care much about revenge, during the week I only revenge people on higher divisions for the points, or people I know my defense gives them trouble

About the Run and why I did it
    I always thought about it during beta. I always wanted to battle for n1 and also make a statement that no Prisoner was needed to make a run for it, but I felt I did not had the tools to go for it. Arena went live just about the time I finished building my SSD, so I thought I was ready.
    On Friday I was stuck around 2500 points and ready to make a post saying that I could not go after Nicko and Jofer because I needed a Prisoner for it. I always thought otherwise and I was very frustrated and ready to throw in the towel.
    Then I though maybe I was just too hanged on playing the game the same way I was before the update. And later in the day I had like an “I see the Matrix” kind of a moment. It just clicked, I started rotating more Champions and all of a sudden I started climbing really fast towards Nicko and Jofer. It felt awesome! I hope I get this felling once more down the road.

So, is The Prisoner OP?
    Donīt know how life is with The Prisoner. Maybe he is that extra edge I need to play faster, to rotate with less champions, or make my defense better. But then again, maybe the answer is already on my inventory and I just need to take a further look into it and how Iīm playing. For instance, I have to find a way around Prisoner teams in a faster way, AoS is too low on damage so matches take forever, I often get the draw option.
    Jofer certainly played faster than me, It felt like he was toying with me anytime I got close, but blaming it on not having The Prisoner is wrong. Jofer was better, period. Others have Prisoners and could not match him either.
    I wish that everybody got the same toons if they work hard enough, hope we are going that way with sacrifice. But one thing I learned in life is that we tend to blame our mistakes on what we donīt have, and other people. The key to the top is hard work and constant revision and testing.

And Finally, about Arena
    The point system + Ironite to play is bad, I made it this far without spending money to play, but I donīt know if that is going to be possible with lot more people on the Arena.
    I believe only 2 or 3 refills a day should count for the rankings, and then the last hours of Saturdayīs should be an all out war battle for the prizes. Thatīs what gets people hooked!
    New Guy x Guy with no Prisoner, that is just gold!
    I think the future is somehow to broadcast the action on Saturday, Iīd love to watch some matches too. Itīs fun just watching the board changes. Imagine if we could see the live action. Maybe we are very far away from this, but this should be the goal in my opinion.
    And then maybe they can get some advertising, charge us less in the store and made the game more accessible and fun for larger audience...

Thatīs it. Thanks again Jofer for that battle.

Best
    Gmac
    Last edited by gmac; 02-19-2017 at 11:36 PM.

OS
    Android
    With more players playing, it's a lot more likely you'll have people near your rank and near your strength to fight in the attack tab, which our matchmaking tries to match people up for. There's still oddities with how the matchmaking tries to accomplish that, sure, but that is nonetheless happening more often now.
    Really? Whole day yesterday, one and one only guy on my list was over 1700, with 1706 to be exact. Every other had 1600<x<1700. Every. Single. One. And i was at 1800-900 whole day. And how convenient it was on Saturday and not some other day. Should I "build better defense" to get better list?

OS
    Android
    Lists have more variety but Nicko & Shaolinlondo are usually pretty close (top 5) and I'm usually between 10-15. Yet since this started,beta included,there's a huge difference between appearances. I mean 5 to a couple hundred! Today,Nicko 8+x,Shaolinlondo 0!l
    Last edited by Silentknight; 02-20-2017 at 02:56 AM.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach