Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Will be at the show in Mansfield, MA on July 19. Will probably take the day off to have some tailgating fun before the show.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    iOS
    Leaving for Bristow now.

North American opening night!

OS
    iOS
    I am so jealous that you guys in North America get to see them again so soon. Would have loved them to come back to Australia too.

Hope everyone who goes to see them again has a great time
    Game ID: Andy-4743

OS
    iOS
    Enjoy the show, RCarter...I'm off to Charlotte NC next Friday for the show. Hope to meet up with Chaosego888.

Heading for the Ardbeg Kelpie Launch now in a bit at a local bar...fun times this weekend and the next, oh yea!

OS
    Android
    Wish I could make it to see them this year, but not going to happen. Last show I saw was in Albuquerque on Maiden England tour. Outdoor stage, sleeting before the show. Bruce had a blast running and sliding across the stage.

Saw them on Somewhere in Time and Powerslave tours as well. They're f*cking amazing in concert. My all time favorite band to see.

Enjoy the show and know that a lot of us are jealous.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Coletrain View Post
    If you've seen them, what time about did the concert end? I'm trying to plan transportation since they're not coming to my city and I'm weighing my options depending on when the concert ends.
    Great show last night! Rolled into bed about 3am a little road weary, but satisfied.

Ghost hit the stage promptly at 730, so dont think you have any extra time to get to your seats if you want to catch their set. They played for just about 45 minutes. They were a terrific match. Couldnt tell you the names of any two of their songs, but loved what I heard last night. Great band.

A schedule at the venue said that Maiden would take the stage at 850, and right at 850 Maiden walked on stage. Just short of two face meltingly bad ass hours later, they walked off stage at 1045.

Not gonna go into detail about the show. The band was tight, the crowd was hype, the setlist rocked (holy shit does Speed of Light rock live!), and met some of the nicest folks preshow in the parking lot. Everything you would expect in an Iron Maiden show!

I hope that I dont have to go another 30 years before the stars line up to see them again!

OS
    iOS
    I see them in two weeks. Have seen them a lot and every time they deliver an amazing performance.

I'm really looking forward to Ghost - first time seeing them but I've seen videos. I'd call them more pop theater than metal - their songs are really catchy and their stage show looks like something out of a cheesy 60s satanic cult movie.

Less than two weeks...
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by RCarter View Post
    Great show last night! Rolled into bed about 3am a little road weary, but satisfied.

Ghost hit the stage promptly at 730, so dont think you have any extra time to get to your seats if you want to catch their set. They played for just about 45 minutes. They were a terrific match. Couldnt tell you the names of any two of their songs, but loved what I heard last night. Great band.

A schedule at the venue said that Maiden would take the stage at 850, and right at 850 Maiden walked on stage. Just short of two face meltingly bad ass hours later, they walked off stage at 1045.

Not gonna go into detail about the show. The band was tight, the crowd was hype, the setlist rocked (holy shit does Speed of Light rock live!), and met some of the nicest folks preshow in the parking lot. Everything you would expect in an Iron Maiden show!

I hope that I dont have to go another 30 years before the stars line up to see them again!
    Nice writeup! Glad you had a good time. I see them in Chicago in a couple weeks. It will be the second time Ive seen them at this venue (7th time overall). Last time (2012) it was 106 degrees and the medics were carting ppl out who were dumb enough to drink beer in that heat. It was still an epic show and I was blown away how good opening act Alice Cooper was but Im Hoping its no where near that hot again.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazypants View Post
    Nice writeup! Glad you had a good time. I see them in Chicago in a couple weeks. It will be the second time Ive seen them at this venue (7th time overall). Last time (2012) it was 106 degrees and the medics were carting ppl out who were dumb enough to drink beer in that heat. It was still an epic show and I was blown away how good opening act Alice Cooper was but Im Hoping its no where near that hot again.
    I was at that show! Was supposed to be in the pit and injured my leg so they seated us in a special section and was really glad - it looked brutal down there in that heat!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    I'm really looking forward to Ghost - first time seeing them but I've seen videos. I'd call them more pop theater than metal - their songs are really catchy and their stage show looks like something out of a cheesy 60s satanic cult movie.
    Spot on with the pop theater tag. They definitely are working a formula with their schtick. The Pope -or whatever he calls himself- did a great job working the crowd. I found the theater element really played nicely to building up to the Maiden set, which had quite the theater element itself.

They are totally worth being on time to see.