Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Grats Kamuz & Carlos! Awesome race guys!!! The lengths some players will go 2 continues 2 amaze me!
    Glad ur back Nicko, nothin personal mjm, u did great but this just feels 'right'. Least u know mjm's got ur back Nicko!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    Yes, I've been thinking about this idea lately. PvP by definition facilitates info sharing, and people tend to mimic things quickly. I wonder if there are other toons sitting out there on everyone's bench who would be amazing right now but they just haven't been invested in, especially given the scarcity of skill shards.
    I've spent a lot of time on this, and can say pretty confidently that the answer is no. I've sunk skill shards in many oddballs that "should" be hidden gems, like the Assassin Troll, who's passive is supposed to increase the chances of your effects triggering. But it doesn't work like it's supposed to!

Then you have the SSD, who STILL taunts over 50% of the enemy every time and gets it's counter attack every f'ing time. It's these toons that are the 'hidden' gems, the ones that the devs have souped up, and work more than their moves indicate. That's why you see them everywhere. This community does find these toons on the bench, and they get put into play, then copied to every other defense.

There are a lot of great toons on paper - but the AI is programmed to make them shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    I have many 5* Eddies – and right now I use one. There’s something wrong with that.

Forum members have said on another thread “Please don’t nerf VHE – he’s too much fun – make the other Eddies better”
    100% agree. I tried combos of these new talismans on my other Eddies, like Viking, Shaman, Rainmaker... they can't be made useful when compared to others. They just lose too damn often. I don't mind VHE's power, but buff some of these others.
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    Android
    I'll agree with the lot who are saying instead of nerfing the fun toons, we should buff the other ones, that way you don't see the same 4 characters in every other team. There's almost 200 characters in this entire game and if only about 5 or 6 of those characters are even worth being useful, then dude we got a problem. Not to mention, the current stars of the game aren't exactly easy to come by for the average player, from crafting the kind of characters other people use, so far I have the SSD and warrior undead rescuer, but Wrath is my last missing eternal, therefore he'll be the hardest for me to get, and VHE is among the most difficult to find. I can't imagine the frustration that the higher ranked players get when someone in their team gets nerfed and then the entire team loses their structure, like investing months of skill shards into one team only to have their moves not work like they used to? Man, all that build up for nothing, that's not how you keep someone happy and wanting to continue their game. The whole time I've played this game I've always been able to see the good in the things they do for us, but this time around, there's no way of seeing this as anything more than a total failure.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    I'll agree with the lot who are saying instead of nerfing the fun toons, we should buff the other ones, that way you don't see the same 4 characters in every other team. There's almost 200 characters in this entire game and if only about 5 or 6 of those characters are even worth being useful, then dude we got a problem. Not to mention, the current stars of the game aren't exactly easy to come by for the average player, from crafting the kind of characters other people use, so far I have the SSD and warrior undead rescuer, but Wrath is my last missing eternal, therefore he'll be the hardest for me to get, and VHE is among the most difficult to find. I can't imagine the frustration that the higher ranked players get when someone in their team gets nerfed and then the entire team loses their structure, like investing months of skill shards into one team only to have their moves not work like they used to? Man, all that build up for nothing, that's not how you keep someone happy and wanting to continue their game. The whole time I've played this game I've always been able to see the good in the things they do for us, but this time around, there's no way of seeing this as anything more than a total failure.
    Absolutely.

Some characters *should* be objectively better than others, but a PVP defense team should not be. Analyze what makes the "best" PVP defense/offense teams work. Look at the characters and their abilities. See what other toons have them but are not used - start by buffing those. Look at other toons that are not used in PVP or are underused with different abilities. Maybe alter the effectiveness of those abilities until they see some use. Not every toon has to compete or eclipse the "best" char or even fight for a spot in the top defense, but there absolutely needs to be variation at all levels of PVP. Low to mid level should see wide variation of both offense and defense, and top tier should see some variation, instead of none.

Final edit: When the "best" defense is made up of hard-to-acquire characters with no variation, it rewards both those who put the time and effort in and got lucky with their RNG pulls. I'm sure some longtime players are still short either VHE or Wrath to compete at that high tier.
    Last edited by bort; 09-04-2017 at 07:36 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    If ur lookin 4 stats check my roster...all basics maxed
    Impressive achievement! I'll take a look.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by bort View Post
    Final edit: When the "best" defense is made up of hard-to-acquire characters with no variation, it rewards both those who put the time and effort in and got lucky with their RNG pulls. I'm sure some longtime players are still short either VHE or Wrath to compete at that high tier.
    Well, I am in the game since last November and I lack Wrath, VHE and red flappy Batty. So imagine my defense stats
    Inishmore-8627

OS
    Android
    Gratz Carlos for the eternal, always enjoy it when a trooper wins and especially when it is a great guy like you. Back when i started playing and i was struggling in arena Carlos pmed me and gave me advices without me asking for them.
    Offcourse i want to say gratz to Kamuz for the second place too.
    You guys really gave a great show this week, simply fantastic both of you. I wasn't around when arena was launched and i didn't witness the fight between Nicko, Jofer and gmac so this is by far the best race since i started playing.
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

VHE with immortality can be beat by gunner golden son.
    SSD can be finished quick with a few options like nomad, red bat

I don't think mummy was ever nerfed, but seems not as popular now

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifelheim View Post
    I don't think mummy was ever nerfed, but seems not as popular now
    Definitely nerfed! Taunt % reduced. Way back when Mummy, SSD were as popular as VHE & immortality
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    iOS
    Game is unplayable right now. Every time a frozen character with immortal talismans gets killed all the buttons go missing. This shit must be what all the android users deal with all the te.