Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post
    P.S: Might be my luck but in the last couple of weeks I really don't get great loot from secret locations anymore. Not even from the Madness ones in Underworld (Hard as well) and Battlefield.
    I'd been feeling that way too, but over the last 2 days I got 3 or 4 rare souls from secret locations. Although as this thread shows, there's not a lot to be excited about from rare souls.
    Arcturus-1987

OS
    Android
    It's almost like the pulls are based on some random number generator...

I wonder whether some of the folks on this forum know what "Random" means.

There are a lot of 3* and above characters. Every time you open a soul you have the exact same percent chance to get each character - the game doesn't care if you have 10 of that character already, or none. The chances are not dependent on your inventory. Is this a good system? Not if you want to collect everything and not if you are after one particular took out of 80+ possible.

Personally I enjoy the game despite the bugs and the Nerf's. I have bought some ironite to support the devs, so I have spent around the price of one new PC game which I think is fair. But I would never buy much more than that because I realise that to buy yourself the characters you want is overpriced under the current system.

I have never had AG, CG, half the Eddies, and several other "decent" ones. I get cultists with every pull it feels like. But that's just how it is.
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    It's almost like the pulls are based on some random number generator...
    This made me chuckle.

But seriously, there's a difference between complaining that you aren't getting the souls you want (or are getting dupes) due to bad RNG, versus wondering if the RNG odds have changed recently, which does happen occasionally. Far too much of the former on the forums, though (particularly this thread).
    Arcturus-1987

OS
    Android
    Not gonna mention how many souls I've opened trying to get that damn CG to drop.... it's not happening! What I will say, (besides feeling it should be a crime when you get a duplicate character from a Legendary Soul!?) is that a simple tweak is definitely in order! I don't know just how easy it would be but something tells me that it's as simple as the devs pushing a few buttons and maybe working some long division on the weekends to give us this solution; when you obtain a soul of any type through any method, the system reads your character inventory and greatly lowers the chances of duplicate characters. The main reason being is that once I get a new char, it seems I also get a higher probability of summoning duplicates of the same char and that is a major problem I think we can all agree, needs to be fixed. It's literally the bug everyone minds that never gets fixed! Well its just a thought anyway, but a fix that you devs should try putting in your computer!
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdeviations View Post
    i thought i would wait a bit and open some souls when the event comes out. right now i opened 45 green souls 43 rare souls and 16 christmas souls and 2 legend souls.
    i got 1 5* character - magus dog king, completely useless not to mention my 2nd one. never used the first one either.
    rest all dupes. or useless christmas dogs. i ended up selling 90 of them. let me say that again .. 90 sold and out of over a 100 souls i get 1 5* dog. absolutely horrible.
    i thoguht i d get the red troll at least cause he is a 4* ... but no.
    sometimes i think your system knows what characters the player wants and never gives it to them. it just seems rigged.
    i have spent some money in the past - like 150 bucks + or so. this time around i did nt i just accumulated a lot over time. and good thing i did nt spend any money - just look at the results. lol
    i m so pissed that i m laughing.
    i know you guys are working hard but this is such a mindless cash grab system. this entire system of chance is just making fools of your userbase.
    you lost a paying customer - you aint getting a single penny from me.
    merry christmas
    I agree .... I mean I have 3 pharaoh king dog....and yesterday I change my irontes 20 christmas rare souls.... and guess...... YES only one 5 star ,,, and it was ???!?!?!?! YESSSSSS another pharaoh king dog.... so now I have 4 , and no other 5 star ally ..,,, well only the ones that I could evolue...
    Anyway, I think the guys will fix this BIG bug that is the "lucky" on open a soul.... lol....
    Well Merry Christmas for all !!! and UP the Iron !!!!

ehm,
    just a question to understand something, because I see a lot of people storing souls not because they lack inventory slots but because they think with a future update their loots will be improved. And I'm confused.
    I thought that the outcome of a soul/rare soul/blah blah is determined the time you drop/buy it. No matter how many times for example you open it, if you force close and restart and re-open it it will always be the same character. The same applies for the time you buy it, for example if you bought a rare soul 4 months ago it wont have chances to drop something from the current "x-mas event". Is it correct or i'm terribly mistaken?
    Atheist-5225
    Daily Player - Using all my troopers.... Sharing a powerful Nomad! and more.... but my Nomad is the best!
    Add me now!!!! (....if you want.... :P )

well, i regulary spend money on th game as well, guess what, 0 5* chars from souls so far xDD
    "Undercover of the veil of your disguise
    The men that fear you are the ones that you despise
    No one's certain what you future will behold
    You're a legend you own story will be told"

floki-4148

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
    I thought that the outcome of a soul/rare soul/blah blah is determined the time you drop/buy it. No matter how many times for example you open it, if you force close and restart and re-open it it will always be the same character. The same applies for the time you buy it, for example if you bought a rare soul 4 months ago it wont have chances to drop something from the current "x-mas event". Is it correct or i'm terribly mistaken?
    You are 100% correct... the character is decided the moment you obtain it. It will always be what it is no matter how long you have it or how many times you force close the game to try and "change" your luck
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    You are 100% correct... the character is decided the moment you obtain it. It will always be what it is no matter how long you have it or how many times you force close the game to try and "change" your luck
    Wrong... It is decided when you open them and not obtain.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    No, you are not correct. The character is decided the moment you opened it. But before you see the character it's stored on server, so if you force close the game you get the same character. Today I've opened a stack of normal souls just after the update and got 2 new characters from the event.