Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    What is the X stand for in talismans?

OS
    Android
    Anyone seeing some of the top teams switching out one of the characters and adding killer prime or assassin banshee or ferryman? I'm about to give up on ever trying to reach warlord to get the achievement. All the top teams have certain characters and if you don't have them you don't stand a chance. And we all know what those characters are . I've got well over 2500 points and am only rank 474. I think I'm going back down to 1 arena battle per day.

OS
    iOS
    still didn't see someone with ferryman in pvp,also i still don't have Killer Prime

OS
    Android
    I saw a ferryman on a team by a trooper called Patrice.
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    iOS
    Ferryman is on ROBERTA too, teamed with Soldier Eddie/Red Ninja/Sentinal Valk
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalKing View Post
    Anyone seeing some of the top teams switching out one of the characters and adding killer prime or assassin banshee or ferryman? I'm about to give up on ever trying to reach warlord to get the achievement. All the top teams have certain characters and if you don't have them you don't stand a chance. And we all know what those characters are . I've got well over 2500 points and am only rank 474. I think I'm going back down to 1 arena battle per day.
    I actually reckon its more about the right talismans. I've seen teams with some of those chars that have been easy to take down. But as soon as you add eternals/primordials/valors/destiny it gets a heap harder.

Chars you will continue to get over time that will improve your competitiveness, but without getting lucky or grinding out the talisman challenges, its tough.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Metalking, that is how the arena has developed. You need to keep getting the new OP toon or talisman to stay competitive. Just keep playing and you will reach the warloard goal. Try to keep earning the IC for relis and such and the rest of the game will to easier to beat.

Just before relics came out I was starting to become competitive in the arena. Then they came out, and down in rank I went with losses to players that had a hoard of IC. Along with the addition of relics the game has seen a ridiculous amount of toons and talisman released.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalKing View Post
    I was in the same boat until this most recent reset. I started at around...rank 1000, just ran my normal routine with a weak defense only attacking those with weak defenses...and somehow made it to rank 43 with just over 2500 points. I was stoked to finally get the achievement. I've since dropped in the ranks, haha. Now I sit around 400-500 which is still good for me since I don't even try to climb the ranks. I imagine I will fall to about 1000-2000, or even 3000 by the time the arena resets again.

OS
    iOS
    Battled Ferryman a couple times. Disable his passive and he's a teddy bear to kill. He's a paper tiger.. strong on attack terribly weak on defense. Admittedly that may have just been the teams I battled. People get so anxious to use new toons they sometimes put them in the arena before they should.
    Last edited by Yup; 01-30-2019 at 07:00 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    I fought Patrice with Ferryman earlier. My first team did not fair well but Alexander made short work him. Those "characters" in the top end are quite easy to beat Metalking. There have been several posts about how to beat them with little to no effort and no need of "high end" characters. If you look at the "Banshee Gang" thread in the Character Discussion you will find loads of information. My defense hold has been the lowest ever with the same defense as most of the other top guys. I have said time and time again. Ranking high in the Arena is not about how good your team is in general. It is about how much time you can commit to playing and winning. The more you play the more you will win. I run three attack teams now. I had never done that in the past but with the variety of teams out there it has become a necessity. The banshee/magus defense is one of the easiest defenses to overcome compared to Iron Eddie/Primordial Prisoner or Hallowed/Sekhmet.

Look at the list of players who ranked very high last week due to the event that required so many wins. Most of these players are never ranked higher than 100 and many of them ranked in the top 25. Commitment to playing is the only real key.

Sometimes you get an easy run and sometimes you get a tough list. At rank 16 now I just cleared my board and the new board consisted of 8/10 single eddie defenses.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121