Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Banned
    It is funny, that critical voices don't get an answer....

OS
    iOS
    Hi Sparton/Kaz,
    Thank you very much for this feature, i hope it will coming very soon
    Just one question, can we have an idea of how many valuable characters are need to obtain the higher sacrifice tier, and what can we expected about it ?

I just hope it's not an unobtainable thing like sacrifice 10x 5 stars native characters? (exept very few players, nobody has as much dupes premium characters :/)

I have no idea about the possible reward for this but if it's a soul (even a legendary) or a skillshard that's seems a very bad deal (imagine how many time/money/shards/ironite invested for 10 maxed characts..., trades for have a chance to get a random dupe 4* character :/)

I think the idea to sacrifice 10 characters at the same time is a very good idea for random 3* characts we have a lot, but that seems very huge for high value 4/5 stars characters...

Anyway i don't want to be negative, thank you for that, it's already better than what we have actually
    dje-8079

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    If the maxed Eddies are also naturally 5 stars, sure. A natural 4 star be worth less than a natural 5 star (which will be worth less than a natural 3 star, etc), but you won't need a whole bunch of maxed out nat 5 Eddies to get a reward from the highest reward tier (in fact, that would be crazy overkill).

For clarity, "Natural 5 star" means that's that character would normally be earned as a 5 star from souls (or what we would put it at if it were collectable from a soul).

That character alone will get you one of the last sacrifice tiers, but to maximize it's value, level him up with XP shards or doing battles in the campaign to get that essence even higher!

If you have skill shards invested, a skill shard icon will appear on the character's icon when you're choosing which characters to sacrifice. You can also press and hold to confirm if that character has skill levels, if they have stat changes from talismans, etc (the same Character Info popup you'd see in things like the Pre-Battle screen).

Also, you cannot sacrifice anything you have locked, so once the feature comes out, this is probably a good opportunity to unlock all the dupes you'll be ready to sacrifice (or to lock up all your valuable characters).

Those achievements care about getting the characters, not the amount in your inventory. You're free to sell (or soon Sacrifice) characters you've evolved to 5 star without reducing your progress for the "Earn 5 star characters x100" and related achievements.
    Thanks for the detailed responses...and any idea how far off we are on the soul fragments? That sounds like something that would solve some major issues...
    Chaosego888-9998

OS
    Android
    We have only dupes now, it's time to change something Sparton....
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    If the maxed Eddies are also naturally 5 stars, sure. A natural 4 star be worth less than a natural 5 star (which will be worth less than a natural 3 star, etc), but you won't need a whole bunch of maxed out nat 5 Eddies to get a reward from the highest reward tier (in fact, that would be crazy overkill).

For clarity, "Natural 5 star" means that's that character would normally be earned as a 5 star from souls (or what we would put it at if it were collectable from a soul).

That character alone will get you one of the last sacrifice tiers, but to maximize it's value, level him up with XP shards or doing battles in the campaign to get that essence even higher!

If you have skill shards invested, a skill shard icon will appear on the character's icon when you're choosing which characters to sacrifice. You can also press and hold to confirm if that character has skill levels, if they have stat changes from talismans, etc (the same Character Info popup you'd see in things like the Pre-Battle screen).

Also, you cannot sacrifice anything you have locked, so once the feature comes out, this is probably a good opportunity to unlock all the dupes you'll be ready to sacrifice (or to lock up all your valuable characters).

Those achievements care about getting the characters, not the amount in your inventory. You're free to sell (or soon Sacrifice) characters you've evolved to 5 star without reducing your progress for the "Earn 5 star characters x100" and related achievements.
    So, we should level our 3* dupe eddies to 4* 80 at least to get half-way good rewards.

Another question mentioned is: when i sacrifice a 5*-character, does it reduce my rewards/archievements-counter?
    i had nearly all characters (all devices combined, some sacrificed), only missing:
    2019 Eddie Guy Farks Eddie, Wicker Toon Awaken The Pilgrim, Wicker toon Awaken, Valhalla Maiden Fallen Icarus Eddie, Lone Star Eddie Magma Beast Ed
    main: satani-7954 - Life after Death Ed
    second: satani11ce-5461 - Where the Eagles Dare Ed
    mobile: satani666-5224 -Thor Ed

OS
    Android
    So currently I have a bunch of 4* mummy eddies. Does this mean to maximize my essence I should upgrade them to 5* and level them up all the way? Or will I get a decent amount of essence anyways if they are just 4* but leveled up to 80?
    treeb0mbb-9454

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by treeb0mbb View Post
    So currently I have a bunch of 4* mummy eddies. Does this mean to maximize my essence I should upgrade them to 5* and level them up all the way? Or will I get a decent amount of essence anyways if they are just 4* but leveled up to 80?
    Betcha it's up to us to figure out which is more beneficial
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Yes, to me that's the big question . . . The trade-off between spending extra shards to get extra essence.

druid138-6195

Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    1) Seeing as they are the most valuable items in the game, will we ever be able to remove skill shards?
    It is not something we're ruling out, but it is not the direction we have taken with Sacrifice, and is not something we have plans for right now.

2) Will we ever be able to sacrifice 1* souls in groups of 5-10 to upgrade them to 3* or 5*, and same question for GA 1* souls... 2 questions for the price of one
    You do not sacrifice souls (or any other kind of item), only characters. If you summon using many lower rarity souls, you will occasionally get higher-rarity characters, and if you save those up and sacrifice those together, you have a chance of getting higher rarity souls (or other things, like 5 star XP shards or Skill Shards), but there's no direct upgrade path.

3) Will there be a way, eventually, to sacrifice lengendary souls to receive points towards rare chars like CG and Prisoner?
    We don't have plans for being able to use souls for anything other than their original purpose: to summon characters. We do have plans for introducing souls that only summon specific characters (or a small subset of characters), but those will be earned through specific means (such as the previously discussed Soul Fragments from earlier in this thread).

4) Most importantly and an extension of my last question, is there ever going be some way to NOT deal with RNG?
    Yes; again, the aforementioned Soul Fragments touched upon earlier in this thread is one of the upcoming features that is very much in that vein.

Quote Originally Posted by surfingwithdje View Post
    Just one question, can we have an idea of how many valuable characters are need to obtain the higher sacrifice tier, and what can we expected about it ?

I just hope it's not an unobtainable thing like sacrifice 10x 5 stars native characters? (exept very few players, nobody has as much dupes premium characters :/)
    You can get to the highest sacrifice tier with far less than 10 5 star characters, but you would likely need a mix of natural 5 stars and natural 4 stars. The absolute highest tier really is meant for "well, you were unlucky with a bunch of souls (or saved up dupes over a long time), but here's some great stuff that'll be hard to get anywhere else". The 4th through 6th tiers are much more achievable with a mix of 3 stars and 4 stars and still has the opportunity to gain things like Skill Shards, a Legendary Soul, class souls, or even massive quantities of Rare Souls.

That said, you will also get a mix of Skill Shards, Rare Gun/Assassin Souls, and Legendary Souls for filling out your vortex meter, and you could do that entirely through sacrificing mountains of 3 stars or lower rarity characters, so even the lowly Common Soul will make progress towards a massive prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosego888 View Post
    Thanks for the detailed responses...and any idea how far off we are on the soul fragments? That sounds like something that would solve some major issues...
    We don't have a timeline to announce for that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by satani View Post
    So, we should level our 3* dupe eddies to 4* 80 at least to get half-way good rewards.
    They wouldn't be worth as much as a natural 4 star character, but that'll increase the value compared to sacrificing a 3 star at level 1, yes. Not to mention having "backpack Eddies" when grinding in PVE is free XP.

Quote Originally Posted by satani View Post
    Another question mentioned is: when i sacrifice a 5*-character, does it reduce my rewards/archievements-counter?

Quote Originally Posted by treeb0mbb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    Yes, to me that's the big question . . . The trade-off between spending extra shards to get extra essence.
    Yeah, if XP shards, evo shards, and gold are something you have mountains of, you now have another avenue to use them to indirectly get better rewards. However, it's more and more expensive to maximize that essence value relative to how much you want to upgrade it, so that's something you'll need to make a decision for for yourself once the feature goes live and you play around with what your potential sacrificees are worth.

OS
    Android
    RNG or not,still a welcome addition! Thx 2 all!!!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers