Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    Hi Slauki,

This is how I used to do it against Prisoner teams. 2 AoS (both maxed) with energy sets, use Shriek then take everyone down one by one, Prisoner being the last one. You have to cast Shriek again even if itīs already on if the Prisoner casts Silince, because he next round he transfer his silence despite immunity. Donīt know it that is intended or not, support said they would look into it but never got back to me on this matter.

This still works. But now it takes forever, I usually get the draw option, they should at least changed the blue talisman spot for a purple one. That would compensate for the damage a bit. Torture is true damage after all...

This strategy is not good enough any more, too slow, guys with AoP AND The Prisoner... this is gone. I will try something different, itīs back to testing time.

115 attacks on me this week and counting! Jesus!
    thanks a los gmac, i tried this with one maxed aos, and it took forever after the nerf and the forces me to draw from time to time (not to mention the times when you are stunned, frozen, taunted or sealed by the prisoner or his teammates).this is a pretty good strategy but not a real counter to the prisoner + others anymore, as you said. maybe 2 aos would do better than one... tbh: i think this shriek doesn't work as intended, but well, we take what we can against the gimp probably this is designed for absorbing damage from others, but they overlooked the fact, that prisoner disable the passives...well one thing is very possible...this will be removed from aos to make the UP prisoner a little more balanced :P
    Last edited by slauki; 02-20-2017 at 10:10 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Agreed! A decent AI would make the game a lot more balanced w/o nerfing!
    Fixing AI should be a priority, right now many decisions are not made because of potential but more so because of finding out which characters the AI controls better (i.e. mummy), while other characters with great abilities get ignored because the AI is broken (i.e. SoL eddie, has great heal that AI rarely uses, AI prefers to try and steal a sometimes non existent buff instead of healing a wounded team, don't get me started on the recently nerfed Corrupt Droid Sentinel, which used to compensate for the lacking AI with a decent damage).

Anyway, about the first PvP week:
    Didn't use a Prisoner, it was common to see it paired with Soulless demon (Sentinel), Troll (warrior) and Mummy Eddie, (I only have Mummy Eddie out of those), the teams that combined two or more of those characters accounted for most of my attack losses as I wasn't cherry picking.
    Changed my defense a few times trying to fix the nonsense as well, most used characters for defense included a combination of Visions Eddie, CotD Gunner, Troll, Angel of Pain, allied bomber boy (gunner) or Nomad.
    attack wins 85% (112/131)
    defense wins 25% (50/231)
    Last edited by Blacksteel; 02-20-2017 at 10:25 PM.
    *Somewhere in time*
    Blacksteel-8432

OS
    iOS

Elephant in the room

I think we need to address the elephant in the room.

We've talked how prisoner is OP on defenses, well let's talk how the Pharoah and Gunner Rescuer are OP on offense.

Fine, got that off my chest.

Let's nerf anyone that can revive, especially high health or especially someone that has repeating shield every round that can revive others.

No fair for those with those characters as their offense win rate will be too high.

🤣😜😱

Resume your regularly scheduled program.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by CanyptianFit View Post
    I think we need to address the elephant in the room.

We've talked how prisoner is OP on defenses, well let's talk how the Pharoah and Gunner Rescuer are OP on offense.

Fine, got that off my chest.

Let's nerf anyone that can revive, especially high health or especially someone that has repeating shield every round that can revive others.

No fair for those with those characters as their offense win rate will be too high.

🤣😜😱

Resume your regularly scheduled program.
    I agree. Even on defense, a Gunner Corrupt Rescuer can be OP if you don't have a siege toon to knock out that pesky titan shield, but more so because of how it revives characters at FULL HP! I think if that was fixed to revive at half hp or 1/3 hp, the toon would be a lot more balanced. A full hp revive is just too damn good for any toon to have.
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    119 attacks on me this week and counting! Jesus!
    75 here with Prisoner so... I dunno. 1st day I've had double digit attacks when I wake up.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
    I agree. Even on defense, a Gunner Corrupt Rescuer can be OP if you don't have a siege toon to knock out that pesky titan shield, but more so because of how it revives characters at FULL HP! I think if that was fixed to revive at half hp or 1/3 hp, the toon would be a lot more balanced. A full hp revive is just too damn good for any toon to have.
    tbh: this is the most ridiculous toon so far for me, because it was designed, while they were planing PVP already. someone could have the idea, that

a) a permanent shield,which refills every round
    b) great party revive
    c) endure for the whole party

could be a little too much of the great stuff for just one toon...

maybe we should rename him into corrupt prisoner (or corrupt transgender, since it's unsure if he's a male or female :P )
    Last edited by slauki; 02-21-2017 at 03:26 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Here are my stats so far with a Prisoner on my team. I was not in the beta and haven't played a ton of PVP so I may be facing mostly newbies and weaker teams.

Name:  20170220_175452.png
Views: 514
Size:  124.2 KB
    Proud co-sponsor of Sunburst for ProgPower USA XVIII (2017), The Gentle Storm for XVII (2016), Angra for XVI (2015), Seventh Wonder for XV (2014), and Damnation Angels for XIV (2013).

Connecting musicians with their biggest fans...
    fanriff | changing music one fan at a time

Senior Member Schadenfreud-0217's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    CBA to post screenshot so here's the stats from after the PvP launch:

Current Last Week
    Rank 125 566
    Points 1745 1603
    Tier Duelist III Duelist III
    Attack Wins 96% (67/70) 96% (119/124)
    Defense Wins 27% (36/134) 27% (66/243)

Although I have a decent stable of characters I don't have The Prisoner, which is also why I usually lose to a good Prisoner defense. 99% of my offense losses are against Prisoner teams (one was when I was drunk and did some stupid shit ). The problem is that if you don't have a Prisoner, you can't counter a Prisoner team. The fact of the matter is that counters mostly come from passives and then from class advantages and such, but passives (imo) are what matters the most and not being able to use passives against a team which does gives them a much, much higher ground.
    Schadenfreud-0217

Maxed Champions:
    Speed of Light Eddie (Magus)
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Magus)
    Soldier Eddie (Gunner)
    The Nomad (Warrior)
    Angel of Fear (Warrior)
    Child of the Damned (Gunner)
    Child of the Damned (Assassin)
    Allied Soldier (Magus)
    Soulless Demon (Sentinel)

Using CotD as leader, if you want me to switch to any of the others, or just have questions towards me in general, feel free to P.M. me.

OS
    Android
    Pvp system is bad for now, because if you are not a player since the beginning of the game you don't have many good characters, since many nerf of souls loot...
    all players have W troll not me grrr
    impossible to loot it now, i try so many times
    Last edited by blade685; 02-21-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by blade685 View Post
    Pvp system is bad for now, because if you are not a player since the beginning of the game you don't have many good characters, since many nerf of souls loot...
    all players have W troll not me grrr
    impossible to loot it now, i try so many times
    Im with you Blade, have no warrior troll, nor allied bomber boy, and dont have the hellhound to... aaaah, almost forgot that I dont have the prisoner to.