Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    I commented the same thing in our clan channel but I share your sentiment Bakura. I did not see the "wow" factor in this particular T3 neither did I see it for the General. I did enough frags to get the character but I doubt I will spend anymore resources on this event. I appreciate the variety of options with these new events but not all of them are going be a game changer. For the me the key factor has to be how this will affect Arena play. That is how i make my determination on whether I want to pursue an event cosmic.

In this particular event I feel that the T3 just does not measure up to the current build i use on PDK with Sacred/Grail/Cosmic Serenity.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    used one mega refill to grind XI but wasn't dropping any frags for me so went in lol x and got 435 frags and 503 lillith frags (assassin lillith received) with 107 SOT to spare so not bad, the t3 on the other hand is not worth the SOT to get that many frags

OS
    iOS
    I think if they want to refresh older characters via a cosmic talismans, they are pricing the talismans too high. Yes, it's inevitably cheaper than awakening a character (and certainly takes less dev time). But the cost to get a cosmic for a character you NEVER use other than in perhaps Gauntlet battles is kind of silly.

I often get stopped out of the Gauntlet long, long, long before my roster is depleted due to the overpowered AI teams. (What's that? Max Awakened Moonchild 4 times in a row!!! Seriously? I can only use him ONCE, even if I have 2-3 of them.) But admittedly, I simply stop in the Gauntlet when I hit a decent reward level and don't really try to hit any sort of ranking.

And I agree there are BETTER cosmics out there than these T3 in a few instances. Serenity, Dominance, Redemption, etc Cosmics can blow these character-specific cosmics away at times.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Good summary Bakura!

I am also concerned about what we see recently (actually since dungeons and then awakening started), but as I never was a big spender (~100 in total) and am a free player since more than a year (with 1 exception to get van Helsing), my opinion is not of central interest for the devs.
    I found good ways to be efficient, focus on certain things, generate Ironite to be able to do events, don't chase everything and so on. Of course I can't win Gauntlet with that strategy, but I don't care. Some people buy all the crazy things in the store anyway, so a fair competition is never given (which is a general driver in the freemium world, together with the FOMO).
    Thing is, I said to myself that I should stop playing when good resource management is not enough to do all events - and they really increased the costs a lot recently (often 100 event souls instead of 75, 25k frag Eddies, 1000 runs here and there, awakening, dungeons and new the new thing the specific cosmics). Not all specific cosmics are great, but as a collector I want them of course!
    I am pretty low in Ironite atm, never been that low in a long time. But I played all 1k runs Samurai dungeon and this is reflected in the Ironite banks. Only made a few Airstrip keys so far, so the month could become really expensive if there is the need to do a lot runs there. High hopes for the valentine sac event! A really good sac event is so needed!
    One thing that is also extremely sad in my opinion: the lower activity here in the forums because of the clan thing and people using discord. That is really sad, as we had been such a great community here over the last years! That's a clear downside of the clan thing (and how people deal with it)!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    I'm going to disagree... completely. Not to be an a-hole, but, you know, to give the devs a bit of a different perspective and maybe open a dialogue.

I don't like the single-character Cosmic Ts. They are nice in the sense that you can leave them on one unit and never re-equip, but I am a tinkerer. Also, I don't have many of the characters the Ts are for, which makes the question of chasing them that much harder to answer (will I open one in a soul? will I spend FC for this guy, sometime in the future?). I think the Cosmic T on Musashi is particularly dumb, because his whole shtick is he can equip whatever. And now you're going to limit those possibilities by creating a must-have Tali for him and burn one of his spaces. Why?? I think giving him awakening would have made much more sense, or some unique ability like: when this Cosmic T is equipped, Musashi gains one additional Talisman space.

Anyway.. these Type (but not Character specific) Ts are A LOT more exciting to me, ESPECIALLY the ones for i.e. "more common" and "outdated" characters like Pharaoh Dogs and Shinobi. Of course you still have to evaluate the passives on a case by case basis to determine if they're chase-worthy, but the right ability-meshing passive can elevate a dud character such that (s)he can find a place in a gauntlet team, or even the arena, et cetera. This is the application I'm looking for in Cosmic Ts, not just suites of abilities to make broken characters (BHE) I don't own more broken.

This Pharoah passive... on the surface my reaction was, "meh." However, transforming silvers is an effect not a lot of things can do... you're looking at The Alchemist and Quantums (a six-set...), really. Doing it with one ability slot is certainly interesting (if not entirely game-breaking). I'm thinking for instance M. PDK (or just PD) with Alchemy/Cosmic might be more effective at fixing your team than either Alchemy or The Alchemist alone.

OS
    Android
    I guess-timated grinding LoL 12 at 20 SoT per run, and getting frequent drops of 10 frags and rare drops of 20, to be between 1,500 and 2,000 ironite to get the PDK T3.
    1,800 ironite is $50. Is this T3 worth $50?

Funny thing is, the T1 & T2 are very close in stats, but the T2 & T3 are close in cost.

I did 201 runs.... got alot of explosive frags at least. But I'll probably just trade in and get the T1.... unless the "ironite fairy" leaves a Mariner's Bundle of ironite under my pillow!
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    One thing that is also extremely sad in my opinion: the lower activity here in the forums because of the clan thing and people using discord. That is really sad, as we had been such a great community here over the last years! That's a clear downside of the clan thing (and how people deal with it)!
    I have noticed the same thing, Blade! And, I think it's sad as well. I try to be just as active here as in the past, but, to be honest, the extra hours needed to grind has caused more interference with that than Discord.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    @ Stormseye, yup, madrik, blade and druid:
    You guys make excellent points.
    I appreciate the support.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I have mentioned multiple times that it's "like a ghost town nowadays."

My clan is primarily forum regulars. I see more of them in chat than here.
    I too am either grinding or here. My only internet is through my phone so I can only do one online thing at a time. So I prefer the forum cuz I can post in between grinding or downloading tv shows/movies. If I'm in chat and nothing is really going on, I have to log out and get back to the game.
    But for those who can grind on their mobile device while also on their computer hanging out chatting about the game, yeah that sounds pretty cool.

I say all this as a disclaimer to my fellow clansmen, on why I'm rarely in chat.
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    Android
    It is not only a question of time, but a change in perspective. Although we play against each other in Arena, the forum used to be a place to communicate with each other, help each other and this created a feeling of blood brothers "against the game" and how to beat the game. We still share teams for dungeons and stuff, but still I see a certain tendency. Depending on how the feature will be designed in the end, it could become a lot worse with the clan wars thing as many players seem to share information with their clan members instead of the community to gain some sort of advantage. Makes sense, but is bad for the community. And it has a big potential for bad vibes as we have seen with some recent Arena posts...
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    In one aspect yes, clans/discord have detracted from the forum input by several individuals including myself, but it has also hyper-focused interaction within these clans and many who did not post on forums regularly are, for whatever reason, more comfortable sharing information within this smaller outlet. We have dedicated channels to different aspects of the game and they are all actively discussed by almost every single member of the clan.

The forums are slightly outdated in terms of speed of communication and that is just a result of the change in the times. In the past I would post something and then spend the remainder of the day waiting for someone to respond. Now I can post something in my clan discord and get a response within minutes or even seconds.

The forums still have relevance for direct information from the development team, but as far as discussion and application, discord channels are becoming the norm.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121