Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Cosmic dungeons crash when running troopers.....

I've had really consistent crashing in cosmic dungeons. More so in the Raven Witch and any new "event' dungeon.

I dropped a Raven key about an hour before today's rollover and ran the dungeon relatively smoothly, I think I had 1 or 2 crashes in that hour.... then rollover.. and I started getting crashes every run.... I actually just let that key expire because it was pointless and merely eating SOT without ANY return.

Later... I dropped a Samurai key this evening and crash crash crash.. was lucky to complete a single run without a crash.

After about the 5th app restart... I turned off troopers just to test and sure enough...... I was able to get in 10-20 runs before a crash occurred.

Seems the inclusion of troopers is the issue. That would also account for why I was able to run the Raven dungeon BEFORE rollover while I couldn't AFTER rollover.. troopers were active again after rollover.

---------------

Specific dungeons still crash consistently while other dungeons never or rarely crash. The Raven Witch, Samurai, Powerslave dungeons all crash constantly... while all other dungeons are mostly fine. Others may crash but its more rare. With these three it's EXPECTED at this point.
    Last edited by Yup; 03-04-2020 at 05:10 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    I can verify this too. Any auto replay is far more stable without troopers,

OS
    iOS
    I've had NOTHIG but crashing since yesterday's rollover.

I just uninstalled/reinstalled in the hope it would help, it hasn't.

I can't even run BNW X more than twice without a crash.. with or without troopers.

Customarily I run the app on "low" quality, but since Mercenary's Diablo mark doesn't show up on low quality I've had to set it to "medium"

Devs, PLEASE address the instability on iOS.

Every crash appears to be relating to the loading of some cinematic i.e. a cinematic is supposed to load.. and CRASH..... either the one between battles, a fury cinematic, or the victory cinematics at the end of the battle... or the loading of a new/next run through the dungeon.

This is happing in ALL dungeons.. raven, trooper, viral, infernal, cosmics -- the only places that aren't crashing are the cosmos dungeons.
    Last edited by Yup; 03-04-2020 at 11:24 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    No change after today's rollover. Still getting fairly constant crashes. Less if not using troopers but nothing stops the crashing.
    CLANLESS

OS
    iOS
    Brave New World is the same here.

OS
    iOS
    Yup is right, it crashes all the time in iOS; except in cosmos.
    I couldn't run Dracula's dungeon last halloween, it will consistently crash in madness or insanity. Same with newer dungeons (samurai dungeon was an exception). Many frontier dungeons crash all the time, specially Ravens
    Cosmos, and LoL are safe places. BNW crashes, gaunlet or arena used to work fine... now they crash as well (it might be due to newer toons or animations that make iOS crash).

If I try on an android platform, it will work nicely. The game is clearly not tested on iOS

OS
    iOS
    It's been an ongoing issue since March of 2019 and the update that month... But as of last Tuesday's rollover it's even worse.
    CLANLESS

Since getting the current 7th gen iPad, running iPadOS 13, I have zero crashes. Before that I was on an iPad 4 and that would crash relentlessly, if a trooper uses me, switching from campaign/pvp/talisman swapping/ victory animation, etc

OS
    iOS
    Perhaps it's time to upgrade my ipad 4 then

OS
    iOS
    Chances are it was the fresh device, not the "new" device. I've thought about wiping the iPad and doing a clean install.. but.. oh so much effort to fix some stupid little app when everything else works flawlessly. And there's no guarantee all that effort would actually change anything.
    CLANLESS