Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Have seen a few teams for Mayan dungeon event achievement (Magus or Sentinel), but had little luck with them. This one works for me on auto:

Bass Eddie - Alchemy/Cosmic
    Awakened Magus Wicker Owl Evolved (5 Purple stars) - Singularity
    Awakened Magus Lord of Light (4 Purple stars) - Celestial/Cosmic
    Magus Hierophant - Primordials

Best time I saw was 2m10s. Average around 2m45s. Think the longest was about 3m40s, and that was only once. Never got close to dying.

Only tip: At the start, target any toon that doesn't have Invulnerability. As soon as Shaman loses his Invulnerability, or if all toons have Invulnerability, target him instead. This way you can hopefully start applying negative effects (which usually require the hit to land to activate) right from the start.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    I bought the 2mil keys (they go to your book of souls BTW, they dont open the dungeon on purchase) for the first 3 runs.
    Oh, they've fixed it?? I saw the keys in the store for gold, but was afraid to buy them, because last time I did it was with an Infernal key and it opened the dungeon straight away (which I didn't want it to)). Thanks for reply/confirmation!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Cefiar View Post
    Have seen a few teams for Mayan dungeon event achievement (Magus or Sentinel), but had little luck with them. This one works for me on auto:

Bass Eddie - Alchemy/Cosmic
    Awakened Magus Wicker Owl Evolved (5 Purple stars) - Singularity
    Awakened Magus Lord of Light (4 Purple stars) - Celestial/Cosmic
    Magus Hierophant - Primordials

Best time I saw was 2m10s. Average around 2m45s. Think the longest was about 3m40s, and that was only once. Never got close to dying.

Only tip: At the start, target any toon that doesn't have Invulnerability. As soon as Shaman loses his Invulnerability, or if all toons have Invulnerability, target him instead. This way you can hopefully start applying negative effects (which usually require the hit to land to activate) right from the start.
    I did it using 1 purple star Wicker Owl and Lol and never used targeting. Still worked.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    If you don't mind taking a hit to your win percentage on gauntlet and have some dupe Eddies you can spend quite a few SoW rather quickly. I very rarely make it to S so after winning all the rounds I could on AAA I just kept replaying one of the open levels with a single Eddie at 5 SoW a time - this burned about 60 or so SoW (hardly making a dint in the ones I've saved up since they stopped doing regular arena events) rather quickly as I had a few dupe Beast and Storm Eddies I haven't sacrificed yet. If you do this on an earlier grade without class restrictions you could probably burn a whole lot more sands even though the cost per run is lower. Again, this hits your win % but this might not matter depending on what you're aiming for in Gauntlet.
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Put Celestial talismans on ANY character and the Raven's Alter gets waaaaaaaaaaaaay easier.. but without Celestials, it's a pain in the ass
    where did celestial talismans come from ?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    where did celestial talismans come from ?
    I think they were available for fallen angel fragments during the LOL event.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

OS
    iOS
    Yeah the LOL event for frags.. I almost passed them up. Glad I didn't. Tried to get a second set but.. nope.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ydex View Post
    I've been thinking about what could solve many of this game's issues-- specifically that the servers are overloaded because too many people are logged in 24/7, which is because the OP character/talisman teams can auto-win almost anything, so to make an achievement difficult, the developers say "you have to win it 2,000 times" --which guarantees the servers will be overloaded.

The antidote to this is: really difficult dungeons that are a major pain-in-the-ass to beat. Benefit #1: Less time spent on the servers, if the rewards come from difficulty vs. repetition, because "with all characters and all skill sharded, and high end talismans" it's STILL hard to beat. Less server load means the game runs better for everyone.

Benefit #2 (observed while playing Mayan Dungeon specifically): Players that DON'T have all the characters and talismans can ALSO beat these dungeons. I'm a mid-level player and I can beat the Shaman Eddie battle (not the Necropolis one) although it takes forever, it's just ONE battle vs. running my phone for 4 hours to beat the same battle 500 times.

So in summary, what the game desperately needs are MORE really difficult dungeons. NOT achievements of "auto this dungeon all day for a week"

In this respect, the Mayan Dungeon is THE BEST feature they've released so far.

I agree with ya on this but I think they have already sorta implemented this with the airstrip/raven/mayan dungeons. Think that is the intent for them. Except you have to have a key to access them which you have to grind for to get etc etc. Unfortunately I don't think that is what they are after because it doesn't cause you to spend currency, either in game or real. 800 battles will cause you to spend ironite to refill the ToS and possibly real money if you don't have enough ironite. While a hard dungeon probably wont if you just have to beat it 4 or 5 times even if the SoT cost is 50 per run. Which sets up a dynamic for having to grind very hard locations even if it is a very limited times.

Tie into that it seems they set up for specific combinations to work the most effectively or you really have to have a specific character/talisman to successfully beat some dungeons. (Which makes me wonder wtf they have in store for the moonchild character. Which will subsequently annoy the hell out of me because of not being able to beat something because I don't have the character.)

Unfortunately I think the primary mandate the dev's are working with is; Set up the situation so players "effectively have to" spend currency in game to be able to successfully complete and move forward through the monthly events, Or that they have to spend significant amounts of time grinding through. Which sets up the dynamic of the connectivity issues and the frustration of insane and inane grinding tasks.

As far as connectivity well with an emulator on a pc the only reason not to be connected is if your restarting the game. Doesn't mean its playing the game just means its connected.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    But ironites are exactly what the daily dungeon is designed for.

There's no reason to be ironic.
    No, ironites are part of the rewards. There is no description regarding guaranteed drops.

I have played 4 daily and 1 weekly keys in last 2 days and haven't seen a single ironite drop.

Ironic or not, seems like the goal is accomplished - drops got nerfed.

OS
    Android
    I ran 18 daily dungeons key over the last 3 days. I earned a net of 250 ironite. Ironite definetly does drop. Now I have 7 weekly keys needed to be run.

I also earned at least 10 SS, some FC, and cosmic talisman frags. The dungeons are definetly worth running if you have the time. If you only run a couple of dungeons you may not see any ironite, RNG at its finest.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around