Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    I definitely like the bonus ICs. In an odd way I also like that there are not additional ICs in the stretch goals.
    I'm hoping I will make 300, but 400 is really questionable. I'll try, but it doesn't look good this week.
    I really want the legendary souls which don't kick in until 400. I wish they started at 300. I have several characters I want to fill in on my roster.

Blade you really do have some bad luck here!

OS
    iOS
    i will be happy with 150 without using ironite...4 more days and 80 wins now

Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    Sparton - would you guys consider showing a revenge counter on the defense tab? I normally don't revenge much, but I do in events like these. It's nice to know how many of the 20 per day I've used, so I can pace myself. It's easy enough to count as I go, but a display would be cool.
    Yeah, that's a good point, especially we're not super clear about those limitations in-game. I'll add a task to our backlog to consider for a future update.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Nice idea! And consider raising the revenge limit to 30-40 per day
    I'd be really leery about raising, though. Early in the lifespan of the Arena there were no limits for revenges at all, which caused two problems:

• Players who were highly ranked were disproportionately revenged against. This made players who were more active in climbing far more likely to be revenged by lower-ranking players, which made it very volatile and hard for players who were putting effort to climb to not suddenly rocket to far below where they started.
    • People would just constantly revenge each other instead of using attack lists. We want revenging to be an option so players can feel like they can retaliate against people you might view as "rivals", but not so disproportionately that attacking in the attack list is always not worth it compared to using your defense list.

Ultimately, even though you'd think that events like this which just have more activity means the impact of more revenging would be spread out across the player base, our previous data indicates it'll more likely be localized to particular individuals, which we don't want to amplify or encourage more than the current values allow.

Quote Originally Posted by Symbiote View Post
    And the Arena events.... WHY they do not change the god damn Defense wins to count in this damn time consuming 24/7 grind?!
    Blade said it better than I could, but I can confirm both of what he covered (minimal impact of reaching goal + the loss of letting people to use their defense teams to help others during the event) is stuff we on the development team largely agree with the merits of (even if I'm not the biggest fan of trying to lose defenses).

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Only thing that would really change the situation is, if number of MATCHES would count, instead of WINS only. We had this once (or was there another one I forgot?), but it never was repeated.
    We're not a fan of "matches" instead of "wins", because just encouraging matches encourages people to throw battles en mass, which then means we're encouraging people to actively lose in the competitive game mode. I'd much rather reduce how many wins you'd need for the top battles than encourage people to do that (which we did earlier this year, as originally you needed 400 wins to get the top tier prize before accounting for stretch goals), and look at refining and improving the various tiers leading to the top tier prize. That way players can go for goals that make sense for them, and feel adequately rewarded for that.

OS
    Android
    Sparton if I may offer one suggestion for stretch goals, I think it be better if you complete all stretch goals your talisman set is complete. Seems awkward to do 1000 wins and be a talisman or two short on a set. Still hate seeing the 3 shadow talismans I have in my inventory should have paid the ironite to buy one I guess.

OS
    Android
    Interesting insights again, Sparton. Also a bit surprising, but you have the data! But maybe things are a bit different now than in the early days, especially due to the relics? In the early days everybody could win against everybody (almost), but this has changed completely. So it is very unlikely that a player that is normally around rank 1000 can climb that high to appear on lists of the top 100 I guess. But I don't know.
    Another thing: clearing your attack list still has more benfits:
    a) the 2 SOW reward
    b) you have 3 hours time for that and your options do not disappear because too many players attacked you or because of the limits and
    c) you see the points of the team you attack! I wonder why the points are not shown in the defense tab.
    On the other hand it is quite interesting to go into the fight "in the dark" without knowing what player (in terms of points/rank and therefore number of relics) to expect. And revenging the same player is limited to 2 fights anyway, so this cannot be exploited. Last point: my idea to raise it to 30-40 was a bit high maybe...but how about 25?
    I see your point that counting every fight could turn the whole thing to the wrong direction. But it was worth the discussion. Or what do you think, Symbiote?
    Reducing the level to complete the set to 300 was very very welcome. It is still a huge challenge for all of us that do not have that much time to play. Personally, I don't like that there is nothing to achieve between 150 to 300. Thats a huge gap! Another (small) reward would be welcome for 200 and 250 to keep motivation high. What do you think? I know this sounds odd, as some players show that it is possible to do 1000 matches in one week or even more. But I guess for most (do you have data about that? What percentage exceeds the 300 wins? I guess 10-15%), 300 wins is really the absolute limit of what is possible, including myself.
    Last edited by Blade; 05-29-2018 at 08:38 PM. Reason: typo
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Great idea Blade! Perhaps they can arrange things so that the whole talisman set can be achieved in the 300 wins?

The slug from 150 to 300 is the biggest single gap in the event. I got to 150 last night and have been fighting all day (off and on) and still have 67 wins to go.. I've been planning to try for 400 but we'll see if time and work commitments allow it..
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    Perhaps they can arrange things so that the whole talisman set can be achieved in the 300 wins?
    That is already the case. 300 wins give yoou one full set. Tier 1-4 give 1 Talisman each and Tier 5 (300 wins) give 2!

What I don't get: Why do all rewards give the same subtype of the Talisman (not only in this event) ? In this case you get Fierce, even from all strech goals. Why not a mix of the 3 subtypes? Or let us choose when the reward is earned?
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Also if you only get 150 wins, there's 2 talismans for sale in the store for 500 ironite (for the pair).

Given the way my luck with drawing people to attack has gone today, I suspect I might end up having to go down that road (only 115 wins). This is despite being around 240ish rank atm, even with refreshing for free every 30 mins or so. Only other way would be fighting a lot of losing battles (and losing SoW in the process) to drop down the ladder to where it'd be a bit easier, or paying ironite to refresh faster for mostly little or no gain.

Unless a lot of the top rank people change their defense teams between now and the weekend of course...

OS
    Android
    150 fight is enough 4 me and I buy the other 2 Talismans in the store.

300 fights? Man, this is so boring and frustrating twoo, because of those strong and unbeatable teams...

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cefiar View Post
    Also if you only get 150 wins, there's 2 talismans for sale in the store for 500 ironite (for the pair).

Given the way my luck with drawing people to attack has gone today, I suspect I might end up having to go down that road (only 115 wins). This is despite being around 240ish rank atm, even with refreshing for free every 30 mins or so. Only other way would be fighting a lot of losing battles (and losing SoW in the process) to drop down the ladder to where it'd be a bit easier, or paying ironite to refresh faster for mostly little or no gain.

Unless a lot of the top rank people change their defense teams between now and the weekend of course...

I know what you mean!!

I don't have the toons the top level players have so I wouldn't be able to set a strong defense against top level players anyway (no Iron Eddie, no Clansman Eddie, no Sentinel Lillith.... and no ghost, necropolis talismans to boot). 3 star evolution runes seem to be in short supply lately. Farming BNW level 10 doesn't seem to help so I'm stuck with a bunch of level 40 talismans with no way to evolve.

I've set a weak defense so feel free to get the win to help you to your goal.

magick2401-6102