Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Frequently Reported Issues - Reporting & Discussion

This is a continuation of our Frequently Reported Issues thread.

Please use this thread as a means of feedback, reporting and general discussion for trending issues and requests.

The Legacy of the Beast team will be monitoring this thread closely to help better understand player needs. By participating in this thread, you can enable us to more effectively guide our development efforts towards accommodating the issues that matter the most to you.

As always, spam, overtly hostile language and vulgarity will not be tolerated.

Your feedback, support and patience with us has and will continue to be most sincerely appreciated. Thanks all.
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."

OS
    iOS
    Quick question that wasn’t mentioned in the thread, where in the name of hell is Run To The Hills Eddie?
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Beddie View Post
    Quick question that wasn’t mentioned in the thread, where in the name of hell is Run To The Hills Eddie?
    Run To The Hills Eddie is now a story-exclusive Eddie, similar to Wicker Man Eddie, Soldier Eddie, Killers Eddie and so on. As mentioned in the post, if you have accidentally sacrificed him or other characters that can only ever be collected once as a challenge reward, please submit a support ticket with your account details.
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."

OS
    Android
    I appreciate this, it does a good job of informing everyone of known issues and even in some cases offering possible solutions.

I suppose you "have" to mention that unstable connections cause many of these issues... And I suppose it is "possible" that these connection issue may even be on the player's side in some strange cases...

But you REALLY need to acknowledge that a cast majority of the time, these connection issues and unstable connections are 100% on the server side. I have NEVER had a connection issue playing any game on my phone or laptop, nor any issues with streaming services within my house or my work wifi, not even when my house was only running on DSL. I have NEVER had a single issue with any game on any device connected to 3G 4G or any other G in the history of all electronic gaming. ONLY this game. ONLY this app. There is a clear and obvious indication that these issues are related to the instability of the games servers.

All I'm saying I guess, is maybe word these things differently. It isnt the user's fault. It's extremely unlikely that it is our wifi or internet connection. The wording in your posts and the actual error messages in the game should be more along the lines of "We are having issues connecting to the server, please check that your internet service is working, but know that the issue may be related to our servers." Because... of course it is.

Otherwise, great info and great effort.

Would love to see data on Odin. how many X kills, relative info on clan progress. Even if you didnt mention clans by name, it gives everyone an indicator of what can be achieved, or what the majority is accomplishing.
    PROUD to be a Jomsviking!

OS
    Android
    Thank you very much for this thread, simple acknowledgement that we aren't just screaming in to the void goes a long way.

Data Caching issues.
    While I’m not a fan of the insinuation that the issue is on our end (when a lot of the players have this issue) I appreciate that we are given a suggested way to help prod the app to try to fix itself. I’ve had to wait upwards of 7 days for data to finally get synced up sometimes. Which for me, screams a larger underlying issue.

“When I pay for a Match to Battle Odin, my game freezes…”
    This is something I’ve been very vocal about as we have seen one possible cause getting addressed but all others being ignored. Trust me I wish I could give you more information but there is no rhyme or reason to the getting frozen out. Every team that has caused a freeze in the past I’ve tried it again and it doesn’t freeze a second time. It seems more like a coin flip when I click battle, either I get in or I get locked out which in one week my loss of access is what made the difference in my clan’s ranking which cost all of us ironite(a paid resource). If the rewards were not ironite or souls that can give ironite I wouldn’t be nearly as annoyed by this.

“I didn’t get Arena and Gauntlet rewards”
    As I alluded to early this happens every week and the “fastest” I’ve gotten these rewards is 5 days after the fact. Even with force closing and cache clearing I still need to wait days to get what was earned.

“I had __ points in Arena…”
    I never submitted a ticket for this one and I’m glad I didn’t based on your response. When it affected me I wasn’t just barely in the next tier, I checked in 2 minutes before the reset and had plenty of breathing room.

“My game froze during a gauntlet match”
    As one of the players who have reported this (and didn’t bother reporting it every time no matter how annoying it is), the disconnect was NEVER on my end. We as the players can do everything right and still get screwed because the servers are highly unstable. If the servers will continue to be this volatile, I hope that a fix for this is getting properly prioritized.

“I’m losing ironite when I refresh my attack list”
    Of course I was going to bring this up. I lost ironite from refreshes from other areas in the app and when I opened support tickets, I was flat out told we don’t think that can happen and I was never refunded my ironite nor was the issue researched. It’s hard to have any trust in customer service when they don’t trust you.

Other issues not addressed in the thread
    Colour blind/Lack of inaccessibility
    This has been such a recurring issue that I’ve stopped submitting tickets because it feels like you just don’t care. With all of the new souls, keys, and fragments it seems like the design team forgot about how many colours there are that contrast can exist.
    All of the current event frags are incredibly hard to distinguish with my colour blindness and multiple keys are only just hues off of each other. When I have past brought this up to customer support, Ceeg specifically, I was told this would be taken into consideration and passed on to the dev team. About a month ago (I think?) there was thread where this was brought up and Kaz commented that this was a new suggestion to the dev team which meant it either was never actually passed along or got lost along the pipeline. It is very hard to take the claims that this team cares for the players when issues like this happen, if you don’t want to fix something just flat out say it, being honest does a lot more for trust than lying or passing the buck.

And I would just like to echo Nat’s comment. Please address the fact that 99 times out of 100 the server disconnect and caching issues are on your end, not ours. Again, this goes back to actually being honest with your player base
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Event dungeons commonly have crashing issues for me.

Madness often and Insanity almost always.

In the latest 40th anniversary event dungeon "Eddie's Adventure", I literally can not run the Insanity level even once. The app crashes at the killing blow, or after the killing blow on Scream Eddie in the last battle. It is as if the issue is the cinematics at the end of the battle. Once they are initiated, the app crashes.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled many times. Even gone so far as to completely wipe my iPad and set it up as new device. No change. My app settings have the "quality" on "low". With or without troopers doesn't seem to matter. Various ally teams (which all work in lower levels fine) don't seem to matter. Auto/manual doesn't seem to matter.

Again, I can run the Madness difficulty and it crashes every few runs, but Insanity difficulty w not allow a single run to be completed.

-------------

Of note...

- ALL the cosmos/story mode dungeons are fine.
    - All the LOL levels are fine, including Xi-XV.
    - BNW dungeons (mostly run X) crash on occasion.
    - Cosmic Talisman dungeons have crashes on occasion but nothing notable.
    - The Eternal Frontier dungeons seem to be fine.
    - Samurai dungeon is on par with Cosmic dungeons... crashes but nothing consistent
    - Raven's Alter crashes often with certain ally teams. I haven't bother to track which allies though
    - Powerslave dungeon crashes often
    - Viral, Infernal, Labyrinth, Trooper dungeons run fine for the most part. May be a crash here or there, but not as bad as other dungeons.

The major issue for me are the Event Dungeons... Those Madness/Insanity difficulties are ALWAYS an issue any more. It's as if I'm jsut not allowed to run the mroe difficult levels and get the better rewards.

Even today.. I can not complete a single run through Eddie's Adventure /Insanity. The app crashes every run. Check my account to see how many times I've completed the Insanity difficulty.. if there are ANY completions there it is because they must have registered right before the app crashed. From my perspective, I haven't had even 1 run count out of at least 300SOT. And this is disregarding the ACTUAL challenge.. I gave up on Magus only after the first 10-20 crashes.

Note that if trying to run troopers.. even the normal and hard difficulty levels of event dungeons start crashing more often. When the Scrooge event dungeon was active.. the only way I could run Madness/Insanity at all was without troopers. And in Eddie's Adventure, Normal/Hard will crash more often if I try and run troopers.

I'm using an iPad Air (first edition) so, if this is due to device age, okay, I'll have to accept that for now. But it's unfortunate that this app has issues due to that. All the other apps I run on this iPad are fine, including other games and productivity apps. I would expect that the "low" quality setting in the options would account for older devices.

--------------------------

#2... Raid rewards...

Often reward popups for Odin battle never appear, sometimes that means the rewards themselves never appear. Other times, it's merely the pop up.

At the end of the Raid week, Raid rewards are either very very slow to appear or don't appear... it appears to be a cache issue...Rewards will EVENTUALLY show up when you collect more of the frags or whatever... but some items you can't easily collect more of.. like the Bronze, silver, gold souls.
    Last edited by Yup; 04-17-2020 at 01:12 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    I believe the crashing may have to do with the amount of people playing it, maybe? I can run Airstrip Frontier with one crash per hour, but 9 times out of 10 I can't run more than one event dungeon without a crash. Lord of Light and Brave New World are hit and miss, but Brave New World X is pretty common.

OS
    Android
    The bugged character specific cosmic issue isn't a frequently reported issue? Surprising.
    I'll spend this weekend opening a ticket for every cosmic that's broken. We'll see where that leads us.

OS
    Android
    Red, yellow and purple banshees are not in any soul.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by R1ck View Post
    Red, yellow and purple banshees are not in any soul.
    I think they are Heroic Soul Exclusive.
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"