Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Hey, LOTB Team! Shouldn't there be a reward for top defensive win percentage? I mean that is the name of the game! Hardest thing to do is to get these STUPID toons to cooperate! Also attack win percentage. With a minimum,say 150 attacks. Most will just blame Prisoner & even if that's true,there's a tonne of him out there,look around. Not that rare! That's a reward that would not be pay 2 win! Need to get lists,bugs fixed 1st tho!
    Last edited by Silentknight; 02-20-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristo4 View Post
    I suspect that you managed to get close to 40% ratio on defence being new to pvp, and having a prisoner
    I figured the increase is more because I changed my Eddie from a Visions to a Mummy...

Now when will the discussions about how OP the Mummy is start up? Lol

Really, if it ain't one toon, it'll be another.

I think I fear Void talismans more than any line up. No kidding. Those bastards show up everywhere. Lost quite a few matches because I couldn't get rid of those void shields.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTameAGame View Post
    Defense-wise we are in the same league - you beat me by a few - so keep on searching

@Silentknight: I come with a pipe of peace
    Maybe we can have a reset - I just got a bit pissed off when you told me I need to change my strategy without knowing my situation. My attack % is even higher than yours I am n the mid 90s. But my defense cannot compete because even if I try hard I don't have the toons for it. My main problem is the defense and being attacked so much. Taking all the usual suspects into account I have a Red Troll - that's it (and he is useless when blue bat, death dog or prisoner are in play). So I found your advice regarding strategy really arrogant and I took out my inner SSD and just used "Taunt" until I had the reaction I wanted to see. Because what you did makes perfectly sense. You defend your "Precious" because it makes your life so much easier and I would probably do the same. I actually did the same when the Warrior Troll became a suspect. With all the other defense lines I can rotate even my peasants to outsmart the AI most of the time - sometimes I just have really long battles and it is actually fun to trick the AI into stupid moves. Against the Prisoner I need a lot of luck. There is a reason why so many Prisoner teams are in the top 50. Siege doesn't bother me nearly as much - all you have to do is putting a lot of the wrong colour against the strongest hitter in your attack team. The AI will fuck it up eventually and you win most of the time. So my apologies for being an arsehole and maybe that's why RNGsus hates me - but these numbers actually help a lot (at least they help me a lot to assess where I am standing and why). Maybe we bumped heads and the real culprits are the attack lists and the point system stinks. Most probably I'd give a flying f*ck about the Prisoner (he still needs a counter - or is too strong) if the point system wouldn't give me the "one step forward two steps back" experience every day.
    Accepted & back atcha. Hate the game not the player!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

More than a Prisoner dependant, I think that the MUMMY is one of the characters that are killing the whole PVP experience. I have a cool Tailgunner, and I find that Visions Eddie is great too. I am sure that others have great Eddies, like Rainmaker, or Soldier Eddies, Cyborgs , ETC!! But nothing can stand against the F'N Basic ability of Mummy, which is AOE, TAUNTS, can triggers Freeze/blind/stunt ETC, and has 100% perfect timing always... thats, THATS! is not fair....
    Keep maximized Eddies which have cost blood and tears (and TIME(maybe money too)) at bench in benefit of the F'N Higienic paper covered Eddie is just not fair, and not cool at all.....
    English is not my native language

Demoonchild-7235 // Already full of nice troopers, some of them nice people too!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoonchild View Post
    More than a Prisoner dependant, I think that the MUMMY is one of the characters that are killing the whole PVP experience. I have a cool Tailgunner, and I find that Visions Eddie is great too. I am sure that others have great Eddies, like Rainmaker, or Soldier Eddies, Cyborgs , ETC!! But nothing can stand against the F'N Basic ability of Mummy, which is AOE, TAUNTS, can triggers Freeze/blind/stunt ETC, and has 100% perfect timing always... thats, THATS! is not fair....
    Keep maximized Eddies which have cost blood and tears (and TIME(maybe money too)) at bench in benefit of the F'N Higienic paper covered Eddie is just not fair, and not cool at all.....
    Agreed! A decent AI would make the game a lot more balanced w/o nerfing!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    I don't know how much faith I'd put in this data to prove any specific points, given how early in the Arena's life cycle it is, but what the Hell, here are my stats, for whatever they're worth.

Name:  Week1.PNG
Views: 289
Size:  43.7 KB
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    I don't know how much faith I'd put in this data to prove any specific points, given how early in the Arena's life cycle it is, but what the Hell, here are my stats, for whatever they're worth.
    I'd like to know if anyone's defensive rank is higher than mine-42%. Just curious. Kinda proud of that,prisoner or not. Definitely not bragging as I know Nicko & others could blow me outta the water with their A+ teams. Also down to 39% as more people figure out The Prisoner is not invincible. More attacks today than ever! By many who never used to. Think all the SSD's are playing a part in that too. Mentioned that in here other day & now they're everywhere. God,I need to keep my big mouth shut!
    Last edited by Silentknight; 02-20-2017 at 09:04 PM.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    lol--Knowing my luck, I doubt my defence team gets the first turn one out of every 30 anyway (Big, bad Prisoner or not )... I've done what I can to hold though.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    why are the defense numbers of some non prisoner teams silmilar to some prisoner teams?

some ideas:

1. first week of PVP is not the best indicator, since many non forum newbies have no clue about which team is great and which not. they will go against everyone and learn it the hard way. in addition to this we all started with 1000 points so basicly the first 40-50 matches were pretty random. now we have some better fitting matchups. so the stats in some weeks will be much more relevant. our ratios will go down very soon, once the newbies figure out how to play or how to pick teams better. i think that prisoner ratios won't drop as much as other ones, since they cannot be countered.

2. prisoner teams will be attacked by much harder teams on avarage, when many player know how the game works. so mainly prisoner vs prisoner or some solid strategy vs. prisoners. that's why the def ratio for them will be lower. we read it here many times, that people try to avoid certain prisoner combinations. So if someone takes on them, he will also have a prisoner many times or a very strong team at least.
    i take some shots at some prisoner teams, but no chance that i will go into a huge suicide situation versus specific teams.

3.many non prisoner teams use siege, which is almost the same, when you don't have a prisoner. (when immunity and shields are down, you are an easy target for every stunner/taunter.). Only counter to siege is the prisoner...so siege causes problems too IMO. SO non prisoner teams also exploit certain mechanics, which affects many other players.

summary:
    for me similar defense ratios in the first PVP-Week are no argument, that the prisoner is not OP. I said it many times, sorry for the repetition, feeling kind of dumb saying it over and over again but: If something cannot be countered, even if you have the best tools/toons in your arsenal this is OP as hell. If anyone can prove me wrong, with rational arguments i will happily say that i was wrong, and i will praise the gimp from there on. But so far in all the disussions noone could give me an advice how to counter him when he is covered with specific other toons. As said many times too, a standalone prisoner is not OP and not a ptoblem, only him covered by a very stong team (Counter strategy advice 1: Greenbat maybe? Since the nerf you will have a hard time to fight a whole team, especially when the prisoner can seal your immune and invicible bat...BTW WTF???? seems that the some effects (seal) are dominating the normal ones. So this is no real counter)

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    why are the defense numbers of some non prisoner teams silmilar to some prisoner teams?

summary:
    for me similar defense ratios in the first PVP-Week are no argument, that the prisoner is not OP. I said it many times, sorry for the repetition, feeling kind of dumb saying it over and over again but: If something cannot be countered, even if you have the best tools/toons in your arsenal this is OP as hell. If anyone can prove me wrong, with rational arguments i will happily say that i was wrong, and i will praise the gimp from there on. But so far in all the disussions noone could give me an advice how to counter him when he is covered with specific other toons. As said many times too, a standalone prisoner is not OP and not a ptoblem, only him covered by a very stong team (Counter strategy advice 1: Greenbat maybe? Since the nerf you will have a hard time to fight a whole team, especially when the prisoner can seal your immune and invicible bat...BTW WTF???? seems that the some effects (seal) are dominating the normal ones. So this is no real counter)
    Hi Slauki,

This is how I used to do it against Prisoner teams. 2 AoS (both maxed) with energy sets, use Shriek then take everyone down one by one, Prisoner being the last one. You have to cast Shriek again even if itīs already on if the Prisoner casts Silence, because next round he transfer his silence despite immunity. Donīt know it that is intended or not, support said they would look into it but never got back to me on this matter.

This still works. But now it takes forever, I usually get the draw option, they should at least changed the blue talisman spot for a purple one. That would compensate for the damage a bit. Torture is true damage after all...

This strategy is not good enough any more, too slow, guys with AoP AND The Prisoner... this is gone. I will try something different, itīs back to testing time.

119 attacks on me this week and counting! Jesus!
    Last edited by gmac; 02-20-2017 at 10:03 PM.