Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Weak arena team - help

Hi there, i have a problem. I cant reach more than 2100 points in arena because of my weak (on defense) team. I use Ragna (with Echo and Healt tal.), Nomad (with Counter and Advantage tal.), Gunner Child otD (Invisibility and Immortal tal.) I always use Pharaoh Eddie because he can revive and his defens down skill. Nice combination with Ragna because then she can do damage about 40 thousand = sure kill. In last days I got Edward the Great,Samurai,Mystic and Cyborg Eddie. As allies i got Magus General, Assassin Lilith,Witch Doctor,Warlord and all Sons and Newborns. I could not find any combination withl Lilith or General in all ways the old team was better. Anyone can help ? Thank
    Eddiekiller-7954

OS
    Android
    Definitely worth checking out the PvP sub-forum. I too have a weak team and some of the posts on there have given me an idea of what I should be doing.
    Empty-5861
    Champion: Clansman Eddie

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiekiller-7954 View Post
    Hi there, i have a problem. I cant reach more than 2100 points in arena because of my weak (on defense) team. I use Ragna (with Echo and Healt tal.), Nomad (with Counter and Advantage tal.), Gunner Child otD (Invisibility and Immortal tal.) I always use Pharaoh Eddie because he can revive and his defens down skill. Nice combination with Ragna because then she can do damage about 40 thousand = sure kill. In last days I got Edward the Great,Samurai,Mystic and Cyborg Eddie. As allies i got Magus General, Assassin Lilith,Witch Doctor,Warlord and all Sons and Newborns. I could not find any combination withl Lilith or General in all ways the old team was better. Anyone can help ? Thank
    Eddiekiller-7954
    I been using only a 4 star eddie as my defense and i manage above 2100 each week

OS
    Android
    Has Nomad been changed? He used to get advantage anyway so no need to use talismans - put a more useful set on of you have them.

I always try to avoid using anyone who has poor AI (Pharoah doesn't always revive team members when he could) or a power move that isn't useful most of the time. Also don't build a defence which relies on multiple characters who must be present together, as you never know whether your defense will go first or the opposing team will already counter them, which wastes all your planning.

Also don't get hung up on defense; it doesn't matter much against low ranks you still won't hold more than you lose, and at high rank when it can make a difference, you'll not be needing to ask - you'll pick up tips through experience against other top defenses.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Has Nomad been changed? He used to get advantage anyway so no need to use talismans - put a more useful set on of you have them.

I always try to avoid using anyone who has poor AI (Pharoah doesn't always revive team members when he could) or a power move that isn't useful most of the time. Also don't build a defence which relies on multiple characters who must be present together, as you never know whether your defense will go first or the opposing team will already counter them, which wastes all your planning.

Also don't get hung up on defense; it doesn't matter much against low ranks you still won't hold more than you lose, and at high rank when it can make a difference, you'll not be needing to ask - you'll pick up tips through experience against other top defenses.
    Thank you for you tips. Ok i will exchange the Advantage talismans. But my main problem is Eddie and defense. Its true that i use PE only for 1. Revivng 2. Invicibility(fury) and 3. Lower Defense, so I dont give much damage with him. My only def character is ChotD (gunner) which has healshield for all allies. So the question is what Eddie should I use instead of PE. And how can I exchange the team because i have fe. ALilith,Cor.General or Sentinel Mayan Prisestes or Kari- Val.Hunter (Magus). Last point is that my team works good because now i reached more than 2100 arena pioints, when i play firts i usually win.

OS
    iOS
    Defense teams are still kinda hard to build since the AI tends to not play them to their full extent. Characters that you listed that do well are Sentinal Mayan Preistess and the Warrior Newborn. The Revenge passive tends to fire more often than not so that can make for some help on your winds. Applying a good talisman set to those will yield some good results, Shields, Energy and debuff sets would work well. I would also toss in the Nomad either the Counter set or take the Echo set as I have seen him hit mutiple times on the defense. The AI will usually use his power move and that can Vanish the whole party again helping you stay alive. As other said Pharaoh Eddie may not be the best choice as the AI will not always revive and will tend to use the Sentinal Heal over the Revive if she is in the group. I would consider Samurai as an alternative as he has gain some popularity in the current state of pvp.

As for Offensive sides. Though not a reliable as the Gunner Lilith, the Assassin Lillith still can remove Immunity and allow your General to stun the opponents. You can still utilize Ragna as she hits farily hard but the Gunner CoTD still remains a bit to squishy for my liking. You could fill your 4th spot with anything really. Just consider your talismans as you build and always look at your opponents to see what they are using.

OS
    Android
    I'm around the 2600's to 2700's at the moment using Pharoah Eddie, you're right hunt is a fantastic move for setting up the opposition for annihilation, since PE scales up on HP green talismans are a must.
    I use common guard talismans/true talisman combination with a single warrior talisman.
    I haven't got Assasin Lilith so cannot advise on that but she will revive also so this is a great start to increase chances of reviving dead allies, I would use Nomad as your strike force over Ragna, she is good but vulnerable, Nomad is too but at least when he strikes he increases his HP level.
    Have you got a blocker or a 'heal all allies' toon?
    Finally on PE AI is not great using hunt in a defence team, in fact I don't think I have ever seen AI use it..
    Good luck! Keep using forums as a resource for help there's some genuinely good people on here much more experienced than myself that can help you build your team!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAFruit View Post
    I been using only a 4 star eddie as my defense and i manage above 2100 each week
    This exactly.

I've had the game for about 2.5 weeks. My offensive team is visions eddie + warrior child of the damned + 4 star magus son + 4 star rocket dog. My talismans are trash. I can't beat anyone with actual defense up. My defensive team is a 4 star wicker man eddie.

Last week was my first full week. I finished at 1,777, with 89% win rate (175/196) on offense, and 1/194 defense.

This week, I'm at 1989, 98% win rate (120/123) on offense, 0/117 on defense.

If you look at post-match stats, you gain more from winning a match than you lose losing one. Since you can revenge fight anyone that beats you, using a no defense strat means you get easy win-trading against other no-defense players.

I assume if you're not going no defense, your offensive win rate is lower, since you have to fight real teams 90% of the time?

I don't know if I'm missing something... but I don't see any reason why you'd want any defense unless you're going for top 100. Is there a reason other than e-peen, to the detriment of your currency farming?
    Zeddie-6188

OS
    iOS
    Here's how I see it....

You have to get more wins because you fight more with a weak defense.... or need to fight less because your D team wins more.

You can climb ranks by sheer time spend fighting and refilling SOW. You can stay in higher ranks if you keep fighting and refilling SOW. I f you D is weak, as soon as you stop fighting you'll drop like a lead balloon in rankings if you D team is an easy kill.

If you want a break from PvP... then you need a stronger D team so that you don't just drop when you aren't fighting. Shooting for a 10-12% D % is decent, 20-25% is good, and anything higher is great.

It's all relative to the amount of time you want to spend on PvP. And the more time you spend fighting, the more you appear on the lists of others, so D team matters.

While none of the character mentioned are by any means "bad" characters to use, they aren't the strongest on either attack or defense once you get to a certain ranking.

In addition, relics blow everything out of the water. You can have a great deal of relics, use a shit team... and win repeatedly with either atk or def. Or you can have no relics, use great characters and loose every time. It's really not that possible to logically or systematically build a solid team now that relics are a thing. because you will never know what relics another player will or will not have until it's too late.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    You can climb ranks by sheer time spend fighting and refilling SOW. You can stay in higher ranks if you keep fighting and refilling SOW. I f you D is weak, as soon as you stop fighting you'll drop like a lead balloon in rankings if you D team is an easy kill.
    Maybe... but after this morning's sands, I'm at 2180, weak defense and all. I've never refilled. I think your advice may be good for someone aiming at top 100, but isn't correct for people like the OP trying to break moderate levels of rating. Everyone not going for a top ranking should be zero defense.

Practically, breaking 2100 doesn't matter anyways - since the reward requires rank #250, and at 2180 rating, I'm around rank #1600.

Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    In addition, relics blow everything out of the water. You can have a great deal of relics, use a shit team... and win repeatedly with either atk or def. Or you can have no relics, use great characters and loose every time. It's really not that possible to logically or systematically build a solid team now that relics are a thing. because you will never know what relics another player will or will not have until it's too late.
    This I agree with. And is part of why no defense is optimal early: If I win every match on offense, I get more currency to buy relics to build my team up for later when I can actually fight real teams to compete for rankings.
    Zeddie-6188