Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Why do people say they just wait for ferryman to consume himself? Doesn't the HEX talisman set prevent him from ever doing that? Arent people running the hex?

OS
    iOS

Killers Defense

First time I saw this defense on PvP. What do you think about it? Didn’t fight it.

Name:  710A46E5-4A83-4242-91D7-4F069D937214.jpeg
Views: 1125
Size:  169.5 KB
    GotN-0546

_________18M RPs________
    _________| CLAN |________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

💀 Blackbeard Eddie 💀

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by GotN View Post
    First time I saw this defense on PvP. What do you think about it? Didn’t fight it.

Name:  710A46E5-4A83-4242-91D7-4F069D937214.jpeg
Views: 1125
Size:  169.5 KB
    I have fought a few of these builds but they have no defense really and without Prisoner the KP is manageable. I will say that KB was able to bypass my Magus/Banshee and kill Alchemist with no Disable present so it must have been the Grevious Burns but afterwards I slaughtered the team since there is no blockers.

No clue on the Hex talismans but I would just watch Ferryman consume himself now I hit him with Heal Block and the follow up with End of Night from FFE and he is dead within 2 rounds.

OS
    Android
    I have killed that team a few times, its a piece of cake. I am just running the old standard Hallowed eddie magus lilith assassin banshee and KP.

On the ferryman, I have a hell of a hard time actually getting the passive disable to apply to him (with hallowed eddie) takes me 3 or 4 tries... which means 6-8 turns as i need to wait for the power to do it. dies immediately after though, and cant kill any of my team. just annoying.

OS
    iOS
    You Can't have it both ways :-

So after many months of trying find a team that can handle the powerhouse of KP/Prisoner combo I have found a team that can at minimum leave me with a draw. Anyone who is in the top 100 has faced this team and realizes that the outcome is usually determined by whoever wins the toss. Though most of the builds vary slightly the main focus is the Kp/Prisoner synergies of removing 2 beneficial effects, inflicting passive disable and granting golden beneficial effects to the team. What these teams essential lack is a guaranteed form of cleanse. Some teams has enlisted the Alchemy talismans into their builds but then they also lack a blocker so if you can survive one round then your odds of winning are much better. Those that run Assassin Banshee for her passive also lack a blocker. I have lost one match so far with my attack team and it was a result of Prisoner being revived and STILL able to inflict Passive Disable which goes against everything that has been tested for revived characters and their passives. That is another post though.

As always my builds are based on my roster and I know full well that many do not have access to every character and talisman that I have but there still may be some knowledge gain for those that can adapt this build to their rosters. The build focuses on starting the match with as many beneficial effects as possible to help against the KP passive.

Set- Shadow/Immunity - Starts with Vanish/Invincibility everytime.

Pharaoh Ramesses - Presence/Sustaining/Rando Green (though you can easily use a Cosmic here but mine are being used up)

Ferryman - Hex/Mark (you can use Immunity or any combo for the top 3 but Hex is needed for survivability and longevity. I started out with Immunity but then after the first few rounds the talismans do nothing. Mark however will continue to help you during the fight and can have surprising effects even on protected enemies. I have killed a Magus with Alchemy that was being protected by Assassin Banshee simply by landing a perfect hit and dealing 36k damage from the Marks.

Madam- Alchemy/Cosmic Talismans

On a losing toss you will start off with Passive Disable on Ferryman/Pharaoh/Madam but Set will be safe and have Invincibility and Vanish so most damage will be handled easily unless the KP has greed and will continue to attack and steal buffs. Even if Set is killed in this manner no worries as he did not have Permadeath and can be revived. As your round starts you will be cleansed by the Alchemy set and can begin attacks. I start with Set swinging to attempt to remove all golden effects. If there is a Charlotte or Alchemy wearing enemy then I target them first. Most times Charlotte will still have Golden Effects so I will use Wedjet's Gaze to remove those. If there is no Golden effects then I use Sun God to inflict Crave. Crave is so powerful against the current arena filled with Sustaining and Tower talismans. Many times the healing will kill the enemies before they have a next turn or at the start of their turn. I will then follow up with Ferryman to attempt to inflict Doom. Lastly using Madam to finish any enemies that are close to death and possibly put any to sleep as most will have no immunity left.

It is all situational since Presence can grant an extra turn you may be able to attack multiple times with Ferryman. Once the cleanser/reviver is removed, your next target should be Prisoner as only his passive will be your undoing. The power of Pharaoh's passive is that you will not take near as much damage since you are immune to Curse/Permadeath while Pharaoh is alive. Now that Prisoner is gone you can lose your whole team except Ferryman and still win the fight since the AI is not smart enough to use the correct combo to kill Ferryman if the opponent is running FFE.

This build was designed to target KP/Prisoner builds specifically but I have had success against other Ferryman builds as well Banshee/Blocker builds. Hope this helps.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    The "all killers" team is actually kind of an easy win when I've faced it. There's not enough diversity of abilities overall. They'll remove buffs on opponents, but no negative buffs on themselves.

As for theKP/Prisoner.. that to me isn't a big hurdle. I find FFE with HP+ a bigger issue. He's way overpowered with HP+ buffs.
    Last edited by Yup; 04-15-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    As for theKP/Prisoner.. that to me isn't a big hurdle. I find FFE with HP+ a bigger issue. He's way overpowered with HP+ buffs.
    How have you been handling that build because it has stumped me for quite some time. I will say that FFE with reduced Max HP hits like a kitten though.

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    Prisoner has a chance of disabling Prisoner. Then Musashi (with Alchemy) will remove all the buffs from Warlord on KP. NotB Ed will strip buffs as well. Really KP's biggest threat is all the buff boosts because everyone (including me) is running him with Warlord and Sustaining.

It's far from fool-proof, but works much of the time.

Really I only lose due to the AI accuracy up. I can lose terribly, go back in and win with 1 hit a great deal.

(Disclaimer, I am just 2 global DEF relics short of having them all)

I also auto-play all matches. I'd probably win a bit more if I did the manual battle thing.

------------------

What I learned about when I made Eternal.... You'll NEVER have a truly solid team, either ATK of DEF. The MORE you fight the more often your wins seem to happen (both A and D). Now I don't know if that's because the pts are factored in or something else is. But when I was fighting constantly for a week, every day as much as possible.. I was winning VERY easily much of the time. There was no struggle to gain more pts. The struggle was merely to keep more pts than the person below me, which was ALL a matter of how MUCH I was fighting.

After this, I started auto-playing everything and simply letting wins/losses happen however they happen. Unless I'm willing to dedicate more time to the arena, I'm going to fall in relatively the same ranking every week due to the characters and talismans. If you have A, B, C, and D, with talismans, Q, R, S, T, U, V, Y, and Z.. you'll be in the top 50 or so if you burn those 10/20 SOW a day. That's really all there is to it. If you want to be above the "character/talisman" based ranking, you have to refill and fight more. If that means spending 10 ironite to refresh when you start losing 2, 3, 4 in a row, then that's what it means.

I tend to do a mega-refill (or 2) after the weekly rollover and burn through those to collect IC more easily than anything else in order to purchase relics. This puts me in the top 5 the first day or two of the week, if not #1. Then I just use the natural SOW and burn through it daily on autoplay and slowly drop to around rank 50. Now that I'm nearing the end of relics, I'll most likely stop doing that as well. If I kept fighting, kept doing mega-refills every day, then I'd be closer to Eternal every week. But doing it once was more than enough for me. It's such a waste of ironite and time.

What really gets me is I have 358 of the 360 available relics.. yet I still will lose to a team with less than half the amount of relics. The lack of transparency on relics is annoying because CLEARLY there is some voodoo under the hood happening.

-----------

In short, there are factors at play that you will NEVER know. The devs aren't going to share them. But they ensure that because of the characters you are using, you fall in a general ranking range. Then the amount of time you spend fighting does something to improve that ranking. I'm sure theres even more... but it's futile to try and figure it out. it's a closed system designed to make you THINK jsut having a good team will help you. When the reality is, a good team alone is only PART of the total equation.
    Last edited by Yup; 04-15-2019 at 05:32 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    I agree with you the relics really seem to be sketchy. I wish we could see real numbers but I guess that would lead to less diversity within the various aspects of the game. As there will eventually be a "best in slot" design if we saw actual numbers. I have lost battles at the roll over to 1300 ranked players and I was not even auto playing. I am nearing 100k IC so I don't know really what my drive is to compete every week other than to challenge teams and guantlet does nothing for me most of the times until the new character comes out. I have not engaged the last few weeks but will start next week since there is a new character. I know a lot of people auto play the whole week which is a really neat strategy since you can win a surprising amount of fights and that lends more credit to the AI bonuses.

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    I think back with VHE ruled the arena and there was NO CHANCE of hitting top 50 or even top 100 without him, they had a meeting and came up with more random factors to make it SEEM more diverse. But it really isn't any more diverse in terms of rankings, only in terms of characters which will achieve similar rankings.

They don't want everyone in the top 100 to all have FFE or all have NothB Ed.... but what goes on under the hood, is still doing something to ensure that to be in the top 50 or 100 you must be using a specific range characters, with a specific set of talismans, and fighting X battles a day with an X win % (or something like that).

And I THINK that new characters/talismans, often factor as a + in that system, soewhere. They know when a new character won't be an arena-changing character above a certain ranking. So they release characters which may change the meta between rank 1200 and 250, but then won't be worthwhile above rank 250, etc. Once you have the characters for a rank range, then it's all a crap shoot and based upon number of fights to a degree. There' a reason you almost never see certain Eddies in the top teams.. and why all the top teams are using the same set of 5-10 characters. All with generally the same talismans somewhere. Any "oddball" team is there merely due to number of fights and they'll drop if they quit fighting.

I think it's structured WAY more than players realize. And as with all aspects of this "game" if you are willing to spend more, you'll do better - whether that's ironite for refills or cash for ironite for refills. Or cash for souls for new characters, talismans, etc.
    Last edited by Yup; 04-15-2019 at 06:15 PM.
    CLANLESS