Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
    Yeah, the entitled attitude of a small minority of the players can be quite annoying. Like the ones who loved having the "invisible-in-arena bug" and now complain that they actually have to compete due to the amount of attacks they're receiving. Meanwhile, the rest of us are just thinking: "welcome to the club..." haha.
    +1. such it is in every game though. some people just can't accept the fact some people's skill/resources trump them. if it isn't Prisoner, it'll be Visions, if it's not Visions, it'll be matchmaking, and round and round we go. point the finger in the mirror instead of any other direction is my game. pretty sure i could give my account to 99.9% of the player base and they couldn't achieve what i have. like I said before, if you want something, tighten up your boots and go get it.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    +1. such it is in every game though. some people just can't accept the fact some people's skill/resources trump them. if it isn't Prisoner, it'll be Visions, if it's not Visions, it'll be matchmaking, and round and round we go. point the finger in the mirror instead of any other direction is my game. pretty sure i could give my account to 99.9% of the player base and they couldn't achieve what i have. like I said before, if you want something, tighten up your boots and go get it.
    Hey man im under no illusions that i belonged so far up the ranks. Dont have very many 5 star toons, much less fully sharded, dont do 600-1000 fights a week either.

Jofer, hats off to you, youve been ahead of the curve on adjusting your defense to all the seemingly bi-weekly tuning theyve been doing (cant hurt to get those 5 shards a week tho), and you are clearly a monster at playing this game. Same goes to the consistent top guys.

We all can agree that the invisible on the lists bug was bullshit and really annoying. Glad to say I got to be on the invisible end for a week and a half. Ill take my one glorious skillshard thank you. But that bug did highlight the sheer stupidity of losing points from being attacked.

Right now it feels like they just lurched to the other extreme with this matchmaking update, wont hold my breath hoping it evens out by next week.

OS
    iOS
    Not sure if already noted, but I just won a battle under the defense tab, I was given my iron coins, but it tabs as a defeat. Did drop a bit of rank.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkness View Post
    Hey man im under no illusions that i belonged so far up the ranks. Dont have very many 5 star toons, much less fully sharded, dont do 600-1000 fights a week either.

Jofer, hats off to you, youve been ahead of the curve on adjusting your defense to all the seemingly bi-weekly tuning theyve been doing (cant hurt to get those 5 shards a week tho), and you are clearly a monster at playing this game. Same goes to the consistent top guys.

We all can agree that the invisible on the lists bug was bullshit and really annoying. Glad to say I got to be on the invisible end for a week and a half. Ill take my one glorious skillshard thank you. But that bug did highlight the sheer stupidity of losing points from being attacked.

Right now it feels like they just lurched to the other extreme with this matchmaking update, wont hold my breath hoping it evens out by next week.
    Thanks man, just switched up my defense again, harpy time!

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Yeah, the entitled attitude of a small minority of the players can be quite annoying. Like the ones who loved having the "invisible-in-arena bug" and now complain that they actually have to compete due to the amount of attacks they're receiving. Meanwhile, the rest of us are just thinking: "welcome to the club..." haha.
    This song always played in my head whenever I saw people crying about fairness haha a little taste of where I come from:

OS
    Android
    This song always played in my head whenever I saw people crying about fairness haha a little taste of where I come from:

That's not a bad tune at all. I can see why it pops in your head haha.
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

OS
    Android
    I win most, but lose to those who are better. They put in the strategy and time to perfect their team. Very well done. You deserve the top spots. We live in a world that everyone wants a stinking participation trophy and that is what the masses on the game are all about. They whine because they are not as good as the best without even putting in the time. That the developers need to adjust the game to level the competition. I do not have a Visions, Pharaoh, Viking, prisoner, nor some good sentinels, but golly, I try with what I have. Not every game is going to have an Up, Up, Down, Down...code.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by OdoyleRules View Post
    I win most, but lose to those who are better. They put in the strategy and time to perfect their team. Very well done. You deserve the top spots. We live in a world that everyone wants a stinking participation trophy and that is what the masses on the game are all about. They whine because they are not as good as the best without even putting in the time. That the developers need to adjust the game to level the competition. I do not have a Visions, Pharaoh, Viking, prisoner, nor some good sentinels, but golly, I try with what I have. Not every game is going to have an Up, Up, Down, Down...code.
    Yes! I think I saw a few trooper friend requests from you in the past. Your gamer name made me laugh, great movie. Send me another, I'll clear a spot for you.

OS
    Android
    Yes! I think I saw a few trooper friend requests from you in the past. Your gamer name made me laugh, great movie. Send me another, I'll clear a spot for you.
    I shall. I used to have 007 after OdoyleRules for many games/fantasy names and such, but after the second Daniel Craig movie, I dropped the 00 status.
    Last edited by OdoyleRules; 04-22-2017 at 04:24 AM.

OS
    iOS
    I'm not sure who this was referring to, but since I made a comment on number of attacks in the update thread I wanted to address it head on.

I've been here since beta. I was always one or two in beta and I've been top ten - most of the time top three - every week I've played.

I know what it is to get hundreds of attacks. It happened week-in-week-out until just over two weeks ago for me. And then I vanished - as did all the players at the top.

And honestly? From a mental perspective - it was just better. ALL of us at the top were invisible - so it was a level playing field for those in the top ten - and your rank was directly proportionate to how hard you worked. Fair to those in the middle? Absolutely not - that wasn't my point. It was that the FEEL of the game was so much better when it wasn't two steps forward three back - and everyone should enjoy that feeling.

So it wasn't "Boo hoo now I'm getting attacked" as a forum member stated. I was getting attacked a ton throughout most of PvP. 300+ times routinely. It was "Wow - this game is so much more enjoyable when you feel like your rank is proportionate to your effort" - and an argument - as I've made in almost every weekly PvP thread for the last month (even when I enjoyed the attack bug) - to adjust how defenses are calculated.

The greatest predictor of success in this game is how hard you're willing to work. Jofer has a determination like no other. No matter how things were set up, he'd be number one - I loved his analogy about giving his account to another player - wouldn't make a difference. They wouldn't duplicate what he's done.

But the SECOND biggest predictor is defensive losses. When you're at the top it's 20 points a loss. And even 12 points is a big deal if you're getting attacked 450 times and your competitor is attacked 300 times while making the same number of offensive attacks.

Kind of like going to work, and while you're making the same as the guy next to you, he's paying 25% in taxes but you're paying 45%. Suck it up? Guess you could do that - but I doubt you'd be happy about it.

So my point was we know matchmaking has been a work in progress and up to this point broken. Hellhound's immunity isn't working, there is a pop-up about reporting crashes - but we're going to trust that NF has the second biggest determinant of one's PvP success (one that we as players can't monitor other than my weekly thread) all fixed, tidied up and working smoothly.

Hmmm....

So my suggestion was to make point losses for breaks in defense minimal - ex 0-5 points - and continue to reward holds. Players will STILL have to buy Ironite to compete - but from a psychological perspective you will go forward much more proportionate to your effort, defense will STILL matter, and if the match lists are still broken it wouldn't matter nearly as much.

Circling back - my original point wasn't "Wahhh - I was invisible and now I'm attacked'. Absolutely not. If we had reasonable assurance the matchmaking lists were FAIR - we'd all be in the same boat. We'd all take a good hit during the night. I'm cool with that, even if I don't think it's the best from an "I love of this game" perspective.

And I really like how Spartan and Kaz appear here and keep us updated. I believe they really do want this game to succeed - and a win-win for both player and NF.

But until I see how things pan out, I will keep a skeptical eye on these lists. We were told before it will take a few weeks for things to normalize and they never did. Here's to round two...
    Nicko-0517