Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Is it just me or is this the most controversial update since the prisoner nerf?

I will say since then thongs have been very "interesting" and unpredictable, frustrating but different for end game players, but I have to imagine new players are confused as hell.
    Last edited by abbadon; 05-18-2017 at 10:57 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Enti View Post
    Just attacked Killhouse in Arena and my VE had no Past/Future skill options. Which is quite a drawback as I mostly use Take, Equilibrium, in rarer cases Titan Shield and Blur if I see no better moves. Still cashed in the victory, but I had to think really hard rofl.

I hope it was just a temporary glitch but I'll see if the issue persists
    Damn, could've used that hold!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Killhouse View Post
    Damn, could've used that hold!
    Well I forgot to add that a nicely timed RNG stun saved my ass xD
    Enti-2694

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Regarding the Eternity Soul
    The intent for this soul is that it is something you work towards over time by collecting fragments from PVP. You can get fragments in two ways:
    • Buy from the Arena Store (10 fragments packs twice a week)
    • Earn from PVP Division on reset (starts at 5 fragments at Duelist II, can be up to 40 fragments at Eternal)

The Eternity Soul Fragments are a new, permanent fixture of the game. You'll have the opportunity to work towards getting a new 5 star character each week, and even when you eventually get them all, extras let you try out teams with multiples, or you can use them for big sacrifices to get rewards worthy of sacrificing duplicate 5 stars.
    There is a one time, limited time only deal to get an Eternity Soul for a massive cost in Iron Coins. This is intended as a "thank you" for the many players who have engaged in a lot of the Arena since it launched, and to help get some of these new characters out into the wild so people can see how they perform, who they work well with, etc.e.
    Where's the "thank you" to the rest of the players? Don't we suffer from the same bugs? Don't we pay our share? Don't we engage in Arena a lot? Don't we help make this game better?
    So everyone who was "luckier" and got OP toons and by that the ability to almost win all fights gets even more powerful? I really don't understand the thought behind that.
    All the players that bought that soul fully deserved it but that doesn't mean that we don't care about the rest that will be able to obtain one after 2 months..
    A price between 4k-5k would be logic cause you pay 3750 to obtain 150 fragments.

Regarding the Skull Quests
    Each of the Skull Quests are primarily about giving you the rewards noted in their name (talismans from the Talisman Cache/Talisman Horde, for example). However, all of them have a chance of giving the following:
    • Ironite (with a higher quantity possible from later skull quests)
    • Skill Shards
    • Precious Soul Fragments

The amounts and quantities of all of the rewards should be equal to or greater than what was possible, on an average day, with secret locations. That said, I do recognize that some people feel like some of the quests can feel particularly underwhelming if you're unlucky (such as Talismans), so I will review what could be done so it still feels valuable to try and complete each Skull Quest every day.
    Up to now i got way less than before with the SL. 12 SoT for a useless talisman, just gold, simple souls or 1 xp shard is not what i had in mind.

Also AoF's passive is still bugged, just played 2 battles with caretakerii and extra turn was granted twice after a kill.
    On the second battle my toon wasn't even killed.
    Last edited by DaveMurray; 05-18-2017 at 01:29 PM.
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Enti View Post
    Well I forgot to add that a nicely timed RNG stun saved my ass xD
    RNG, always working against someone!

Also, I'm kinda surprised that for the eternal soul they didn't just add fragment packs at different tiers as one time only purchase options. If the soul is 20k. Have half the fragments available for 10k, 1/4 for 5k etc. have them all as a one time per account and you can only buy one of the packs... thank you to everyone that way...

Also, I'd gladly give my eternal character to someone if I could. He's already benched on my roster.

OS
    Android
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-05-18-16-00-48.png
Views: 393
Size:  433.2 KB

@hold: Don't think that your def team managed to "hold" me... Damn APMAs

OS
    Android
    Going mostly off of memory (I've been reading through the thread, but haven't had the time to respond to many queries due to working with the team to isolate and fix issues for the hot fix update(s)):

Regarding the Eternity Soul

The intent for this soul is that it is something you work towards over time by collecting fragments from PVP. You can get fragments in two ways:

• Buy from the Arena Store (10 fragments packs twice a week)
    • Earn from PVP Division on reset (starts at 5 fragments at Duelist II, can be up to 40 fragments at Eternal)

The Eternity Soul Fragments are a new, permanent fixture of the game. You'll have the opportunity to work towards getting a new 5 star character each week, and even when you eventually get them all, extras let you try out teams with multiples, or you can use them for big sacrifices to get rewards worthy of sacrificing duplicate 5 stars.

There is a one time, limited time only deal to get an Eternity Soul for a massive cost in Iron Coins. This is intended as a "thank you" for the many players who have engaged in a lot of the Arena since it launched, and to help get some of these new characters out into the wild so people can see how they perform, who they work well with, etc.

Finally, specifically on the subject of the balance of the characters that are within the Eternity Soul... we'll obviously need a lot more time to see how people utilize them. So far, we've seen everything from "this is OP!", to "these guys are really meh", to "I like some of what this guys does, and will try him out more". I am still collecting feedback from various channels (this thread, other threads, etc) to go over with Kaz so we're on the same page for people's sentiments, but overall I think, like many new things, we should all step back and see how the impact shakes out over time.

Regarding the Skull Quests

Each of the Skull Quests are primarily about giving you the rewards noted in their name (talismans from the Talisman Cache/Talisman Horde, for example). However, all of them have a chance of giving the following:

• Ironite (with a higher quantity possible from later skull quests)
    • Skill Shards
    • Precious Soul Fragments

The amounts and quantities of all of the rewards should be equal to or greater than what was possible, on an average day, with secret locations. That said, I do recognize that some people feel like some of the quests can feel particularly underwhelming if you're unlucky (such as Talismans), so I will review what could be done so it still feels valuable to try and complete each Skull Quest every day.

Related, while we have changed the times for when the Skull Quests unlock, they still unlock once every 24 hours, and are then available for 24 hours. If you want, you can save all of your skull quests until 5pm PST and then complete all 8 in one go; you'll just have some of them unlock again sooner than others.

Regarding Precious Souls

There was a question a early in the thread about the characters from the Precious Soul, and if you can evolve them into their stronger counterparts. Each of the characters (Sacrificial Heart, Strong Sacrificial Heart, and Ultimate Sacrificial Heart) are different characters, so evolving one will not eventually give you the other. Evolving and leveling them up will make them worth more essence, though (but like other characters of their rarities, it doesn't necessarily increase by much).

That said, for the Gold Idols, leveling them up and evolving them does not increase their gold value, so you're best off just selling them for gold and being done with them.

Regarding Using 50 Troopers

With the increased cost for the high-value Skull Quests, there is more of a strain on late game players using all of your 50 troopers each day. However, after accounting for free Sands of Time from Daily Challenges, the average amount of freebie Sands of Time from clearing an average quest, and the amount of Sands of Time you will generate each day (assuming you sleep for 8 hours each day, but otherwise do a battle or two in the morning and some final battles in the evening to keep the regeneration clock going), you should still have enough Sands of Time for a bit more than 50 battles in a day. Also, all of that discounts getting more Sands of Time from paying Ironite or from Daily Login Rewards (for the days that give you those), although of course both of those things will give you more leeway.

Right now, our main concern is fixing major combat issues and performance issues, but I will use this as an opportunity to see if we can prioritize a solution to using more troopers per battle (in places that don't further impact players progressing through the game for the first time). I know we want to have a solution in place in time for the Brave New World, but it's understandable that a solution that arrives sooner would still be valuable.
    Sparton, just want to say thank you, thank you for communicate with us, thank you for the effort of all of you guys behind the scenes. I ll spread that becose people need to understand how much work is there. Sincerely thanks, all together, players and devs we can make LOTB a unique game experience, the best one of ever. Cheers!

OS
    iOS

Open Letter to Nodding Frog and Forum Members

Dear all,

I feel compelled to expose my feelings on the journey that we have been on together and the recent development following the update.

As a start, I want to say thank you to the community around LOTB as it has become more than a game for many of us and brings us a little bit closer to our favorite band 😉 I also want to say thank you to Nodding Frog for being so open to discussions and sharing so much with us. We are not always easy to deal with, we push hard because an update is one day past our expectations and as soon as we get it, we criticise and suggest they should spend more time testing… Interesting, are we never going to be satisfied?

With that said, I must admit that I was extremely shocked by the extortionous price put on the Eternal Soul as a "Thank You”to a selected few that the system is currently pushing up creating an ever growing divide between players. Some were lucky to be part of the PVP beta and had not only gained experience but also souls, skill shards, iron coins that helped them stay at the top and forbid the rest of us from ever achieving. A real thank you should have been addressed to all of us here in the forums by setting a much more reasonable price (between 5k and 10k Iron Coins i guess). It will take so long to get the remaining 3 souls anyhow…

I also wonder how much Trooper Points they will charge for Trooper Eddie… (25k, 50k…)

I am really puzzled and hope that someone will address this and make it right.

But I also feel that we should also make it right and stop insulting the enormous amount of efforts and time spent by the devs to share with us and deliver. I run a software company I know how much work that is!

Sorry for the heartfelt post but I had to let it out…

Up the Irons \m/

Patrice-1201
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringe666-7406 View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-05-18-16-00-48.png
Views: 393
Size:  433.2 KB

@hold: Don't think that your def team managed to "hold" me... Damn APMAs
    No wonder my defense held! One of your toons is lying lazy on the ground and the other hide in the dark becuase they are scared like little girls!

And as a punishment I will not revenge!
    Last edited by hold; 05-18-2017 at 04:32 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrice-1201 View Post
    ... I run a software company I know how much work that is!
    May I ask what are you doing if you deliver something and your customers loose stuff (SoT, SoW -> in the end could be real money as people pay for certain things)? Are you also making stuff more expensive and put more workload onto your customer? I would strongly advise against it to be honest ...