Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Yeah, I remember when one of the guys on the team saw that the Warrior Child of the Damned wasn't getting extra turns when it got a kill on a counter... I was like "are you high? There's so many problems that would cause..."
    Haha, that's the perfect response.

Sparton, I'm curious, have you guys considered changing the PVP rewards? Right now, the rewards don't provide much incentive for people to go higher in the ranks ─ especially for those who get into the top 25. In most other games I've played in the past, the top 5 all got amazing rewards that decreased little by little from rank 1 to rank 5. Essentially, the top 5 all got varying levels of the same rewards, rather than all receiving the same reward except for rank 1. This system created competition among the top 5 players to battle it out for rank 2, 3, etc. Right now, the top 2-5 players all receive the same reward regardless of if they managed to nab rank 2 or just barely get in at rank 5.

The above is just one example of how rewards could be increased for the top players, but I also feel that better rewards for the lower ranks will also incentivize those players to perform better and spend more ironite to climb. Not to mention, the Warlord III VP requirements should be decreased a bit in the current state of the VP system (where defensive losses are heavily punitive). Has there ever been a time where 250 players have actually received that tier reward? The week of the Sparton 300 may have been the only time where such a thing happened, but that week is not indicative of how PVP normally goes. As such, you may want to reconsider the VP requirement for that tier reward, or, better yet, drop VP requirements completely and go off a rank-based system (which most games normally use).
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritium View Post

Sparton, I'm curious, have you guys considered changing the PVP rewards? Right now, the rewards don't provide much incentive for people to go higher in the ranks ─ especially for those who get into the top 25. In most other games I've played in the past, the top 5 all got amazing rewards that decreased little by little from rank 1 to rank 5. Essentially, the top 5 all got varying levels of the same rewards, rather than all receiving the same reward except for rank 1. This system created competition among the top 5 players to battle it out for rank 2, 3, etc. Right now, the top 2-5 players all receive the same reward regardless of if they managed to nab rank 2 or just barely get in at rank 5.

The above is just one example of how rewards could be increased for the top players, but I also feel that better rewards for the lower ranks will also incentivize those players to perform better and spend more ironite to climb. Not to mention, the Warlord III VP requirements should be decreased a bit in the current state of the VP system (where defensive losses are heavily punitive). Has there ever been a time where 250 players have actually received that tier reward? The week of the Sparton 300 may have been the only time where such a thing happened, but that week is not indicative of how PVP normally goes. As such, you may want to reconsider the VP requirement for that tier reward, or, better yet, drop VP requirements completely and go off a rank-based system (which most games normally use).
    couldn't agree more, posted some minutes ago in nickos weekly thread, that we need more carrots and less sticks...but you worded it much better

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS

BINGO!!! Not enough people talk about this. Since you brought it back up I'll share my ideas when PVP went from beta to launch (originally posted on that update thread):

It's great that you've added skill shards for the top PVP prize winner, but the rest don't cut it to keep players engaged long term. Honestly, when I saw the PVP beta awards I thought they were good because there were no exclusives we had access to that nobody else could get. It made sense and was fair. But with worldwide release it makes no sense (UNLESS, this is a trial week to get everyone acclimated and the real prizes start next cycle). In the current setup, ONE person who spends the most time and ironite gets the grand prize (along with the other trimmings) of a legendary soul. "Oh boy, this could be the Cyborg Eddie I've been waiting for...OR it could be my 9th sentinel allied bomber boy." Once that happens, players are no longer motivated to grind. Seriously, it's lame.

To make PVP attractive enough for people to spend time and money on this after the thrill of new wears off you need EXCLUSIVE and ELUSIVE characters. Here is what a monthly cycle could/should look like:
    Week #1 Top Prize -Navigator Eddie (or other new character) -top 100-250 players receive this (with different trimmings to different ranks/tiers). Not ONE person!
    Week #2 Top Prize -Axis Commander
    Week #3 Top prize -Navigator Eddie
    Week #4 Top Prize -Cyborg Eddie (watch people spend for this!)

And just change this cycle every month with a new character or 2 and a couple existing characters.

This allows a new character to be introduced every month and a means to get it as well as to get old characters where RNG keeps disappointing us. And if we already have these characters? That's part of my next point.

The shop needs lots of love well beyond Valentine's Day! Some people will not compete for the top ranks, but will want to engage and may end up somewhere in the middle. After a few weeks they'll have more iron coins than they can spend. Once they determine there is little more room to climb without grinding or spending they'll back off since all the goodies are locked up even though they have $ to burn. A couple things:

Make exclusive characters available with enough iron coins -Wasn't the Trooper supposed to be here?
    Take the locks of the shop items! Honestly, what is the point? Let people burn through them if they want. Even if you feel you had to lock the legendary souls, and God forbid the skill shards, why not leave the class rare souls available with RNG as bad as it is? Keep me wanting to grind!
    Add gunner/assassin rare souls as others have said

Edit: I see I crossed posts with the honorable, Slauki. Agreed, my friend!
    BillLion2-6838
    Member of the Mofo Cult Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    AoF is granting multiple extra turns,even b4 new talismans
    Just had a dead AoF grant team extra turn too,mkultra. AoF was dead,SSD killed one of my toons & presto!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    I don't like the new strike talismans one bit.

Imagine two team equiped to the teath with them. Both teams with the warrior troll that grants both teams a reflect shield. Whenever someone attack, instead of the hated taunt fest you now have a freaking flee fest, with toons from both teams just jumping/attacking like mad.

I would like PvP to be more than just setting up the domino's and push start.

OS
    Android

Seriously !?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously NF have you tried the strike talisman set before release ? IT'S A FUCK!NG STUPID PIECE OF SH!T !!!

1 - Start a fight in pvp with my red troll who gave me some reflect shields
    2 - The enemy got the first turn and his assassin golden son with strike talisman set attacked me
    3 - My reflect shields return some damage to him then his strike talisman proc, he attacked me again and again my reflect shield return damage, then strike talis proc again and he attacked me again, then my reflect shield return damage, then his strike talis proc again on and on and on until I died without playing a single turn !!!

I'm done with this game, every udpdate brings tons of new bugs and ridiculous situations like this and I stil can't play on my tablet since the february 14th update.
    \m/ Up The Irons ! \m/
    ID : Rygone-4263 | lvl 100 | Daily player | Troopers : 50/50
    Champions : Pharaoh Eddie (Maxed Out) | Navigator Eddie (Maxed Out)
    (Last Update 04/22/17)

OS
    iOS
    Strike talismans bad idea i can't use a warrior troll it reflects some damage and the talisman triggers every single time in a few weeks when we all have a few sets of these is going to destroy pvp give them a different ability this is not looking good or reduce the effect to one turn

OS
    Android
    After this update, I've noticed that enemies seem to heal for a portion of their hp after Cyborg's fury is unleashed on them. Their hp will drop down, then go back up a bit after the fury is over. I just had this happen against an enemy SSD and Magus GS.
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

Sparton, I'm curious, have you guys considered changing the PVP rewards?
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    couldn't agree more, posted some minutes ago in nickos weekly thread, that we need more carrots and less sticks...but you worded it much better
    Quote Originally Posted by BillLion View Post
    BINGO!!! Not enough people talk about this.
    While I can't promise exclusive character rewards for hundreds of people every week... something awesome's a-coming, don't you worry.

After this update, I've noticed that enemies seem to heal for a portion of their hp after Cyborg's fury is unleashed on them. Their hp will drop down, then go back up a bit after the fury is over. I just had this happen against an enemy SSD and Magus GS.
    Unless you seen green numbers appear, healing is not occurring. That's probably something similar to what is known for Carriage Rider Eddie's fury, where in the middle of the attack it over-reports how much damage would be done, but once the skill finishes resolving it moves the current HP amounts seemingly backwards.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    While I can't promise exclusive character rewards for hundreds of people every week... something awesome's a-coming, don't you worry.
    Can't wait!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers