Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I found that the gCotD can one shot my entire team with the ascention tal, so thats not exactly good.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by bort View Post
    I found that the gCotD can one shot my entire team with the ascention tal, so thats not exactly good.
    This. He is suddenly a hard hitter, but he can usually be contained with the right setups. But with ascension and crit? Oh Lordy it’s like a Nuke went off. Unless you have a blocker with endure active or most toons with immortal tali you are basically toast.

OS
    iOS
    Ascension, Crit, and Accuracy... whoo hoo. Add Magic charge or class advantage and well you're looking at close to 100k damage to an entire team in a single hit. This is why I think it's overtuned. Without the buffs it's still a pretty hard hitter, but the damage stays under 5 digits most of the time.
    Last edited by Yup; 01-27-2018 at 08:10 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    the faster meta is a good argument, i like that too. but breaking the meta with some ridiculous overtuned charts is something different.

if we continue that way we can replace the pvp fights with slot machines. this would be even faster and would help us a lot next week during the event

Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Without the buffs it's still a pretty hard hitter, but the damage stays under 5 digits most of the time.
    yeah i agree here, maybe some buffs shouldn't stack like ascention and 100% crit, otherwise there will always be ways to break everything. like on defense, only one shield matters, that could work for offense buffs too.

but aside that ascension itself is a problem, 75% or 50% stat boost would be much more reasonable
    Last edited by slauki; 01-27-2018 at 09:34 AM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

(Slauki just beat me to it)...Meta shifting,faster pace...that all sounds good, but it shouldn’t be achieved by ONE broken character!
    I have seen her do 36K AoE damage and that just isn’t right!

And it makes me laugh how everyone jumped straight to adding one in their teams...how heroic!

Banned
    In my eyes SSE and theat child are simply bullshit, NF knows this for sure, everyone wants to have SSE and invests therefore => more money

@slauki: we already have a slot machine, with NF's defense cheating loosing the coin toss means, you have to bring tanks and play endless or you loose.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppoah View Post
    Thanks Caliza, I couldn’t say It better. Please let the child as it is. I hate this moaning about OP. I enjoy the arena atm and I see a lot of diversity. I see FotD eddies, I see tailgunners, Vikings, pharaohs, AHs, VHS, 7s, Navigators and even SOL.
    I agree, leave the toon as is. It's a glass cannon. Kill it first. Yes, there are techniques and situations that prevent this. That's part of the game in my opinion.
    Jomsvikings/thanos-2148

OS
    Android
    I mean no disrespect to anyone here on this topic, but guys, it's not a problem. I can beat a team with this toon every time. The one that's a problem for my setup - Clair. If she has endure and my toons don't remove it, and she runs that fury - I'm done for. But that's the nature of my attack team construction. She gives me problems, GCOTD no problem at all. I think if you went with my team you would experience the same results. The fact that many people here call it OP just tells me it's time to craft a defense with it. If most people are using the same attack strategies that wipe out Clair and other common teams but have a problem with one toon, that just means there's another option at your disposal.

Be honest, how many toons are sitting on your bench that you would NEVER be able to use in PVP? More than 80% of them, right? Let's not shit on every toon that comes in and finally proves itself useful.

SSE is a very useful new Eddie for Arena as well, but not OP. Just don't let him use his fury! SOL Eddie has fury reduction and can steal those guard shields from his team, effectively crippling him.

And take VHE. And thanks to everyone using VHE, I've crafted a team that makes him much less effective against me, which has worked out very well. For that same team though, Pharaoh and his fury are a pain in the ass. I just have to wait it out most of the time, which is 3 rounds of trying to stay alive. I'm sure most of you would say that Pharaoh doesn't pose an issue for you, and therefore the masses would not call him OP. Against my team, he's OP because of who I bring in.

The point is - craft a team that handles and accounts for GCOTD (or anyone else giving you problems). Having someone on a team means always that a weakness is created somewhere in that team.
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezz View Post
    This. He is suddenly a hard hitter, but he can usually be contained with the right setups. But with ascension and crit? Oh Lordy it’s like a Nuke went off. Unless you have a blocker with endure active or most toons with immortal tali you are basically toast.
    I wasn't going to give away the answer, but Ezz just told everyone exactly how to handle this. A blocker with endure (or with true damage talis) handles it no problem. And with those talis on him, his defense is low and he can usually be taken out on the first round.
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    iOS
    I am just giving a team with two GCotD a chance. Will let you know how it works.
    Maybe I will put a set of Purge talis on later. That should help against a blocker with Endure😆.
    Sick-6808