Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Viper talismans

OS
    iOS

Viper talismans

Are they worth it? I don’t plan on spending a dime on this game unless it’s for like Paschendale Eddie or something, and I have the 500 ironite to finish the set. I’m aware of the reaper tali issues, but I don’t have the vault unlocked so I’m screwed w/out the ender pack. If they are worth it, what are some recommend eds/ toons to use on?

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke_Happy View Post
    Are they worth it? I don’t plan on spending a dime on this game unless it’s for like Paschendale Eddie or something, and I have the 500 ironite to finish the set. I’m aware of the reaper tali issues, but I don’t have the vault unlocked so I’m screwed w/out the ender pack. If they are worth it, what are some recommend eds/ toons to use on?
    Ive not come across them, but a few people have come across alex with them in PVP and they caused a heap of trouble with the counter-strike. I wish there would be an ender pack too!

@Devs, if you read this, please put an ender pack up for grabs!!!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    I came across a few during the last arena event. They are definetly worth it if you have the ironite. That is if they dont nerf them in the near future. I didnt buy them outright so I will have 2 more days. Any good toon that can hold 5 red talisman would be worth a try.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    I came across a few during the last arena event. They are definetly worth it if you have the ironite. That is if they dont nerf them in the near future. I didnt buy them outright so I will have 2 more days. Any good toon that can hold 5 red talisman would be worth a try.
    Theyre not for sale at the moment though are they?
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    You can purchase 2 of the 5 set for 500 ironite if you are unable to finish the skull quests.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    Theyre not for sale at the moment though are they?
    you were able to purchase a full set for approx $20? I forget exact cost. I havent been spending on the game with all these issues, but i got completely stomped by these in Gauntlet so I broke down and bought a set. Will have a second set once the event completes. These things are crazy good and should be used on any toon that can carry them. Since I bought them, they have disappeared from my store, so I dont know if they are still available.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    you were able to purchase a full set for approx $20? I forget exact cost. I havent been spending on the game with all these issues, but i got completely stomped by these in Gauntlet so I broke down and bought a set. Will have a second set once the event completes. These things are crazy good and should be used on any toon that can carry them. Since I bought them, they have disappeared from my store, so I dont know if they are still available.
    It is a "one time only" purchase, in € it is 22. Buy it or not, no judge or offense. Buy as much as you folks can, so that our game get's better and better... I simply cannot convince my self to spend again after all these disappointments. My old-school mind seems to be just unable to accept this freemium-approach, sorry if I offended someone in the past.

Connected to that, you gave a greate example of the psychological manipulation that is happening, Natasmai. Gauntlet is the perfect place to "advertise" new characters and talis. In combination with the AI boost, the ability of the opponents to wear all talis sets they want - without the colour restrictions we have - and the unknown stat boosts they have (I just checked, we don't even see the by talis added stats on the enemies - which is different to normal PVE game mode), especially now with the cosmic talis also, it is the perfect place to show you, that you absolutely need to have these things and you really really should buy them. With that point of view I just cannot buy these things, as I do not like to consider myself being manipulated.

The very very good thing is, that the majority of us players get one Viper set for free so that we can keep up a bit with the meta.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    It is a "one time only" purchase, in € it is 22. Buy it or not, no judge or offense. Buy as much as you folks can, so that our game get's better and better... I simply cannot convince my self to spend again after all these disappointments. My old-school mind seems to be just unable to accept this freemium-approach, sorry if I offended someone in the past.

Connected to that, you gave a greate example of the psychological manipulation that is happening, Natasmai. Gauntlet is the perfect place to "advertise" new characters and talis. In combination with the AI boost, the ability of the opponents to wear all talis sets they want - without the colour restrictions we have - and the unknown stat boosts they have (I just checked, we don't even see the by talis added stats on the enemies - which is different to normal PVE game mode), especially now with the cosmic talis also, it is the perfect place to show you, that you absolutely need to have these things and you really really should buy them. With that point of view I just cannot buy these things, as I do not like to consider myself being manipulated.

The very very good thing is, that the majority of us players get one Viper set for free so that we can keep up a bit with the meta.
    I usually buy all valuable new sets ... this time, with the event that will guarantee a complete set, I won't spend money on those
    Actual Champion : Mystic Flame

Only missing :

kgk56-6386

_____________| CLAN |______________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by kgk56 View Post
    I usually buy all valuable new sets ... this time, with the event that will guarantee a complete set, I won't spend money on those
    I know you're one of the big donors. Go on as long as you want and can, it will hopefully do the game good!

Little story by the way: I bought exactly 1 Talisman combo set with real money. It was Guard + Explosive. That was just before BNW came out and they were both among the best there was for the arena back then (explosives were pretty buggy as well as thorn just after). It's been a long time, incredible!

Edit: I just saw it was not a combo but 2 separate buys. June & August 2017 - good old days lol!
    Last edited by Blade; 04-29-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I know you're one of the big donors.
    Big donors ??? I try to restrain myself now (even if I brough Gangland )
    Actual Champion : Mystic Flame

Only missing :

kgk56-6386

_____________| CLAN |______________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹