Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

OS
    Android
    Just felt like discussing the update preview. Looks very nice, I'm glad there aren't any nerfs on Christmas.

Tailgunner Eddie is finally getting the buffs he deserves, I've been complaining in my head for months now because the only cool thing about him is his fury, now he may get more chances at being a proper 4* Gunner

Changing the extra turn chance of Call to Arms is a good idea I don't care what some people might say, having a basic attack to use over and over would really kill the fun in my opinion.

I'm pretty glad to see the Dragon Kings being taken down another peg. Changing the damage limit to 50% and adding another turn to the shield limit will definitely change alot, it'll allow a much larger variety of who you can bring with you to those higher dungeons.

The whole thing about the Angel Talismans are pretty interesting. If one talisman set can heal everyone, then stacking them could prove very useful. And power Shields sound awesome, there's been more than one occasion where I've been one power shy of using an important skill because energy stealers would mess up my flow.

We come back to the "unannounced game content" hopefully we'll see that in this update, new content in LotB is like water in a desert. It doesn't come often and it refreshes you whenever you find it.

And finally, I like the target being "mid-month" with that in mind I have an idea on what day it might be, which is rather soon
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    I like it! Happy to see the Viking Eddie fix.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    Changing the extra turn chance of Call to Arms is a good idea I don't care what some people might say, having a basic attack to use over and over would really kill the fun in my opinion.

It's a nice change, but in all honesty, I would like something in the lines of:

- Call to Arms, no longer generates fury when used.
    or
    - Call to Arms, only generates fury once per round.

I get and support the idea of CtA being too strong as it is now, but it directly connects to another skill of Viking.

65% chance is a nice value, I think it's the correct one if NF is going that way, Accuracy buff will put the % on 90, which can be used to fill fury again, but will have room for failing, and to get there you will have to commit a place on the party for any char that buffs accuracy.

Either way I really dislike the Idea of a skill which when it fails to trigger the extra round "they do nothing*", CtA fails, Viking does nothing other then self buff, and as far as my PvP experience goes, those buffs will get removed on the very next round, and if they don't you will lose one round on then.

*That statement was by the fact that it doesn't immediately affects the battle.

Either way Call to Arms was to easy to abuse if you wanted, not by the skill alone, but by the fact that you generate infinite fury with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    I like it! Happy to see the Viking Eddie fix.
    I like it too, and I basically only have him (from Eddies) fully sharded / max talis and use him in all activities, PvE or PvP related.

Using him since I returned, way prior to the buff CtA got.

I would like it to be changed on a different way, with the ability to gain the extra turn, but no fury generated when used, that would prevent the abuse, and using it 100x per round would do exactly the same as using it 1 time. (save the 2 times needed when you have the Block Beneficial Effects debuff on him).

TL;DR: My 2 cents: I would prefer a nerf to fury generated by it (to no fury at all) other then a % to a risk of getting self-buffed and nothing more.

Not a rant post, just my personal opinion on the changes. the skill is indeed to strong as it is now.

Cheers!!! Ed.
    Last edited by Sponholz; 12-08-2017 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Typo and quote from Fudjo.
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    Android
    Nice. But i have a take on call to arms as well. Have it at 100% and then decrease it by 25% -50% each timebit is used after the first attempt.
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Browno View Post
    Nice. But i have a take on call to arms as well. Have it at 100% and then decrease it by 25% -50% each timebit is used after the first attempt.
    It doesn't provide any benefit apart from a Fury increase after the first use, so how about 100% chance for one extra turn and then no extra turns after that?
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    Sparton

And about the AoF that the passive is giving extra turn to the team even though he is dead
    Caliza12-3289

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    It doesn't provide any benefit apart from a Fury increase after the first use, so how about 100% chance for one extra turn and then no extra turns after that?
    It can if you have some debuffs and need to get rid of those before you can take advantage of the buffs.
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Browno View Post
    It can if you have some debuffs and need to get rid of those before you can take advantage of the buffs.
    Exactly what I was going to say, it serves as a cleanse, but I will just try and explain better why I think the no fury at all would be a nice solution.

Since Call to Arms, cleanse, buff, and give an extra turn, you just don't need the fury it generates, why?

Well since you gain an extra turn, you will use any other skill that will generate fury. So even if the fury generated by CtA is removed you won't lose the fury-per-skill-of-the-turn.

Example:

Without the change:

Use CtA - Gain Fury from CtA. (you can fill you entire Fury meter spamming this step).
    Use Loot - Gain Fury from Loot.

----------------------------------------

With the change on the preliminary notes:

Use CtA - Gains Fury from CtA.
    It fails to give another turn, you get only the fury generated from 1 skill (and no follow-up move, just wait another turn and hope to not get your buffs removed, which happens a lot this days)

Use CtA - Gains Fury from CtA and another turn triggers.
    Use Loot - Gains Fury from Loot.

With CtA not giving any fury (but retaining the extra turn):

Use CtA - No Fury gained, extra turn triggers (no room to abuse as a fury gas station either).
    Use Loot - Gains Fury from Loot.

In my humble opinion its the most balanced scenario in regards to abusing fury gain from CtA.
    And a pretty safe way to change it regarding as coding, changing the value of the fury gained from XXX to 0 (zero) is in most cases a pretty bug free/safe scenario.

As awalys... Cheers!!! Ed.
    Last edited by Sponholz; 12-09-2017 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Formating
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    Android
    Sparton, just wanted to see if this is on the radar, is it aware that Trooper Eddie's fury and Eda's passive removes the passive of other Eda's. Meaning if you have two Eda's on one team and she gives the two turns perfect immunity it over writes the passive of the other Eda so she no longer has perfect immunity for infinite turns.
    JJJ-5111

Did I mention I have two beasts from the 15 free souls.

Calling my shot now, I will have Alexander by the end of August. (after the immortal event I don't know if I will even still be playing this in August) Update: I couldn't make it, I have given up on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponholz View Post
    And a pretty safe way to change it regarding as coding, changing the value of the fury gained from XXX to 0 (zero) is in most cases a pretty bug free/safe scenario.
    The problem is that our current system doesn't allow us to just not gain Fury from an action... the amount of Fury you gain (assuming no outside factors) is based on the character's Special stat. There's global multipliers we can tweak based on the feature (that would affect all skills), but not something we can use to reduce the Fury gained from doing a specific action. Thus the current solution, of making it pretty reliably give you an extra turn in some situations... but not guaranteed (so that if you want that "utility" of shedding off certain debuffs, it's a gamble).

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ428 View Post
    Sparton, just wanted to see if this is on the radar, is it aware that Trooper Eddie's fury and Eda's passive removes the passive of other Eda's. Meaning if you have two Eda's on one team and she gives the two turns perfect immunity it over writes the passive of the other Eda so she no longer has perfect immunity for infinite turns.
    I'll pass that along for investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by nuclear1250 View Post
    BUT, I really don't think changing his talisman slots is necessary - at least in my case (I run him with 4 boost and 2 strength which is my ideal setup with him) - seeing as some of his key moves scale based on the special stat so confining him to a maximum of just 3 yellow talismans I feel potentially affects his capability. Just my input of course but I'm glad that Tailgunner is finally getting some love.
    I'll pass that along to Kaz to consider. I haven't used Tailgunner Eddie much personally, so I don't have any specific thoughts, but he may be thinking of something I'm missing.