Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristo4 View Post
    Hmm, I think bruce was the one who wanted to leave for years prior to his departure. He even was about to quit many times in the 80's too.

Plus he said himself he quit, no one sent him out
    That's interesting. I read the opposite in a story about how Ed Force One came about. That story said the band wanted to move on without him, so Bruce used the time to get his pilot's license since he was a big fan of WWII pilot stories.

Rumor has it that the first commercial jet to take off from the New York area post 9/11, one Bruce Dickinson was the pilot of. Then since he already had a commercial jumbo jet license when he rejoined the band, they kicked around the idea of getting their own jet so they could more easily visit areas of the world that were harder to organize tours to at the time. It was a really good read.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    Android
    yep, but these were years after he left the band in 1993.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBkaby40E_4

Steve: I have read that he wanted to get up and have a jam sometime, which is a bit daft to tell you the truth. Bruce left because he didn't want to be part of this anymore. He said he felt 'musically inhibited'. What annoys me to this day is that, when he did leave, he basically went to every magazine in the world and said bad things about Iron Maiden. He cited reasons for leaving that had never been discussed at band meeting and that got to me. Bruce was in the band for nearly 12 years and I don't think we deserved that kind of treatment from him.
    quote from 1998.

He was about to quit altogether in 1984-85 after the massive Powerslave tour where he was exhausted, also after Somewhere in time, with a different musical bug going into his head. His first solo albums later suggest he was somewhere else musically
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    I'm so glad that they all put their differences aside, swallowed their pride, and gave it another shot. I feel that now having gone through that experience has made their bond even stronger.

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    The best Blaze song is the one covered (read: rescued ) by Bruce on a live album. There's nothing wrong with Blaze's voice, imho... he's just not Maiden.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoonchild View Post
    Blaze sings horrid... being a good singers listener all my life, and he Sxcks.... anyway all the song's of Maiden era with him are great ones... I have ever wonder what if Harris would have Choose Doogie White or Michael Kiske when Dickinson left...
    Demoon

That wouldn't ever happen... In one of the interviews 'Arry clearly spoke about the subject - that Iron Maiden is an English band - always was and always will be - so any potential cadidates to replace Bruce must be also the Englishmen - so that's why he wouldn't offer a job to Doogie White, Michael Kiske, or Joey Belladonna for example - no matter how good they would be and fit to the band with their vocals and singing styles... Even more - Harris didn't look for clone of Dickinson either - despite of many guys that went for auditions more or less successfully coped with the songs... One way or another there's a kind of logic in that approach - when Di'Anno was fired - he wasn't looking for another Di'Anno-like vocalist...
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    The best Blaze song is the one covered (read: rescued ) by Bruce on a live album. There's nothing wrong with Blaze's voice, imho... he's just not Maiden.
    sign of the cross? clansman? futureal? lord of the flies?

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    yep, but these were years after he left the band in 1993.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBkaby40E_4

quote from 1998.

He was about to quit altogether in 1984-85 after the massive Powerslave tour where he was exhausted, also after Somewhere in time, with a different musical bug going into his head. His first solo albums later suggest he was somewhere else musically

Aristo

That's right - Dickinson was totally flattened after the World Slavery Tour - he was fed up with everything - touring, singing, writing music... He was already thinking about his solo career then, writing books etc. That's why he didn't came up in particular with any ideas for the new songs - all work was done by Mr. Harris and Mr. Smith... Dickinson while asked someday if he likes ''Somewhere In Time'' album said - no - and if he could decide - he wouldn't be singing any songs off this album at all...
    Witkacy-2631

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Witkacy View Post
    Dickinson while asked someday if he likes ''Somewhere In Time'' album said - no - and if he could decide - he wouldn't be singing any songs off this album at all...
    I'm sure he changed his mind after 20 years though
    Last edited by Aristo4; 10-23-2016 at 10:31 PM.

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    I'm sure he changed he changed his mind after 20 years though
    I suppose that his ego was hurting badly with the fact, he didn't wrtite anything on that particular album - and that's why it has to be ''bad''
    Witkacy-2631

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    sign of the cross? clansman? futureal? lord of the flies?
    Don't forget Man on the Edge.

And of those, The Clansman gets my vote, pretty easily.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools