Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

March 2021, Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post.

OS
    iOS
    Thoughts:

1. Haha funny tooth man got an awakening

2. Cool to see Visions and Seventh Son get an awakening, definitely needed a buff or two

3. Edorado sounds interesting (even if a bit annoying cause I wanna write Eldorado)

4. The new Frontier Dungeon looks like a simple affair, kinda like Gangland (I feel sorry for people who dropped 100K Sac Essence on him back in January)

5. Gemini talismans look powerful for a kamikaze setup

6. Back to the awakenings for a bit, not a fan of having 3 Eddie’s Awakenable last month just to then make 4 more toons awakenable straight afterwards
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    iOS
    Alright, this is a fun patch so let's talk about it!

Seventh Son's awakening is neat; his buffed skills look okay at best though, so I wonder what will be changing for Awakening to really make him worth it?

Visions Ed being reworked is a godsend; he's one of (if not) the worst 5 star Eds in the game, so to make him gain a rework that also doesn't stun himself is great. Plus, he gets an awakening!

Ragnar being awakened feels like a huge meme tbh.

Visions of Edorado is a gunner character, and I have no clue what to expect. Mayan awakening shards open up a lot more characters to awakening though!

Frontier Dungeon for Ed Hunter looks nice; I am assuming 3 star, magus/sentinel requirements.

Overall, I am excited though I do have to point out: why does Visions Ed take Eternity shards? We don't even have the shards necessary for Eternity Eddie yet, so what's that about?

OS
    Android
    Seriously? Why rob from PoM skillset for Visions? It's great that ridiculous self stun was removed, but you've just took away what really made PoM unique.

OS
    Android
    I really like it when you rework a toon and twitch some abilities more than when you just add "DeVaSTaTinG" damage. So, happy to see Visions getting reworked in an (in theory) interesting way, working with strategies is more appealing than just pim pum pam...

Its also interesting the idea of the Zodiacal Talis, and in particular this Gemini set. I still haven't had the opportunity of taking a nice advantage of them. But maybe soon we will have some chance to use them properly.

Hope the awakening brings some interesting stuff with them!

It's also welcoming to see a new dungeon there, otherwise, this update would feel extremely short... once you got over the hype of the awakenings there is nothing else to see here.

BTW We need an Official Ragnar day to celebrate the awakening of our big bite cosmic smile hero
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    BTW We need an Official Ragnar day to celebrate the awakening of our big bite cosmic smile hero
    I just wonder if "Ragnar, Mr fabulous Loreal fringe"will get more ken like smile and even more conditioner on hair
    Just worried I'll get blinded by the sparkles from new looks
    ------------------------
    Rokita-7771, Clan Lead of EyeOfHorus
    (Discord: Rokita#2258)
    Playing since game release

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokita View Post
    I just wonder if "Ragnar, Mr fabulous Loreal fringe"will get more ken like smile and even more conditioner on hair
    Just worried I'll get blinded by the sparkles from new looks
    haaha absolutely! we are all guessing that his shinny smile as passive will inflict innate blindness on all enemies!
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    haaha absolutely! we are all guessing that his shinny smile as passive will inflict innate blindness on all enemies!
    that would be hilariously awesome XD
    ------------------------
    Rokita-7771, Clan Lead of EyeOfHorus
    (Discord: Rokita#2258)
    Playing since game release

OS
    Android
    Beyond not getting Anglo-Saxon toons (that would make more sense than Norse Gods, it's Iron Maiden, not Amon Amarth), "funny meme" Ragnarr got an awakening because....reasons? Yey for those who have him I guess.

Another Eddie! What hat will he have? A golden one I suppose, and a boat! El Dorado is a lovely song BUT! For first Mayan awakenable toon Shaman Eddie fits the bill. Not random guy straight off the dev's oven.

Now to the meat of the update, Ed Hunter in the arcade. Speed of Light, for some reason, not the toon of the dungeon. Do the devs know the band or are they trying to emulate Ed Hunter's terrible record as a flop of a game? Remains to be seen! Ahhhh I can't be such a downer, although those of us that paid for him (either money or frags) will feel a little less special now that...his utterly useless skill set will be more common among players. Let's hope Texan eddie lasts a bit longer.

Well, let's dive int othe real deal of the update, 2 VERY old toons sold as one of the main attractions of both souls that have them, Visions and Seventh Son.

Seventh Son, album cover Eddie, from a time where Perfect Immortality was a huge deal. Seventh Son of the Seventh Son, now separated from his Moonchild & Clairvoyant parts of himself, finally gets a rework AND awakening! I'm NOT a fan of having to wait for awakenings so that 5* toons become viable. As a rule, either downgrade them a star or two if they become weaker, or rebalance them without the pressure for awakening.

Awakenings in general were supposed to be this big deal and now we get 4 peeps per month. Don't burn out your mechanics. Lords of Light are already so covered with dust might as well have to unearth them instead of just waking them up.

Visions finally doesn't self stun for longer than he stuns others. Stun as an effect has long become irrelevant in the face of innate versions. Again, same points with Seventh, relying on awakenings to balance old toons feels bad. Newer toons drive the bar so high that nothing in the old roster can really compete. When was the last time anyone used Run to the Hills? Storm? Most of the 3-4* charachters? Speed of Light? Soldier? Phantom of the Opera? Carriage Rider?

As for Gemini, it takes False God's gimmick and puts it on a kamikaze talisman. Leo and Virgo works well enough in the Warrior Undead Rescuer, but Gemini seems to just be... a better version of Soul? A full team of Gemini is going to be a nice meme however.
    Edd-6184

Yes, I was the guy with the "now not so meme" arena defense of Shaman Eddie and three ult. Sac. Hearts. Changed a Heart and Eddie

DEF: Day of the Dead Eddie (Prudence, Nagual T3); Valentine's: Starfire; Heart1: Ragnarok, Echo; Heart2: Orbit.

I campaign to no end or avail for a general talisman rework (small talisman sets, max size of sets becoming 2, 3 slots per toon, one of those for cosmic only)

Proud member of ChileanMaiden #RenunciaPiņera

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Beddie View Post
    Thoughts:
    2. Cool to see Visions and Seventh Son get an awakening, definitely needed a buff or two
    I forgot the existence of Visions Eddie, would be cool see a buff of that Eddie, nowdays is pretty useless more than sacrifice him
    Id: Yally-8032
    -Max Awkd Cyborg Eddie
    -Evil Moonchild
    -Gabriel Lady of Avalon
    -Killer Prime