Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

This game may be violating truth in advertising laws

All I got is old nerfed dupes off the special event souls that are now constantly shilled with popups.

Even 1 star characters from the new collection would have complied with truth in advertising laws.

Laws in the US require ads to be both truthful and 'not misleading' - please go look it up.

Walmart, McDonald's and Amazon have all lost lawsuits over ads that were technically true but misleading to customers.
    Erik-0726 1/50 avail 5* Allied Bomber Boy all skills maxed

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikInVegas View Post
    All I got is old nerfed dupes off the special event souls that are now constantly shilled with popups.

Even 1 star characters from the new collection would have complied with truth in advertising laws.

Laws in the US require ads to be both truthful and 'not misleading' - please go look it up.

Walmart, McDonald's and Amazon have all lost lawsuits over ads that were technically true but misleading to customers.
    What do you consider not true or misleading ?

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy1974 View Post
    What do you consider not true or misleading ?
    They're advertising "Christmas Souls" but what most people get is not Christmas Souls.

Say you buy a box that says PlayStation. You get it home and it contains a brick instead.

That's clearly fraud.

OS
    Android
    They're advertising "Christmas Souls" but what most people get is not Christmas Souls.

Say you buy a box that says PlayStation. You get it home and it contains a brick instead.

That's clearly fraud.
    Did you mean they're advertising Christmas Souls yet you didn't get any Christmas Character by opening them? If that's the case, I don't think they GUARANTEE that Christmas Souls WILL get you a Christmas Character....

Quoting from the ads: "Christmas souls guarantee 3 to 5 star characters of any class with an increased chance of Christmas Character"

I opened 3 of them today and all I've got are 2 green soldiers and a harpy, yet someone in this forum have got some of the new characters from the Christmas souls. It's all about luck.

If you're not happy with your luck and the randomness of the RNG, then save your money and ironites. Don't bother to buy them.

OS
    Android

The ads are truthful and not at all misleading, providing you have basic reading and comprehension skills. You should also make an effort to learn what a "shill" actually is, rather than picking words out of your butt.

In case anyone else doesn't yet understand it: Souls in this game are a lottery, a gamble, and the odds are bad. You have a chance to get what you want, but the best characters are the lowest probability - it is entirely possible you could never get what you want from an infinite number of souls. Do not buy souls unless you are happy gambling your ironite/badges/money.
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    You should also make an effort to learn what a "shill" actually is, rather than picking words out of your butt.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/shill
    "verb (used with object)
    4. to advertise or promote (a product) as or in the manner of a huckster; hustle:
    He was hired to shill a new TV show."

OS
    Android
    So you buy a lottery ticket where you can win 10000000 dollars and you don't and then you want to make a lawsuit because you did nit win the lottery?
    It said increased chance, not guaranteed win.
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Souls in this game are a lottery, a gamble, and the odds are bad. You have a chance to get what you want, but the best characters are the lowest probability - it is entirely possible you could never get what you want from an infinite number of souls. Do not buy souls unless you are happy gambling your ironite/badges/money.
    Exactly, that's what is probability is all about. It's all about luck and the chances are against you in this game. but lexileon announced that they want to implement an option on grinding toward specific characters. that would be much appreciated, but this option will also need big investments in time/resources.
    It's not supposed to be easy to get all great characters, but they should really tweak the legendary souls so that you only get characters you doesn't have.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Browno View Post
    So you buy a lottery ticket where you can win 10000000 dollars and you don't and then you want to make a lawsuit because you did nit win the lottery?
    It said increased chance, not guaranteed win.
    The lottery was advertised as a trip to Mars - instead I won a trip to Vegas, where I already live.

I'm not making the lawsuit. I'm stating facts. Valve was just ordered to pay $3M AUD for misleading statements. Not false. Simply misleading. Valve is already involved in lawsuits about random drop type games in several US states.

By being greedy the management of this game has ensured that people who spend money have a worse experience than people who don't.

That yields the immediate result that people spend less money and the longer term result that somebody that had a bad experience will almost certainly sue, possibly as a class action. It won't be me but I can see it coming a mile away.
    Last edited by ErikInVegas; 12-24-2016 at 09:04 AM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    It's not supposed to be easy to get all great characters, but they should really tweak the legendary souls so that you only get characters you doesn't have.
    Agreed! Of the three legendary souls I've opened, two were dupes that I've had since the first month this game was released!
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619