Cure What Ales You (Variety) - Exclusive Chance at 5★ Rogar, A Stranger in Time

Name:  Cure-What-Ales-You-1200x676-EN.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  270.7 KB

\\SYSTEM DATA -- ACCESSED\\
    \\DESIGNATION -- THE DRUNK DWARF\\
    \\F.I.D. -- ROGAR F. COSMOG\\
    \\SPECIALIZATION -- INTIMIDATION - HEIGHTENED STRENGTH - DURABILITY - BRUTE FORCE\\
    \\+^%ERROR<!-- DO NOT ALLOW ACCESS TO BAR -<&@- DO NOT SEND ON STEALTH MISSION^#ERROR!-\\

Out in the Strange Land region of space, a wide arrange of species and opportunities can be found. Rogar is a Cosmogian, a race of large and powerful aliens from a distant part of the cosmos. His physiology allows him to consume all manner of foods and liquids that would turn a human's guts to black goop. Rogar brings his skills as a bruiser to your team, shrugging off Permanent Stat Decreases and getting more powerful as the battle progresses. Whatever Rogar is drinking, it usually doubles as a weapon, causing severe random negative effects on the enemy team.

For those who remember, Rogar placed 2nd in community votes during the Forge a Hero campaign we ran back in the Spring. We knew he was popular based on the sheer amount of votes he received and now you can battle for a chance to collect him in the Cure What Ales You event!

Get full character details in the Compendium!

From now until November 30th at 4PM PT, complete challenges to earn Intergalactic Credits, Talisman Evolution Materials, Heavenly Currency and more.

Intergalactic Credits can be traded in store for a variety of items including Bruiser Souls, Rogar, A Stranger in Time himself and new Cosmic Purity Talismans!

This Cosmic High Virtue Talisman comes with the Purity passive. T1 Talismans will disable enemy Lust Talismans, T2 will disable enemy Lust and Hex Talismans, and the T3 will disable enemy Lust Talismans, Hex Talismans and Lilith Character Passive abilities. The passive ability also does the following:

If another Talisman effect or Character Passive is disabled by this Talisman, gain the following:
    • Inflict Crave and Punishment for the duration of the battle on all enemies at the start of battle.
    • Grant immunity to negative effects, including Silver effects, for 1 turn to each ally without beneficial effects, including Golden effects, at the start of battle and after every action.

If no Talisman effects or Character Passives are disabled by this Talisman, gain the following:
    • Remove a random negative effect, including Silver effects, from each enemy after every action. For every enemy affected, inflict them with 'immunity to beneficial effects, including golden effects’ for 1 turn and grant a random beneficial effect, including golden effects, to a random ally for 9 turns.

Note: At the end of this event, any unspent Currency will be automatically converted into Precious Soul Fragments at a 10% rate.

Bruiser Soul Details!

The Bruiser Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class. This soul has an increased chance of summoning 5★ Sentinel Celestra, Stranger in Time , and has an exclusive chance of summoning 5★ Warrior Rogar, A Stranger in Time.

Each Bruiser Soul summoned will also grant the following bonus rewards:
    10 Rogar, A Stranger in Time Soul Fragments
    20 Talisman Gold Red Soul Fragments

500 Rogar, A Stranger in Time Soul Fragments guarantees 1 5★ Warrior Rogar, A Stranger in Time.

400 Talisman Gold Red Soul Fragments guarantees a Tier 1 to Tier 3 Gold or Red Cosmic Talisman and 5★ Gold Idol.

Heavenly Currency is the event currency of our Divine Origins event running from September to the end of November.

Trade your Heavenly Currency in the Event Store for rare rewards including Amaterasu, Zodiac Talismans and more!

You can learn more about this featured event in the Divine Origins event post here!

IMPORTANT: Cure What Ales You is the FINAL Divine Origins associated event. Once this event ends you will no longer be able to collect Heavenly Currency! You MUST spend your currency on Divine Origin items by December 5th at 4pm PT.

Event Store Additions

• We have a number of limited time offerings for various in-game currencies available in the Event Store! Head to the store for the full list of offers.
    • Grab an additional boost of Event Currency to trade for more items in the Event Store. This pack also contains Talisman Soul Fragments, Frontier Coins, Ironite and more!

OS
    iOS
    I’m eternally grateful that you guys added this lad after he came second in the vote.

I’m less thankful for the fact we just barely don’t have enough currency to buy a Virtue T3 (the one time a T3 bespoke is required when compared to getting a lower tier of bespoke), let alone not having the option to go for either that bespoke or getting the big man himself.
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    We can only 2500 currency and 10 souls, right?

OS
    Android
    Doing the math, completing all events gives us 2500 currency. It's sad we must spend ironite/money if we want to get the Virtue T3 or the character Rogar. I wanted the cosmic High Virtue T3, but forcing me to buy the pack that gives the other 2500 currency, or spending 1500 ironite to buy 3000 credits it's out of the question. I will skip this event. Thanks.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieBiris View Post
    Doing the math, completing all events gives us 2500 currency. It's sad we must spend ironite/money if we want to get the Virtue T3 or the character Rogar. I wanted the cosmic High Virtue T3, but forcing me to buy the pack that gives the other 2500 currency, or spending 1500 ironite to buy 3000 credits it's out of the question. I will skip this event. Thanks.
    Black Friday is different this year.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    So I did the math for this, and it's not pretty. I think we can all agree that having both Rogar and the T3 Virtue Cosmic behind a paywall is annoying. I think it would have been better if we had enough currency to decide between one or the other, and the other ends up being pay only.

Currently, if you don't pull Rogar in the 10 free souls, you need another 6000 event currency, bringing that to 3000 ironite just for the big man. Then, if you want the T3 cosmic, you will need to pay an additional 2500 ironite for the 5000 currency necessary for it. That's 5500 ironite for the character and the talisman, which by the game's logic is over $100 USD. That's a bit ridiculous.

I don't mind that this is a pay only event, it's the first one of the month and likely the only one due to the next one being a dungeon. However, it feels bad that both rewards require you to pay. Even if you get Rogar in the free souls, you still need to pay 1500 ironite for the 3000 currency to get the T3 virtue cosmic. That's still a lot of money if you don't already have ironite stocked up.

OS
    Android
    I like this event.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimDusk View Post
    So I did the math for this, and it's not pretty. I think we can all agree that having both Rogar and the T3 Virtue Cosmic behind a paywall is annoying. I think it would have been better if we had enough currency to decide between one or the other, and the other ends up being pay only.

Currently, if you don't pull Rogar in the 10 free souls, you need another 6000 event currency, bringing that to 3000 ironite just for the big man. Then, if you want the T3 cosmic, you will need to pay an additional 2500 ironite for the 5000 currency necessary for it. That's 5500 ironite for the character and the talisman, which by the game's logic is over $100 USD. That's a bit ridiculous.

I don't mind that this is a pay only event, it's the first one of the month and likely the only one due to the next one being a dungeon. However, it feels bad that both rewards require you to pay. Even if you get Rogar in the free souls, you still need to pay 1500 ironite for the 3000 currency to get the T3 virtue cosmic. That's still a lot of money if you don't already have ironite stocked up.
    I 100% agree with you here.

I'ts like @Olevipoeg said, different Black Friday, on this one we pay the triple as usual...

Nerfed raid rewards, increasing the $$$ needed on paywall events... I just hope this is not the path where this game is headed now.
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    Android
    The currency does seem off on this one. There have been many "10 tries and fail" events where you basically had to buy the character with ironite, and that's fine. But this is the first one that I remember where you got some extra currency, but not enough. And it's really strange to have to choose between two worthwhile and rare items, each of which you don't have enough currency for. Not to mention that there's a fair amount of sands of time cost in this event.

It's hard for me to say, "Offer me less good stuff," but it kind of feels like this event should have had the character OR the new Virtue tali, not both.

All that said, there are some good aspects of this Variety event. Two of the biggest challenges (Brave New World and Frontier) overlap with the previous event. I appreciate that. And the arena challenge is extremely doable this time since it's just 100 and includes Gauntlet.

And I love, love, love the "10 time spkes for 2000 iron coins each and 10 Blood for 1000 each" option in the store. It's a little humorous that you gave me the option to spend 30,000 iron coins on stuff that I really want but made the challenge 250 iron coins. I'm not complaining, though! The time spikes and blood are reward enough.
    Last edited by Tsuketa; 11-25-2021 at 10:56 PM.
    Tsuketa-6474

Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Olevipoeg View Post
    Black Friday is different this year.
    They put some extra event souls in those ironite cash packs. I.e. £99 you get 4000 ironite + 20 event souls